Diller

Diller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:13

It really is a shame there was no video. That race has a lot of stories going on that would have been great to see.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Number:11

Its called the "regional" package....

James, you calling out Parker for cheating?  Ed built the car and power, and would seriously doubt he would take a chance on reputation no matter how much $$ was involved. 

• Lee Thomas likes this
G. Corley
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jason J Ball

Jason J Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:NASA-SE
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:15

My first thought with that time, had to be a T&S error. A 2:15.9 on Toyo's does not seem possible when everyone else is running 2:17+. I don't believe Ed would cheat either Gale!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Maybe Bolanos pushed him for 1/2 a lap before passing? Alex had an impressive run from the back.

• Jason J Ball likes this
G. Corley

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

James, you calling out Parker for cheating?  Ed built the car and power, and would seriously doubt he would take a chance on reputation no matter how much $$ was involved. 

Let me set this straight before its blown way out of proportion.  I don't know this Parker at all.  The comment was in jest at around a statistical anomaly.  Perhaps somehow this Parker fellow managed the weekends fastest lap by the race gods.  It happens sometimes, the magic lap.  I don't know and it doesn't really matter.  Obviously first hand accounts can see much better than anyone looking at T&S.  Being 3-5 seconds slower in every session to the leaders and putting down a smoker about 2 seconds clear of anyone in the Championship race is quite the accomplishment.

But I have seen it before, even at the Runoffs, plates get pulled and other shenanigans by those who do not think they have any chance to be teched.  Just a data point. 

And, just to throw this out there, you and I both know, the car owner can make the car faster than the builder, so nothing is implied at Ed either.....

I will leave it at that, and let the podium finishers celebrate their drives.  Congrats.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Maybe Bolanos pushed him for 1/2 a lap before passing? Alex had an impressive run from the back.

Then Bolanos would have an even faster lap......

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

James, Parker is a 14 year old and he can drive, I raced with him at the West Coast nationals and the car was legit there ( at least until he was wrecked on 1st lap of the race). I agree the lap time just doesn't fit and looks like maybe an error.

The Bolanos comment was in jest, but he did have a nice run.

G. Corley

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
The race looked to be a real mess with guys dropping from the front all the way back routinely. I assumed it was wet, people are saying it was mostly rough driving. Apparently P1 and P2 are under protest for contact. From at track people Blake was leading on last lap and Hernan got into him under brakes and got him side ways. Then passed under him.
Yiannis is thanking Mark Drennan on facebook for putting him off and ruining his race. ( Mr pot, this is the Kettle calling)

I dont know Hernan, regardless of the final results.. That guy must be a heck of a driver. Same goes for Drennan Blake and Johnathan Davis! Nice going guys!!

Also Blake, a shame he didn't end up on the podium. When others seemed to be losing their cool and making mistakes, Blake was the fastest just about every session, if not the fastest, he was right there. Some times it just doesn't work out :(
I also want to shout out to Mark Gibbons. He keep his nose clean all weekend and had a good finish! Congrats to Devin Cates as our best finisher.
Jim
  • trimless likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

the race looked to be a real mess with guys dropping from the front all the way back routinely. I assumed it was wet, people are saying it was mostly rough driving. Apparently P1 and P2 are under protest for contact. From at track people Blake was leading on last lap and Hernan got into him under brakes and got him side ways. Then passed under him.
Yiannis is thanking Mark Drennan on facebook for putting him off and ruining his race. ( Mr pot, this is the Kettle calling)

I dont know Hernan, regardless of the final results.. That guy must be a heck of a driver. Same goes for Drennan Blake and Johnathan Davis! Nice going guys!!

I also want to shout out to Mark Gibbons. He keep his nose clean all weekend and had a good finish! Congrats to Devin Cates as our best finisher.
Jim

Jim, Hernan is kicking butt here in TX these days so yes he is a hell of a driver.

• Jim Drago likes this
G. Corley

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Kyle

I appreciate you coming on here and apologizing to me. However dude, what you did was WTF, and you did something similar the previous day. You cannot win these races in Turn 1 - you seriously need to back the F down at the starts

WTF are you thinking - My race lasted 14 seconds due to this insanity.

• john mueller and Jim Drago like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

For what its worth...racehero has a note from race director that #19 had intermittent signal(Parker)

Hernan was 2nd to kyle L at Sonoma last Oct. in the Western Champs. He has run the whole season this year in MX5 Cup. If you dont learn to drive aggressive...you get eating up in that series! NASA rules foster defensive driving...not that all do it but the lead car has control and you better be ready to go in the weeds!

I assume all contact/protests will be reviewed prior to tech...this happened at Laguna. And not all contact gets reported!

But if in fact Hernan had a little bump to pass...he should lose positions.

EDIT...Tech? Hmmm....

Ron

RAmotorsports

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

the race looked to be a real mess with guys dropping from the front all the way back routinely. I assumed it was wet, people are saying it was mostly rough driving. Apparently P1 and P2 are under protest for contact. From at track people Blake was leading on last lap and Hernan got into him under brakes and got him side ways. Then passed under him.

Jim

Hernan was one of the guys to beat at the 2014 Western Champs at Sears Point last year.  But he was DQ'd for an ECU from one of the Qual races and had to start the main from the back.  Just ran out of time.  Dude's good.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Kyle

I appreciate you coming on here and apologizing to me. However dude, what you did was WTF, and you did something similar the previous day. You cannot win these races in Turn 1 - you seriously need to back the F down at the starts

WTF are you thinking - My race lasted 14 seconds due to this insanity.

This is the shit that has me moving to a different class beginning next month.  The same thing happened at the 2015 NASA Western Champs at Mazda Raceway a few months ago...  All the money and time to get to the track and this mess.   Yes, it happens in other classes, it just seems to happen in SM more often - even at regionals.  Stupid.  Maybe it should be renamed SRM (Spec Red Mist).

• Waterboy likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Congrats to all the finishers. Blake drove one hell of a race with not quite the same as what the others around him had. I believe there is a protest in the works.

• Jim Drago likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Read the posts and watched the videos. Then looked at the line-up for the race. A question is, being the race line-up is not formed by strictly by qualifying lap time, is part of the race incident results issues because of the NASA format? Not busting any ones balls, just asking a question.  

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
Post race protests were upheld. Drennan now the winner, Jonathan Davis 2nd, Blake Clements 3rd. Waiting to here the full results. Checking in from 30,000ft

Danny

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Read the posts and watched the videos. Then looked at the line-up for the race. A question is, being the race line-up is not formed by strictly by qualifying lap time, is part of the race incident results issues because of the NASA format? Not busting any ones balls, just asking a question.

Bench - yes NASA's format which rewards average finishing positions rather than outright speed, creates some anomalies. In this case we had some drivers who were running 2-5 seconds a lap slower that faster drivers, start ahead of the faster drivers since they kept it on the track during the downpour.

Not saying that their system is bad, just that I personally dont like it. Its tough to know what a driver that is driving significantly slower lap times is going to do in a head-to-head situation. With drivers of similar speed there is a lot of familiarity, and trust earned over many years of wheel to wheel racing at close quarters.
  • True North and Jim Drago like this

Danny

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Post race protests were upheld. Drennan now the winner, Jonathan Davis 2nd, Blake Clements 3rd. Waiting to here the full results. Checking in from 30,000ft

Not so fast...  You're making assumptions.  Wait for the official results, may not be done yet.

Randy Wolfgram

Randy Wolfgram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:19

Not so fast...  You're making assumptions.  Wait for the official results, may not be done yet.

John, are these not the official results as labeled?

http://timingscoring...ed by Mazda.pdf

• john mueller likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users