James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

I am talking about the MSR-C series of turns starting at horseshoe and ending in tombstone, running CCW. Brett Gabriel has similar fuel starvation issues in his 99. Since the rule change, I dont have a stock fuel pressure regulator, I have an adjustable one located outside of the tank. I did make sure that the return hose was fastened tight and is dumping very near the pick-up. I am running 52psi of fuel pressure, but don't really monitor it in terms of logged data. I do have a pressure gauge on the regulator itself, but that is under the tank cover and I only look at it when tuning.

Oh ok. It has been years since I ran there, and then is was in a 1.6L so I don't have any experience to help you. From what you wrote, it sounds like you knew about the "side effect" issue I was alluding too with the FPR. I am still surprised though, because I have run races with the car loaded for some time with no ill effects. Was this always an issue for you or just a recent manifistation?

It might be you'll just have to run with more fuel and less lead.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:SouthWest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:40

Oh ok. It has been years since I ran there, and then is was in a 1.6L so I don't have any experience to help you. From what you wrote, it sounds like you knew about the "side effect" issue I was alluding too with the FPR. I am still surprised though, because I have run races with the car loaded for some time with no ill effects. Was this always an issue for you or just a recent manifestation?

It might be you'll just have to run with more fuel and less lead.

Don't believe you have seen Brian, he's a tall guy (like watching a circus bear climbing into a car :P). Believe he's already over weight with no ballast (2011 NASA rules), but that topic is already taking place in another thread.:wacko:

Toby Linder

powered by X-Factor Racing

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Don't believe you have seen Brian, he's a tall guy (like watching a circus bear climbing into a car :P). Believe he's already over weight with no ballast (2011 NASA rules), but that topic is already taking place in another thread.:wacko:

Yes, I have seen him. But NASA weight rules didn't even cross my mind. But I see your point, I am not a big guy (although not a lightweight either), but I don't think I could make weight in my 99 in NASA. Maybe, if I took out every piece of optional equipment. I guess Brian will just have to race handicapped. You guys should give him a head start.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA