Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Great another parity thread :)
I was around Matoy a few times in practice, I would agree with his post. No idea how much was car/driver/setup/tires etc, but the car seemed plenty fast to me. I looked up lap times, I think we all can agree we are talking tenths, not seconds in terms of parity.. so unless you want to compare other 99/05 cars that are running similar times, it seemingly wouldnt make all that much sense?

Or better yet.. Maybe we can keep to the racing? ;)
  • Waterboy likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

EMatoy

EMatoy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:73

Or better yet.. Maybe we can keep to the racing? ;)

I agree....on that note I need to turn left and not slow down. No parity adjustment can fix me.

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Car Year:2001

Parity- I would suck in any model............ Just say'in

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Coached by a guy Todd Lamb coaches

WWW.RandyFusi.XXX (under construction)

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

Parity- I would suck in any model............ Just say'in

That's because you don't have a website or a sponsor.
  • Todd Lamb, Jim Drago, tylerbrown and 1 other like this

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

That's because you don't have a website or a sponsor.

Excellent point

• Jim Drago likes this

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Coached by a guy Todd Lamb coaches

WWW.RandyFusi.XXX (under construction)

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Now see, I DO have a website and I just keep running into things...mostly immovable things. I'm not any faster, though. So, its a trade off.
  • MotoFusi likes this

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Region:NEOhio
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:45

I have your data. It's the driver.

I'm not going to try and compare my 1.6 to any NB car out there this weekend because I couldn't find a good setup on my car for the whole weekend. The car was super loose in the back end and I could not get it settled down. So all my breaking points were way off.

Ralph did put a box in my car and compared it to a couple of the top 10 guys and the power and speed seems about the same down the whole back straight. But again I was hitting the brakes way sooner to try and get the car settled before the corner.

From the data and from me having to hit the brakes sooner than I liked I can see I lost at least a second to a second-and-a-half every lap because of that. So that is why I cannot honestly tell you how I feel about the comparison of the NA to the NB.

I can only blame myself and my car setup for being two seconds off. But I will say if I can get a good setup on the car I see no problem knocking 1.5sec off my lap times which would have put me in the top15. I can't prove that right at the moment but it's just my guess from looking at the data
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Some people always want to turn everything about the 1.6 into parity crap thread.

Thanks for the data box info Kuch and your personal info. Knowing there were boxes in cars clears up Ralph's post #152.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Some people always want to turn everything about the 1.6 into parity crap thread.

Thanks for the data box info Kuch and your personal info. Knowing there were boxes in cars clears up Ralph's post #152.

Crap. I guess that means hell has frozen, pigs are flying, etc....

-tch

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"
synonyms: sarcasm, causticity, cynicism, mockery, satire, sardonicism
"that note of irony in her voice"
a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.
plural noun: ironies
"the irony is that I thought he could help me"
synonyms: paradox, incongruity, incongruousness
"the irony of the situation"
a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.
noun: dramatic irony

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
What is ironic irony? Is that twice as ironic...or does it cancel out like double-negatives?

-tch

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

I collected a lot of data USING THE SCCA BLACK BOXES this week 1.6, 99 and VVT. From the samples I collected there I seen no clear advantage over any one year. Top 1.6 data was from Kuch and Matoy. I have had Maytoy car on my Dyno and it a solid example of 1.6 power. Maybe not the best of the best but close.

CLARIFICATION!!!

Of course, everyone knew the SCCA black boxes were used except me, damn I should have guessed that. :bigsquaregrin:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:38
Bench SCCA boxes were not used. My own and participants on a voluntary basis.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48

Probably shouldn't keep posting videos but there are already a ton of them online and maybe some saved. Here is my view from Saturday's race. 

• Danny Steyn, Danica Davison and speedengineer like this

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Nice Job Justin, Congrats again.
mine should be posted shortly, here is the links

https://youtu.be/nZHh4jnEyxA

Jim
  • Danny Steyn and speedengineer like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Car Number:35

Jim you got some big wheel spin going on there.

• ECOBRAP likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Nice Job Justin, Congrats again.
mine should be posted shortly, here is the links

Jim

The draft-bump-almost-double-pass was awesome.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Probably shouldn't keep posting videos but there are already a ton of them online and maybe some saved. Here is my view from Saturday's race.

Heck of a drive Justin, you sure earned it! Thanks for continuing to share.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Car Number:35

I forgot to ask what all was done in Tech? Other than checking for painted heat shields?

I know Jason's head was pulled. I hear about a diff and transmission, second hand?

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Frank

On mine saturday not much... I think many were sealed up to see who/what they were going tyo pull apart on Sunday. My throttle body was sealed at the last race, so I was stall tested again (4th time now) and fuel tested and weight. 

I saw others getting the same.  I believe Jason had the head, Johnathan Davis had to remove the rear end. Yiannis I believe had a head on Sunday.  I believe MAx's tech was similar or the same as mine with a plate pulled as well. I like the idea that they are not pulling the heads on just the guys at the front. This particular head on my car has been inspected twice at this point. 

• Pat Ross likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users