Mark McCallister

Mark McCallister

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:40

There's a ton of info here:  https://www.schrothr....com/technology on materials, stretching, homologation, etc., from one company's point of view, of course.

I just learned from that page:  "The biggest change required in SFI 16.6 versus SFI 16.5 is the addition of a mandatory Negative G belt, making all belts either 7 or 9 point configurations. The Negative G belt is a center mounted sub-strap that acts to hold the camlock and lap belts in position on the pelvis bones during a roll over or negative G incident."

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brandon

Brandon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:48SM

Good read - thanks!

There's a ton of info here:  https://www.schrothr....com/technology on materials, stretching, homologation, etc., from one company's point of view, of course.

I just learned from that page:  "The biggest change required in SFI 16.6 versus SFI 16.5 is the addition of a mandatory Negative G belt, making all belts either 7 or 9 point configurations. The Negative G belt is a center mounted sub-strap that acts to hold the camlock and lap belts in position on the pelvis bones during a roll over or negative G incident."

William Keeling

William Keeling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Houston Region
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:11

SafeCraft are the only lap belts I can tighten unaided -- just wish they had adjustable crotch straps like the Schrothr.

William Keeling

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:32
Tard,

It's good to have you back...

CNJ
  • Bench Racer likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users