FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I'll be doing some serious cardio before I go back next year... :)

Grabbed my video card.. no video at all from the entire weekend :(

You always say that, you better not ever plan on retiring from the parts business as a wedding photographer. Sorry Mr Groom can you give her that ring again.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

After watching Tyler's epic duel, I can see why drivers like this track. Definitely have to make this happen. Apart from one section the hands are never straight. Definitely a driver's track.

• 38bfast, Tyler Kicera and Dan Spangler like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

screaming monkey

screaming monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Region:WI
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:65

The ups and downs of Grattans race course, mirrored the ups and downs of our weekend.

Paul Kwiecinski entered the race as the only T3 Global cup car running the event. Unfortunately he spun early in the first race and got hit by another car and broke a suspension upright. Would have been an easy fix if I had the part :pessimist: We need to get some more of these cars out in club racing. Paul had already clinched the Northern Conference Championship with wins at Blackhawk and Road America.

Scott Mooney drove my T4 MX5 to a second place finish on Saturday. This was his first podium finish at the Majors level.

Voytek could not keep up with the kids in SM. But no one could. A strong 4th on Saturday was all he could do. After a short delay to the start of the race on Sunday, we started his motor and the dash light up with no alternator output. I quickly checked connections, but the grid was moving. The voltage kept dropping and after 17 minutes the engine died from lack of moving electrons. Now we know how long you can race without an alternator.

We all thought we had lost the Northern Conference Championship to a bad alternator. Thanks to the guys out front who bested Justin on Sunday, when the points and drops where calculated, Voytek won the Conference Championship by 3 points.

And, we had 8 cars at Road America for the Midwestern Council event. Where we won 6 more races.

It was great to finally meet Tyler and his family/crew. Great people.

Since Voytek doesn't post here, I will thank the crew for him, Ann, Ben, Jason, Bob, Jacob (the new guy), Kyle, Adam and Bentley. Also Thanks to Chris Haldeman of X-Factor racing for the great motors. First time in 8 years that Voytek said he was equal on power to everyone else.

Off to Road America on Thursday for the Double Regional (or whatever they call them).

See you all at Mid Ohio next month.

Dave

Thank you, Dave for the mention and for a fantastic car for the two Michigan races! I haven't logged in here for a while because I forgot my password:(  

This was my best weekend in Majors competition yet and I know this isn't the T4 forum,but I believe that this class is strong and the presence of so many MX5's here is one of the reasons. It was a pleasure racing with so much talent (despite the smallish field) and then be able to watch an awesome SM race as a spectator. This weekend is why I do this and why so many are attracted to this sport. Congrats to all that shined here this weekend!!!

Richard Scott Mooney
"Warm up your tires, brakes and brains"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users