- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

mglobe

mglobe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
Does anyone know if the livestream is archived online?

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

All passed!

OK, let me ask something a little more in depth. What was teched and how was it determined who was teched?

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

OK, let me ask something a little more in depth. What was teched and how was it determined who was teched?

Top 10 on Sunday plus 1 random were teched.  The list varied depending on position.  

From what I saw 1-3

dyno

shocks 

track width

fuel

final drive ratio

2 wheels weighed

restrictor measured

heads pulled

intake weighed

visual inspection of diff bushing

Exhaust diameter

sure there was more just didn't see the total list.  

I was 8th and had to do all of that less the dyno, head and shocks.    I believe 4-7 had to do my list plus front and rear shocks one side.  

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Top 10 on Sunday plus 1 random were teched.  The list varied depending on position.  

From what I saw 1-3

dyno

shocks 

track width

fuel

final drive ratio

2 wheels weighed

restrictor measured

heads pulled

intake weighed

visual inspection of diff bushing

Exhaust diameter

sure there was more just didn't see the total list.  

I was 8th and had to do all of that less the dyno, head and shocks.    I believe 4-7 had to do my list plus front and rear shocks one side.  

why would they weigh the intake? 

• ECOBRAP and mglobe like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

I'd like to know how they did track width? Last year at Laguna they started to do this with toe plates. When I asked what measurement they were looking for they couldnt answer...in the end after someone else also questioned the method they did nothing. 

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

I'd like to know how they did track width? Last year at Laguna they started to do this with toe plates. When I asked what measurement they were looking for they couldnt answer...in the end after someone else also questioned the method they did nothing. 

Xavier Calderon was the racing director for our series and he had the list and the whys.  He shows up here from time to time so I will see if we can get him to layout what he did and why.  

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

mglobe

mglobe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

So they can check the density of the blinker fluid.
  • Danny Steyn, Lee Thomas, ECOBRAP and 1 other like this

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Number:59

Checking for liquid CO2 jackets to cool intake air temps

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Checking for liquid CO2 jackets to cool intake air temps

Oh damnthey finally caught on to that???😷
  • True North likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

WTF?  I couldn't see what was happening in front of me at the start but this poor guy basically wrecks his car and then spends another 4 corners trying not to wreck it again holding up me and Drennan.  

Brian Tone

Brian Tone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Car Number:55

I think this car wound up breaking the right rear LCA, we came up on him in the laces in the middle of the track with about 5" of toe in trying to keep it straight.

WTF?  I couldn't see what was happening in front of me at the start but this poor guy basically wrecks his car and then spends another 4 corners trying not to wreck it again holding up me and Drennan.  

I met a ton of people and had a great time.  For me, having never been to WG I'm pretty stoked with my progression and where I wound up:

Qualified 43rd

Finished qual race 1 @ 33

Finished qual race 2 @ 23

Finished Champ race @ 19th

The biggest win of all - I drove the car onto the trailer with only 1 minor tire mark on the car, otherwise no contact at all except for the draft!

It was a great weekend, weather was perfect and the facility/track is out of this world.  I'll make the tow up there again!

Next year is down in Sebring, they've also been adamant there won't be a conflict with SCCA next year either, so everyone wins!

I'll get a video edited toss it up there this week.

bpt

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Next year is down in Sebring, they've also been adamant there won't be a conflict with SCCA next year either, so everyone wins!

I hope that means a minimum of three weeks apart as we would like to do both.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

A huge congrats to Tyler Kicera and Chris Haldeman for the intelligent race they drove. For me I was just trying to stay in the draft. Trevor McCallion was the only one with me and wasn't going to push me past his team mate, so we raced each other and fell back. I think that if it wasn't Chris ahead of us, I think we could have been in the hunt for the win. Trevor raced me hard and clean in both the qualifying race and the main race, and I look forward to mixing it up with him again. 

Thanks to Tom and Tracy Fowler, and the entire OPM crew who chased the setup all weekend, finally nailing it down for the race. Thanks to Mike and Elaine Rossini, Glen Stephens of Traqmate, Roger Burdette of Traqgear, Danny and Chris Puskar of G-Loc Brakes, Dean Case and the entire team at Mazda and Toyo Tires for the contingency

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Text book start... :smash:

2 or 10 donkeys like this is why we get 4 and 5 wide 1st turn starts...missed shifts are bad enough but not intentional! 

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

. Trevor raced me hard and clean in both the qualifying race and the main race, and I look forward to mixing it up with him again. 

Trevor is one of the best SM racers that no one has heard of outside Texas :) 

• Gary Norris, chris haldeman, MPR22 and 4 others like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

SpecMiataBarbie

SpecMiataBarbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Rocky Mountain
  • Car Number:27
You guys are the BEST! What an amazing race Sunday - I'm still on cloud 9. Couldn't ask for a more incredible group of competitors. You all were so welcoming - I've never had more fun. I'll remember this day for the rest of my life. What a race!!!
  • Danny Steyn and Xav like this

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44

Edited:

What a weekend and what a season, thanks everyone!  We really had no idea what we were doing on Toyos as it was only my second weekend on them.  We showed up with my usual baseline setup and worked from there on the test day while scrubbing in some tires.  I was quickest lapping by myself on test day and my strategy was to do a solo qualifying run just as I did at the Majors in June.  Unfortunately my lap times remained the same and four others in the draft picked up about 6/10ths which put be back in fifth.  

Friday's race was an absolute joke.  I'm not sure what anyone was thinking even starting a race with only 15 minutes until the track was REQUIRED to go cold.  Then there was the incident with Blake and Amy.  I went back and reviewed the video and there was a yellow in turn 8 (heel) which I will admit that I missed in the heat of battle.  I always look at the flag stand in turn 9 and once I saw it, I knew that there was a 99% chance someone had tanked the wall.  I slowed enough to hug the inside line and safely avoid Amy.  I'm glad she and Blake are OK.  

I certainly felt like I had a bullseye on my back this weekend because in all three races I got hung out to dry on the start.  On Saturday going into the bus stop Preston and I went side by side and when he hopped the curb, we made contact and both shot off to the right.  I made it back on track in 13th and proceeded to put my head down and charge to the front.  I didn't think I'd be in the lead after only four laps.  It was a magical race.  Although I'd rather never have to come from behind, I seem to find an extra gear when I'm put in those positions (Me and Danny at Summit a few years back / michigan for the 2015 national points / NJMP with Elivan this season )

For Sunday the top guys made changes to their cars overnight and worked better together which kept the field tight for at least two thirds of the race.  I got shuffled back on the start again but was patient working my way back up to the ex-hometowner (Haldeman).  I tried pushing him for a few laps but he was holding me up in all the wrong spots and Danny and Trevor were able to hang.  I swapped the lead with Chris and we started to pull on the field.  I got loose a few time, missed a shift in turn 1 which erased the gap, but eventually we broke away for good....or at least until the FCY came out.  The race should have been over as we hit the 45 minute mark before we ever took the green again.  It's so hard to focus again after two laps of caution and I only had one lap to hold off the field.  Given how badly I got hung out on the starts, I was worried about this one.  I defended to the inside heading down the back straight into the bus stop.  Haldeman hung with me until the heel where I ran WAY wide and nearly put two wheels in the dirt on exit.  We ended up side by side but I had the inside line in 9 which sealed the deal for me.  Congrats to Chris and Danny on sharing the podium - I always have a blast when I get to race with them.  Also a shoutout to Ryan Fisher for sticking around after I gave him a hard time and earning the hard charger with a solid finish from the back - that's how you learn!  

Huge thanks to Matt Kessler for providing such a strong engine which lasted the entire season.  We put it in before VIR, dyno'd it, and didn't touch it the rest of the season.  It was whistled a few times, intake and plate sealed, and then sealed a few more times.  Matt is a great guy and really knows his stuff about these engines and transmissions.  I couldn't have done this without his support!  

On a sidenote, I'm honored and looking forward to being one of the Spec Miata representatives at the MRT24 Shootout next month! 

• Jim Drago, Lee Thomas, ECOBRAP and 2 others like this

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Does anyone know if the livestream is archived online?

They have Friday, Saturday and this one. Only 7 1/2 hours.

http://livestream.co...ideos/136864266

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44

I forgot to mention that we destroyed the old NASA lap record by about 4.5 seconds (new record 2:15.07) which was actually faster than we ran in any of the Majors races on Hoosiers.  Danny had it for a bit and then I turned a lap about 0.02 better to take it over.  For comparison, I was able to lay down a 2:14.7 in official practice during the majors on hoosiers all by myself.  

http://youtu.be/KpSVkIuBDjc

• Xav likes this

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

I was quickest by myself on test day and was confident I could secure the pole running solo in qualifying just as I did at the Majors.

I certainly had a bullseye on my back this weekend because in all three races I got hung out to dry on the start.  

I knew that everyone had probably learned their lesson from Saturday that to catch me, they'd have to improve their cars and work better together.  

Glad to see you're still staying humble. 

• MPR22 likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users