Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Glad to see you're still staying humble. 

:)

• Danica Davison likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44

Glad to see you're still staying humble.

EDIT:

I'm sorry to those of you who read my race write ups and think that I'm arrogant, cocky, or conceited - that is so far from who I am and you'd know that if you've ever spent any time around me.  I am an extremely competitive individual and anyone who has achieved success in anything knows sometimes you have to convince yourself you've got what it takes even when those around you tell you otherwise.  By no means do I intend for my posts to belittle others or beat my own chest, they're just meant to provide a transparent window into the race weekend from my point of view and sometimes my inner dialogue gets mixed in.  I think that's where some of you might be mistaken or put off.  In the future I will try to post in a way that reflects a more objective recap of the weekend.  

I have the utmost respect for all of you that I race with.  It's only because of you that I'm able to push myself to continue getting better and better at this.  No one is perfect, myself included.   

• True North, Ron Alan, Jim Drago and 4 others like this

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Not sure if that's a dis but if it is, you clearly don't know me.

First off...great drive and congratulations on your victory! No doubt you put it all together and drove your ass off which was not missed by any of us who watched and were paying attention! Best of luck at the shootout!

With regard to Johns comment and your response...I dont know you, but what you write sends out an impression...good or bad, fair or not. We all like confidence but when it seems to cross the line onto arrogance and conceit...we begin to lose respect and disregard.

For me, i see what(and why) is being implied with John's comment. But I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that communicating via words typed on the internet just needs a little fine tuning :)

• True North, Jim Drago and SaulSpeedwell like this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dan Spangler

Dan Spangler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:Northeast

But I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that communicating via words typed on the internet just needs a little fine tuning :)

Take it from someone who's known him for 19 years, I think it's just the way things were worded in an excitement to get a recap posted.  Tyler in person is certainly not someone that walks around beating his chest, he's super chill and easy to get along with.    

• Ron Alan, Jim Drago and Danny Steyn like this

-Dan

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Click on the man's picture for his background. He didn't start racing in the last 10 years as many of you have.

Great job Tyler, as I expected.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

EDIT:

I'm sorry to those of you who read my race write ups and think that I'm arrogant, cocky, or conceited - that is so far from who I am and you'd know that if you've ever spent any time around me.  I am an extremely competitive individual and anyone who has achieved success in anything knows sometimes you have to convince yourself you've got what it takes even when those around you tell you otherwise.  By no means do I intend for my posts to belittle others or beat my own chest, they're just meant to provide a transparent window into the race weekend from my point of view and sometimes my inner dialogue gets mixed in.  I think that's where some of you might be mistaken or put off.  In the future I will try to post in a way that reflects a more objective recap of the weekend.  

I have the utmost respect for all of you that I race with.  It's only because of you that I'm able to push myself to continue getting better and better at this.  No one is perfect, myself included.   

No need to explain.  You've had back to back fantastic seasons and congrats on the several wins, national points championships and now the NASA championship over the past couple years.  Really enjoy your videos too.  You're at the top of your game and that takes so much hard work and dedication in this class.

• SaulSpeedwell and Tyler Kicera like this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

• Tyler Kicera likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Tyler you have had two good back to back seasons, you are entitled to beat your chest a little, but that is not how i took your comments.

• SaulSpeedwell, Tyler Kicera and MotoFusi like this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Tyler you have had two good back to back seasons, you are entitled to beat your chest a little, but that is not how i took your comments.

Ditto, read it as excitement and a well earned sense of pride, nothing more. Enjoy it!
  • SaulSpeedwell and Tyler Kicera like this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

Yeah, anyone who has spoken to Tyler wouldn't have interpreted his post as arrogant.  Great job!

• Danny Steyn, SaulSpeedwell, Amy M and 1 other like this
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

No need to explain.  You've had back to back fantastic seasons and congrats on the several wins, national points championships and now the NASA championship over the past couple years.  Really enjoy your videos too.  You're at the top of your game and that takes so much hard work and dedication in this class.

Ditto.  I thought the performance, willingness to share (e.g. videos, where secrets are revealed and cheating is exposed), and celebratory post were all well-deserved and in line.

Enjoy it, Tyler!   

• Tyler Kicera likes this

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

Preston Pardus

Preston Pardus

The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:42

Well, here is my video from the first qualifying race. Still trying to edit the second race and the main, hopefully I'll get them uploaded before the weekend. In the video you get a pretty good view of what happened in the lead pack when trying to avoid the stranded car in the middle of the track.

• Danica Davison likes this
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44

Thanks guys - I really appreciate the support.

Now for some slicing and dicing!!!

http://youtu.be/BjX8fCQLmWg

• Richard Astacio likes this

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

Tyler has some insane hands.......and quick reflexes....This class is crazy with the amount of talented drivers it brings.

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Here is the feature race from my in-car camera. Unfortunately my rear GoPro failed. 

• True North likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

PS - I didn't detect any arrogance on Tyler's part, just a statement of the facts. If you have raced with Tyler, you know he is a wheelman, totally prepared, avoids getting mixed up in the BS, is prepared to share what he is doing, and will race you fair every time.

He does have one unfortunate habit that is worth mentioning as it is pissing everyone off right now. STOP WINNING EVERYTHING DUDE!  :toast:   You gotta throw us a bone. PS - love racing with you.

Danny
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Well, here is my video from the first qualifying race. Still trying to edit the second race and the main, hopefully I'll get them uploaded before the weekend. In the video you get a pretty good view of what happened in the lead pack when trying to avoid the stranded car in the middle of the track.

Here is the officiating mistake of the weekend - at 2:36 you see Clements in the wall in Preston's rear view mirror. I was ahead of it too but saw it in my mirror. I was on the radio saying that they would have to go RED flag, yet nothing came out. Preston and the leaders have no idea of what has transpired in Turn 9. They continue for an entire lap, and FINALLY encounter a waving yellow in Turn 9 (A BLIND CORNER) AND SPLIT AMY MILLS, and the entire field races past her. 

This could have had tragic consequences, and NASA needs to rethink their approach. To their credit they did make changes to the race flagger's control organization for the rest of the weekend. 

Danny

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Tyler, 

From Fridays video it appears you found the secret sauce sometime after Friday's qual race.  Your car was turning much better than the rest of the field on Saturday.  You had that same push as everyone else was experiencing on Friday.  You hit the sweet spot with the Toyos that everyone else was struggling to find.  It appears that Danny eventually worked his way to it on Sunday also.  

Congrats on a great weekend. 

Michael

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Brian Tone

Brian Tone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Car Number:55

On the topic of secret sauce, anyone that was in the fast group want to send me a Traqmate data file so I can try to improve myself...?

Let me know if you're willing to share.

Thanks, 

bpt

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

On the topic of secret sauce, anyone that was in the fast group want to send me a Traqmate data file so I can try to improve myself...?

Let me know if you're willing to share.

Thanks, 

bpt

What times are you running and what day do you want to compare data?  Trying to keep it apples to apples. 

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users