chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:73
That car has made me look great many times!!! Anybody who truly knows me knows that I am far from great lol
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

mhiggins10

mhiggins10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Region:SOWDIV
  • Car Year:1990

Its a horrible bad habit.  I need a new visor since mine is scratched but it should be down.

I've noticed a few of th big boys in IMSA run with theirs up and always wondered why. Figured it should probably be down...
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

I have a very hard time driving with the visor down as well.  I have tried, and I cant do it but know I need to work on it. I miss brake zones, turn in points, etc. More than I do already :)

• mhiggins10 likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

Nice Virb Video! 

• JRHille likes this

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:SouthWest
  • Car Number:40

The kill-zone lives on...

Before getting to the (very short) video, I want to say BIG THANKS to Chris Haldeman.  Either he is the Jesus of Spec Miata or has made a deal with devil. How he manages to complete my re-tub and practically re-build the #04 he was racing at NOLA baffles me (and do all of things involved in running X-Factor). Additional thanks to Michael Johnson, Chris Bermudez, Tim Mikus and Trevor McCallion, would not of made it to NOLA without your help.

As mentioned the car was fresh re-tub and I struggled to find pace, even with guidance from Haldeman, Ross and Ferranti, thanks gents, you make it easy.

Found myself starting P21, made what I thought was decent start to ~P15 by T3.......  Poor (Amy) Mills, wish I could have reacted quicker. (I did notice they DQ'd Federi for the contact).  Too bad for (Skip) Brock, just nowhere to go.

Toby Linder

powered by X-Factor Racing

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

So were our new contact rules or enforcement in place for this weekend? This is being rolled out in the super tour events correct?

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Amy is just having the worst luck - every one of these instances has not been of her own making. So want to see this fast chick kick some butt and move up in the class where I think she belongs, but this succession of bad luck just sets her back every time.

• Danica Davison likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

I agree.  Amy has been on the unlucky end of a lot of crashes which is really unfortunate.  I'm sure it is difficult to find a rhythm and gain pace/confidence when you are getting taken out every weekend.  Was a poor move on the white car IMO. 

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

So were our new contact rules or enforcement in place for this weekend? This is being rolled out in the super tour events correct?

I am guessing this is sarcasm, right? Lol

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Official results » Car #121 SM disqualified for contact with #14 SM. GCR 6.11.1.A  "Drivers are responsible to avoid physical contact between cars on the race track", a severe penalty according to 7.2.F. http://cdn.growasset....pdf?1488505873

Joe (Federi) was paddocked in the X-Factor compound and felt bad about the situation.

(I got to do color commentary from T1 for the flat-bed driver.  Told him once Rollan and Carter passed Haldeman I didn't see how he would get back around 'em unless they made a mistake, which they didn't.  Saw plenty of impressive driving  throughout the field).

Toby Linder

powered by X-Factor Racing

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

I am guessing this is sarcasm, right? Lol

Not really, we were promised last year that in response to our concerns over contact that they were going to roll out a test program on contact to take action on contact in the super tour program. Since i was not that just asking. No real reason to drill someone in a corner like that and if you make that mistake to the detriment of another driver there should be a consequence.

Last race of the year, last year I and everyone behind me was slowing for a car that was spinning in the corner and I got drilled so hard it knocked me into and past the spinner into the sand trap. wrecked my car, because someone is not looking up. I for one am tired of fixing my car.

I am not making any statement about this past event, we all make mistakes I have too, I am just saying if we do make a mistake we have to address it.

• tylerbrown and Danica Davison like this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Not really, we were promised last year that in response to our concerns over contact that they were going to roll out a test program on contact to take action on contact in the super tour program. Since i was not there just asking. No real reason to drill someone in a corner like that and if you make that mistake to the detriment of another driver there should be a consequence.

Last race of the year, last year I and everyone behind me was slowing for a car that was spinning in the corner and I got drilled so hard it knocked me into and past the spinner into the sand trap. wrecked my car, because someone is not looking up. I for one am tired of fixing my car.

I am not making any statement about this past event, we all make mistakes I have too, I am just saying if we do make a mistake we have to address it.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

https://video.search...eb2195448b75fa0

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

I was asking if it was sarcasm, because have we even been updated of such changes to the program for contact?  Maybe I missed the memo ... but all I remember is them saying "we heard you and are working on it" and that is it.  Doesn't seem like it has been talked about much since then

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

I was asking if it was sarcasm, because have we even been updated of such changes to the program for contact?  Maybe I missed the memo ... but all I remember is them saying "we heard you and are working on it" and that is it.  Doesn't seem like it has been talked about much since then

Stumbled across the clip (don't know any details)

https://youtu.be/OdxRDbJZ-aw

Description said the other car was DQ'd.  IMO the officials at NOLA were enforcing the GCR. The only penalty more severe than a DQ [4 points] is probation (suspension) of racing privileges.  Maybe I don't understand GCR-70?  Wonder how SCCA is tracking penalty points?

Toby Linder