Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

Good thing we practiced our flipping on iRacing ... I was ready!

Glad you are ok....is the car totaled? 

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

Glad you are ok....is the car totaled?

Surprisingly it isn't totaled and I feel just fine!  But, it needs a new a whole new left side of the car, front bumper, radiator, shocks, some other suspension stuff and I/m sure some other things on the bottom of the car that we don't know is bent yet.  But, it appears the car is straight and it went back with Jeff Labounty and he will go through it and see what else is needed.  Still planning to get it fixed and ready for the runoffs!

I actually got somewhat lucky. I went into the Armco side by side with another car, who unfortunately for him, took most of the blow into the wall, and will need at least a new front clip or might retub.  He took his weight plus my weight into the Armco and I don't think I made thatttt much contact with the wall.  I think I somehow got ramped up over the wall and grinded it like a skateboard and when I came down, the left front dug into the ground and shot the rear up in the air and all I could see was grass. Thankfully when it came back down it landed on the tires and didn't continue to somersault.

• Jim Drago and Danny Steyn like this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Car Year:2001

Glad you are OK Danica.

I had a great time in Daytona!!!! I had a lot of car trouble that we finally sorted out. Practice day was pretty much a waste with wiring harness and coil problems. Saturday qual race ended on the out lap. Battery shorted out :(

I moved forward as they were dropping like flies LOL.

I really enjoy hanging out with the Rossini's. Thank you so much for your help and hospitality!

Had a great time at the Partus party! Beautiful home with great people!!!!!

Thanks to Danny for helping me figure out the bus stop and Preston for help with turn 6. I love Daytona!

• Jim Drago, Danny Steyn and Danica Davison like this

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Coached by a guy Todd Lamb coaches

WWW.RandyFusi.XXX (under construction)

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Real star of the weekend was Selin Rollan - he had to work on Saturday, so showed up for Sunday's Race 2. Started last since he didnt have a qualifying time, and within 2 laps after the restart he was at the front of the field. 

As we all know, you don't want to be leading the last lap, so Selin chose to push me away from Charbs, who had been working with me the previous 2 laps, and unfortunately for Selin the FCY came out on the last lap with me ahead of him. Pretty impressive to come from last to first in less than 3 full laps of running. So in a bitter sweet way finally got my first win at Daytona, but not the way I wanted to get it, so I will consider it still on my to-do list. 

• Jim Drago, Michael Novak and MotoFusi like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Congratulations to all the winners especially Danny as it netted me $20.00 :) well $10.00 after I had to give Gibbons $10.00 for pushing Danny away from John in race one . But $10.00 is $10.00 :)  

Glad Johns car is not tore up worse and no one was hurt!  That track doesnt look like much, but it is a lot of fun to race there, I need to get back. 

I had more fun this weekend following the race than I had at most weekends I attend  :)

• Chris Fulton, Danica Davison, Preston Pardus and 1 other like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

Surprisingly it isn't totaled and I feel just fine!  But, it needs a new a whole new left side of the car, front bumper, radiator, shocks, some other suspension stuff and I/m sure some other things on the bottom of the car that we don't know is bent yet.  But, it appears the car is straight and it went back with Jeff Labounty and he will go through it and see what else is needed.  Still planning to get it fixed and ready for the runoffs!

I actually got somewhat lucky. I went into the Armco side by side with another car, who unfortunately for him, took most of the blow into the wall, and will need at least a new front clip or might retub.  He took his weight plus my weight into the Armco and I don't think I made thatttt much contact with the wall.  I think I somehow got ramped up over the wall and grinded it like a skateboard and when I came down, the left front dug into the ground and shot the rear up in the air and all I could see was grass. Thankfully when it came back down it landed on the tires and didn't continue to somersault.

Glad you are ok, let me know if you need anything to get the car ready. I want to see you race for the last 12 spot on Thursday night. I will be rooting for you...wait should this be in the smack thread?

:hugegrin:

• Danny Steyn, Danica Davison and Preston Pardus like this

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

FYI,

http://mazdaracers.c...-new-esr-build/

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Glad you are ok, let me know if you need anything to get the car ready. I want to see you race for the last 12 spot on Thursday night. I will be rooting for you...wait should this be in the smack thread?
:hugegrin:

Hey man, don't hate when I can say that I won a Runoffs race when I win that qualifier!!

• Richard Astacio likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

But let's be honest. I would still finish 2nd in that race :( haha

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

John may I put $20.00 down on Steyn to best the Danica car? You can square up at the Runoffs.  :scratchchin:

Dewey. I will PM you my address to where you can mail the check.

Danica, $20.00 or an equal amount of Miller Lite.  :toast: 

• Danica Davison likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Car Year:2001

Danica, I beat Jim Drago twice............... I still suck.

• Danica Davison and BNaumann like this

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Coached by a guy Todd Lamb coaches

WWW.RandyFusi.XXX (under construction)

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Preston Pardus

Preston Pardus

The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Car Number:42

Qualifying Race:

SARRC Sprint Race:

• Danica Davison and Jaysz28 like this
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Preston Pardus

Preston Pardus

The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Car Number:42

Our boy John Davison sends it!

• CruzanTom, Danica Davison, John Wilding and 1 other like this
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

powerss

powerss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Region:ARiZONA
  • Car Number:145
Man you really stacked shit up! 🙃
Steven Powers
Arizona Region
2009 SoPAC Division Champion
2013 SoPAC Division Champion
2019 Western Conference Champion

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

You were really lucky that the car did not dig in and start barrel rolling. Also, amazing to see how much that guard rail bent over when you guys hit it. It looked like your safety equipment did a real good job keeping you in place. Did you have bruises from belts?

Glad you are ok and still have a sense of humor. See you at Indy.

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Man you really stacked shit up!

Go big or go home!

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

You were really lucky that the car did not dig in and start barrel rolling. Also, amazing to see how much that guard rail bent over when you guys hit it. It looked like your safety equipment did a real good job keeping you in place. Did you have bruises from belts?

Glad you are ok and still have a sense of humor. See you at Indy.

Yeah, I honestly didn't hit the wall that hard. When billy hit just before me it kind of made it a ramp which made me climb up onto it and ride it like a skateboard before I kickflipped off that shit. Most of the damage came from when the car landed on the left side (which made it catch some air) . My right rear came down very hard on the landing which I actually felt more than anything else in the wreck. Broke the rim clean off.

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

John Wilding

John Wilding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Region:CFR / Southeast
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:126

Our boy John Davison sends it!

That montage is pure bad-assery! Nice job Preston! 

• Danica Davison, Preston Pardus and Jaysz28 like this

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
I think Kuch still wins on style points (and the fact he was driving someone else's car).

June 2010, Nelson Ledges
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=4wUpJfBG3bA
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=NFdHtozp_BE
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=AgeWdofC--g
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Yeah, I honestly didn't hit the wall that hard. When billy hit just before me it kind of made it a ramp which made me climb up onto it and ride it like a skateboard before I kickflipped off that shit. Most of the damage came from when the car landed on the left side (which made it catch some air) . My right rear came down very hard on the landing which I actually felt more than anything else in the wreck. Broke the rim clean off.

John I truly hope your car won't need much to get it back into racing shape but the video does beg a couple of questions from those of us that weren't there and don't know you that well. Pardon me if this comes across as insensitive but what were you doing that far back in the pack and what is with those car colors?  Are those Miami Dolphins colors?  Have you ordered your Jay Cutler jersey yet? Attached File  Jay.gif   38.76KB   1 downloads

• Bench Racer likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users