Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

Should the qual 71 and have a peoples vote for #72 ??

J~

This is a great idea actually! My vote is for Randy 46fu Fusi!

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Mazda's take on Runoffs Contenders: Spec Miata

Danny Bender, Jim Drago, Justin Hille, Tyler Kicera, Chris Haldeman and Alex Bolanos lead in the hunt for Spec Miata glory at the SCCA Runoffs

SMcontenders-400x244.jpg

Might we equally add in the drafting partners of those listed as potential win/podium people.

• Danica Davison likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

SMcontenders-400x244.jpg

Might we equally add in the drafting partners of those listed as potential win/podium people.

The draft is over stated in this article IMO.. The draft will be worth more than Mid Ohio, perhaps the same or less than the back straight at Road Atlanta. But I will work with that guy in the picture, we managed to gap three 50 plus car fields this year and finish 1-2, seems top work pretty well. ;)

• MPR22 and Danica Davison like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Did people want to move there MAZDA decal up ?

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

The draft is over stated in this article IMO.. The draft will be worth more than Mid Ohio, perhaps the same or less than the back straight at Road Atlanta. But I will work with that guy in the picture, we managed to gap three 50 plus car fields this year and finish 1-2, seems top work pretty well. ;)

That never happened when I was in the race! Just sayin ;) hehehe

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

My vote is for Randy 46fu Fusi!

Randy knows who the real 46 is.

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

That never happened when I was in the race! Just sayin ;) hehehe

Thats right , It was Alex and I that did it to you at Sebring and :)

• Danica Davison likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Well Alex and I will do that to all of you at the Ruboffs :)

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Well Alex and I will do that to all of you at the Ruboffs :)

I didn't see the peoples champion in any of those combos :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

This peoples champion deal, is this sort of like NASCAR's favorite driver of the year? Y'all know what Harvick has to say about that!!! :rotfl:

Seriously John, I look forward to meeting you at the Runoffs. 

• Jim Drago, DrDomm and Danica Davison like this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Uh, sir,  that's my guy, not yours!  If for some reason I am not up to the task feel free to let him push you for a majority of the race. 

• Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
When I go down the list of drivers, there are a lot of really talented people in the field,” Kicera says. “But honestly, I feel like all of the heavy hitters, a lot of the guys that are going to be contending for the win, with the exception of a couple of names, were at VIRginia. We had a 55-car field and I managed to come away with the win both days. That gives me a lot of confidence I can at least be in contention at Indy.”

Wow, this is some serious confidence.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

When I go down the list of drivers, there are a lot of really talented people in the field,” Kicera says. “But honestly, I feel like all of the heavy hitters, a lot of the guys that are going to be contending for the win, with the exception of a couple of names, were at VIRginia. We had a 55-car field and I managed to come away with the win both days. That gives me a lot of confidence I can at least be in contention at Indy.”

Wow, this is some serious confidence.

It will be a COMPLETELY different race than VIR. Below is a list of all of the people that were NOT at VIR, that are currently registered for the Runoffs.  I am seeing a lot more than just a few fast names that weren't there. :)

Chris Haldeman
Steven Powers
Max Nufer
Daniel Bender
Michael Ross
Voytek Burdzy
Matt Reynolds
Dean Busk
Erik Stearns
Lee Thomas
Toby Linder
Taylor Ferranti
Joseph Federl
Jennifer Isley
Michael Gagliardo
Richard Astacio
Joe Boyd
Chris Ciufo
John Davison
Charlie Campbell
Jason Kohler
Dave Tweedlie
Kyle M. Webb
William Keeling
Juan R Marchand
Jason Knuteson
John Harms
David Ciufo
Dave Hechler
Stephen Jeu
Kyle Greenhill
Justin Walker
Thomas Hart
Brian Cheaney
Jeff Van Bendegom
B Clark Cambern
Marc Cefalo
Brian Naumann
Marc Briley
Justin Elder
Julian Garfield
Brian Vondran
Dave Metz
Ricardo Juncos
Robert Macdonald
Andrew Devoto
Kristen Novak
Roger Pogorzelski
Jesse Singer
Dan Harding
Nicholas Soriano
Jerry Cabe
John Iwata
Jeff Luckritz
Matthew Van Vurst

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

steve

steve

CFO MEATHEAD Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Number:90

Okay people, its officially one month away and the smack talk is really struggling.  Time to spice it up some! There are just so many unanswered questions:

15.) Who will win the Spec Miata golf tournament that we should have?!.

Is there any interest in wasting some of our down time playing a round? And if so, what day is preferred?

And non golfers would be welcome, someone has to drive the drink cart and laugh at those playing.
STEVE

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Is there any interest in wasting some of our down time playing a round? And if so, what day is preferred?

And non golfers would be welcome, someone has to drive the drink cart and laugh at those playing.

I am probably the worst golfer in the world.  When I step up to the tee, it is actually a danger for other people within 100 yards of any direction. So it will probably be a good idea for me to not touch a golf club. However, I am so down to be a caddy/drink cart driver! 

• Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

I am probably the worst golfer in the world.  When I step up to the tee, it is actually a danger for other people within 100 yards of any direction. So it will probably be a good idea for me to not touch a golf club. However, I am so down to be a caddy/drink cart driver!

Will you be in Sebring drag and working for tips?

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
I may hit the 2000 post mark by the end of the week, what else can you do when hurricane is going to trap you at home for 5 days.
  • Jim Drago likes this

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Will you be in Sebring drag and working for tips?

That may have to come back out!  You gotta give the People what they want!!!

• Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

CarbonRacer

CarbonRacer

Autotechnik's Red Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:56

The "Peoples Champion" is lucky that I am not going to the Runoffs.  :banana:     :hugegrin:

Danica Davison is my BIOTCH...Just Sayin

2017 - 6 Podiums

2016 - Florida Cup Champion

- 9 Podiums

2015 - 2 Podiums

2014 - 1 Podiums

2013 - 4 Podiums

2012 - 8 Podiums

2011 - 2 Podiums

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

Danica, I'm a Scottish golfer. Once that ball goes in the woods and it usually does, I'm not leaving it behind. And I always hope the water has nothing in it that will eat me. I start by 8 AM so I can get finished before dark. And I rent my clubs, golf cart, run a tab for meals and refreshments because when I get finished, I have enough balls I found to barter all my fees!!  Heck, you should see my tool box of found sockets, wrenches and ratchets from walking race tracks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users