Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

:rotfl: my a$$ off, I'm thinking, who the hell is James?

New or fresh engine James? :bigsquaregrin:

After Indy.. I needed to change everything I could .. so I guess they signed me up as James :)

Today's race was not fun, well it was after, but not during. :)  Apparently none of us got the memo that this was a qualifying race and all we needed was a solid top five finish. It was on from turn 1 until T17 of the last lap. Multiple passes for the lead that weren't indicated at the line.  Lots and lots of side by side and at one point all four us went int to turn three as group, still not sure how we all came out and no one touched. A real credit to Todd, Selin and Danny. All those guys drove the wheels off and it really was the most intense races I have ever had at Sebring,  All racing was very hard and very clean and controlled, no contact.  Dannys car is on rails from the start and he looked like he was shot out of a cannon from the start, he had pace on us early and it all came back as it is all but impossible to get away IMO by yourself.  Todd really saved my ass at least twice by pushing me ahead of Danny at the entrance of three.  I really expected a relatively "easy" race that we all finished and finished with a top five. But the competition got the best of us and we all were on it. It really could have been any of the top four  for the win today. I expect tomorrow will be the same with maybe 1-2 more players in the mix. Should be another good one.. 

Tech has been pretty busy.. So far we did weight after practice.. After Qualifying we did air cleaner, snorkel tube and restrictor.  After the race, Todd, Selin and myself were taken to the dyno.  When we came back we pulled plates again and upper half of intake.  I believe the top 6-7 did this, but only three dynoed. I was then whistled. 

Jim 

• Bench Racer likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
Sat Race
http://timingscoring...nal Results.pdf

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Ok...what happened? 

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38
Much more stacking s#&@& up.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88
https://www.facebook...56444392671754/
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

lots of carnage today

Multiple cars totaled. Danny was one of them. He was taken to the hospital for some x rays, he was back at the track tonight in a sling and very sore, but all things considered, he was OK. 

Another trip to the dyno today and some more checks under the car.  Lots of fixing cars the last two nights :(

Many will disagree... But this crash happened because we are forced to start by the book. Hold pace car speed and go when the green flies. Every other race I have ever raced here we roll up the speed and never have an issue. None of us wanted a penalty for jumping the start, so we played by the rules. Two days on the pole, two very good starts, two days I entered turn one in third place. Being on the front row is a disadvantage. We held our speed and the field took off before we did ( we waited for green) 

Todd was hit in the rear, diff broke before we even went full throttle and from there it looked like a pinball game. Danny and the 133 car got the worst of it. But Brian Henderson, , the people Champion, Todd Buras and several others ended up with significant damage and at least three or four wont be starting. Two or more totaled. Today was not much fun :(

Congratulations to Selin Rollan on the win!

Jim

• lillyweld likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38
I have never been a fan of qualifying races. It just increases your chance of F...ing up you s..t.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

J. Pressman

J. Pressman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Just went through the FB thread.  Terrible to see that; rough way to end the season for some very good drivers/ cars.  Hope everybody is okay

2007 ARRC Champion - SSM

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Many will disagree... But this crash happened because we are forced to start by the book. Hold pace car speed and go when the green flies. Every other race I have ever raced here we roll up the speed and never have an issue. None of us wanted a penalty for jumping the start, so we played by the rules. Two days on the pole, two very good starts, two days I entered turn one in third place. Being on the front row is a disadvantage. We held our speed and the field took off before we did ( we waited for green) 

Jim

Jim Most others also start rolling on the gas and they are going to jump the pole sitter and front row every time. You might get a group together and go see the officials, to see if they will allow the safer rolling on the gas or get a commitment that they will strictly issue a penalty for any contact before the car passes the green flag stand. Give you one or the other but they cannot make a bad rule and then not enforce the problems resulting from a bad rule.

When I race NASA here we roll on it late before the flag however, but its not the championship race.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
The only safe prediction this weekend was that Danny would find a way to get on camera. (This is in reference to getting the most face time Friday despite finishing 4th, and then again this morning to talk about predictions for the race).
  • Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
James to the rear lap 1 and Preston out. :( And as usual the announcers are clueless.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Congratulations MPR!!! Great race by Selin but got edged at the flag after an exciting final lap. Lots of great efforts moving up from bad grid positions but nobody could close the early gap to Selin & Michael. A very hard fought 3rd for Trevor McCallion.
  • MPR22 likes this

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Michael, that was an exceptional pit interview. Selin too, you guys showed class on track and off.
  • MPR22 likes this

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44
Congrats to Michael Ross on his win and Selin Rollan on another second place finish. Sucks to see so much attrition this week - a lot of great drivers knocked out and behind the 8-ball. Hell of a drive by Buras, Haldeman, and Davison to come back from poor starting spots to solid finishes. I was hoping for a FCY to see you mix it up at the front!
  • MPR22, Danica Davison and lillyweld like this

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Nice drive Michael!! You and Selin were the only ones saying "no yellow, no yellow!" I think Selin will be affectionately called #2 for the remainder of the year  :duck:

Jim...you peaked to early? Of course with the coverage no idea why you dropped out. 

Sorry to hear about the carnage on Sat. and to not see the usual crowd starting at the front today :(

Chris H had an interesting interview...in which he made a reference to Toyo stepping up to pay the full contingencies?

28 cars started today...exact same car count as the Western Champs! If in fact the payouts will be as if 30 started(as required for the full contingencies)that will be very cool of Toyo!!

• MPR22 and Danica Davison like this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10
Great job Michael!! Beating Selin heads up at Sebring is a VERY difficuly thing to do. We are all proud of ya bud!
  • MPR22 likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
Congrats Micheal!!! Great Win! Selin is very tough
  • MPR22 likes this
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Congratulations to Michael Ross, a nicer guy in SM you will not find. Michael probably doesn’t get the driving credit he deserves. He is a very good driver. I watched the race today and he drove a very smart and calculated race! Beating Sellin anywhere has become a trophy if it’s own, but beating him heads up at Sebring is very impressive! Enjoy it Michael, it is very well deserved! Congrats to Selin as well, second in both championships is beyond solid! Than there is the Sleeper from Texas, Trevor! This guy is underated and seems to always deliver in the big races! This was his first trip to Sebring and he picked up the pace every session!
I want to thank NASA as well. I asked if they would allow me to start the race like we have for the last 10 years and not penalize us. They asked if all wanted this and all agreed. So we rolled the Start and it was smooth and no issue! Nice to have some input. I firmly believe had we started the practice races this way, we would not had the carnage in race two.

Glad to get myself and car sorted after Indy. I had lost one trans in 14 years of competition. I picked a terrible time to fail number two. Lap one, turn two to be exact. We had three fast cars under the tent this weekend with Todd Buras bringing home fourth. Preston and I were quietly confident and other than a quick toe check and nut and bolt we were ready to race last night.. sure wish we had something to test in the morning warm up as we would have found our problems quickly The balancer pulley bolts sheered on Prestons car.

The weekend was a lot of fun, all the camps were hanging together and there was no drama at all. All working together to fix damaged race cars. That seems to more than norm again which is a good thing. I’m done for the season, good luck to all those doing the ARRC and Turkey trot

Jim

• MPR22, FTodaro, Armando Ramirez and 3 others like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Congratulations Mr. Ross!  Any championship earned in this class is a big big prize.  I caught the last few laps online and you and Selin had a great battle and finish.  Bravo!

• MPR22 and Jim Drago like this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Preston Pardus

Preston Pardus

The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:42

Big congrats to Michael on the win!

• MPR22 and Jim Drago like this
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NASA, Sebring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users