22 replies to this topic

Gunpilot

Gunpilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:88
Holly cow, this car is fun! I kind of jumped head first into all this and am glad I did. After reading up on the Spec Miata circuit, I decided to attempt to build a car (with no driving or building experience). I have learned alot, and am starting a second (this time a 1996 1.8).

First track day went great. A little rain in the morning made the track wet, but after a few hours and different groups running, it dried up (not before my car found some grass). Grandsport Speedway in Hitchcock Texas is a nice little track that is very forgiving when you decide to do a little offroading. As the day progressed, and an instructor gave me some great pointers, the offroading stopped and I started to really feel the car and the track.

I did not have my dead pedal in, but will be installing it this week. I don't know if it will fit or not yet with the Miatacage, but I will let you know.

I was running RA1's full tread and they performed wonderfully. Time to start reading my first book WINNING - A RACE DRIVERS HANDBOOK. Hopefully I can get a better handle on the physics behind breaking, acceleration, and cornering.

I will be doing many more open days and HPDE events this year with the goal of having my license by next years season.

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Hopefully I can get a better handle on the physics behind breaking, acceleration, and cornering.

The physics of breaking is simple. The physics of braking is a little more complex. :blush:
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Gunpilot

Gunpilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:88
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good catch. I am in aviation and I get frustrated when people use Hangar and Hanger interchangably.

But I agree. Breaking is a little easier than braking! Heck, some people in the forum are good at breaking while braking. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users