Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:DC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:05

Got my first irace out of the way tonight! Perfect time to do it, had a blast. Looking forward to more of this. What an awesom track Spa is.

I must've done something wrong in qual, because none of my laps were scored. Any tips?

What does "inc" mean in the results table?

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Was alot of fun last night and what a great track! I was afraid it would take forever in a MX-5 but wasn't so bad!

Now "inc" stands for incident! Qualifing requires a clean lap with not even one incident. Incidents include - "Off Track" (just even touch a tire off course), "Contact" (with objects, walls & barriers), "Car Contact" (with any car regardless of fault)and "Loss of Control" (rotate the car more than 90 degrees to the direction of travel).
Each of them has a point value assigned to it and contact is based on the amount of contact.
This is used to calculate your safty rating, the number next to your license, max of 4.99.

Off Track = 1x always
Loss of Control = 2x always
Contact = 0x-2x based on intensity of hit
Car Contact = 0x-4x Based on intensity of hit (this can be a sore spot to some because you can have a flawless race and get hit by some dive bomber with no fault at all on your part and still get a 4x. But it is the same for everybody and I have found that most of the time you can mitigate contact with some creative planning!)

Now keep in mind that even if you get a 0x for the incident it won't affect your SR but it does kill that lap in qualifying. So while being fast is important being clean is required as well. Also take note that in our series we will deduct points for "incidents" in the race. I think we are considering something like a point deducted for every incident over 5. This will be a talent search, not just for the fast guys but ones who can keep the car on track and out of the shop!!

Well we hope to have you stick with the series and have fun! next week is Road America. So go get some practice and we will see you next week at the same time! Thanks!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Number:41
Mike-

Upcoming track = Road America....full course, or Bend?

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Mike-

Upcoming track = Road America....full course, or Bend?

Full! sorry :D
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Sorry I missed, Mike. I was planning on coming out, but Mother's day week and all....had to take care of some planning.

-tch

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Sorry I missed, Mike. I was planning on coming out, but Mother's day week and all....had to take care of some planning.

-tch

No Problem Tom! We had fun even if only a few showed up! This week is VIR Full course. Unfortunately I will not make it, as my mother board lost memory channel B and I have another on the way. Not sure it will make it time :-( . Fortunately iRacing has the new hosting featur that allowed me to schedule it already. So it will start automatically for you guys, so please enjoy and I wil see you next week. Thanks guys!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
It was fun. Thanks for the lead-follow, Joe. In the end I crashed out and destroyed the car. Tough track, with some very big risk, but high reward areas. I found myself on the wrong end of that equation too much last night.

-tch

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
  • Region:Mid-South
  • Car Year:1989
  • Car Number:Any
Guys, news soon, been a bit busy selling the sites and racing Mustangs.

BUT, my focus is on the iRace series and that is a separate deal to this site.

John Doonan with Mazda is writing a press release that will unleash our series.

Thanks all for understanding! The issues in Japan has had us all on hold in more ways that I could see. Very nasty situation and heartfelt.

We will be back on track, pun intended, very soon!

JD

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Auto Sports Consulting / Coaching

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Guys, news soon, been a bit busy selling the sites and racing Mustangs.

BUT, my focus is on the iRace series and that is a separate deal to this site.

John Doonan with Mazda is writing a press release that will unleash our series.

Thanks all for understanding! The issues in Japan has had us all on hold in more ways that I could see. Very nasty situation and heartfelt.

We will be back on track, pun intended, very soon!

JD

Thanks for checking in Jim! We will be looking forward to this. I have had some computer issues but seem to have it worked out now.
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
PRACTICE TONIGHT!

Sebring (International)

About 45 mins of practice left with 30 mins of qualifying then a 40 min race!

Come join us!
SESSION: MX5CUP.COM
PASSWORD: password
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Ok guys we have a go on this series! We will have 2 more practices and its GO time! So come on out, get the setup and practice with us tonight at Indianapolis (Road Course) @ 8PM est. YOU COULD WIN A FREE SKIP BARBER SCHOOL!

Session: MX5CUP.COM
Password: password
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

brianm3

brianm3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:2008
  • Car Number:42

Ok guys we have a go on this series! We will have 2 more practices and its GO time! So come on out, get the setup and practice with us tonight at Indianapolis (Road Course) @ 8PM est. YOU COULD WIN A FREE SKIP BARBER SCHOOL!

Great news!! Has this series officially started?

brianm3

brianm3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I finally had the chance to make another practice and there wasn't anyone there. Has the race series started or is practicing still going on? Thanks.

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

I finally had the chance to make another practice and there wasn't anyone there. Has the race series started or is practicing still going on? Thanks.

Sorry Brian couldnt stay long! Anyway thanks for showing up. The series is a go but we have decided to wait till the fall when everybody has a little more time on their hands. I will try to keep everyone updated and continue to host sessions for those want to meet and get some practice in till then. Thanks and keep watching for the start of sign up.
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

brianm3

brianm3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Sorry Brian couldnt stay long! Anyway thanks for showing up. The series is a go but we have decided to wait till the fall when everybody has a little more time on their hands. I will try to keep everyone updated and continue to host sessions for those want to meet and get some practice in till then. Thanks and keep watching for the start of sign up.

Thank you sir. I should be able to make practices from here on out and for sure the race series when it starts. Thanks again for hosting practices!!

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Thank you sir. I should be able to make practices from here on out and for sure the race series when it starts. Thanks again for hosting practices!!

My pleasure! I just wish guys would use it more. I think it's a good way to race in a relaxed way, no SR or IR to worry about. Any way I will try to continue with every tuesday till we start. Since we made it throught the schedule lets make it voter's choice for awhile. Anybody make a suggestion for next week and the most votes gets it! Pick any track, if you need help with a track not on the schedule lets run it! We will do driver coaching for ahwile. Hope to see some of you out there and let's have some fun!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:51
I vote for VIR, full course. If not that, Infineon Raceway, long course.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

brianm3

brianm3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I second VIR full course, or Barber full course. So many great tracks to choose from!

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Ok guys we got 2 votes for VIR! So I guess it will be our next choice. We will look at Infinion and Barber for later. Thanks for hanging in there guys! See you in Virginia! LOL

Track: VIR - Full course
Time: 8PM EST.
Date: Tue. 7/5/11
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Joey Jordan

Joey Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:SO CAL
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:47
My vote for next week is Mazda Raceway or Mosport.
Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner -

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Ok we got 3 tracks up front.

1. Infineon - 1 vote
2. Barber - 1 vote
3. Mazda/Laguna - 1 vote

so lets see which one gets a second vote! Any takers for joining us! Nice to have a half dozen or more! Come on out and play!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users