https://www.scca.com...prelim/download

J~

Yay!!

Spec Miata
1. #24414 (Sean Hedrick) Request Oil Filter Clarification
In Spec Miata, GCR section 9.1.7.C.1.m.2, add the wording as follows:
"Allow any OEM equivalent Mazda Miata oil filter."

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ChrisA

ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:58

Yay!!

Spec Miata
1. #24414 (Sean Hedrick) Request Oil Filter Clarification
In Spec Miata, GCR section 9.1.7.C.1.m.2, add the wording as follows:
"Allow any OEM equivalent Mazda Miata oil filter."

And this was needed because...? 

And impacts how?

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

There was a DQ at a Major for Non-OEM oil filter. And I believe the rule does not say equivalent. The oil filter in question(I did not personally see it)from my understanding was a 2 piece aluminum reusable/cleanable filter.

I'm not sure if the DQ was based on the word "OEM" or the old stand by "If it doesn't say you can you can't"

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Ron, at which Major and what date? I'd like to read further into this DQ subject.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

This one ?

https://www.scca.com...prov-2/download

Car #83 GCR 9.1.7.C.1.P.3 DQ

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Thanks Ron. 

What did Nick Sommers get DQ'ed for, presume his 1.6.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

this must be a seperate issue from the cylinder head that was found non compliant????

• Danica Davison likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

this must be a seperate issue from the cylinder head that was found non compliant????

Only one car DQ'ed.     Any clue about the illegal item with the head? 

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Different events...different drivers.

The link posted is for the most recent Super Tour event at Buttonwillow. Austin Newmark was moved to the back for non-compliant bumpstops. This was posted elsewhere but will be followed up on soon after the original fatcat kit receipt has been found...pretty sure a mistake was made.

Nicks head was non-compliant at the STR. There is still an effort to follow up on this as it would seem an OEM head with original plunge cut was DQ'd. No reason to go into details until this shakes out. But I personally was not convinced at all they came to the correct conclusion. "Lack of an edge or transition" kept being referred to...and for those who have looked at the difference between a 1.6 STR and a 99+ STR they are much different.

The DQ with regard to the oil filter was at the Thunderhill Major.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

https://www.scca.com...esults/download

Car 94: Non-compliant car per GCR 9.1.7.C., Section 9 (he won on Sat)

J~

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

The link posted is for the most recent Super Tour event at Buttonwillow. Austin Newmark was moved to the back for non-compliant bumpstops. This was posted elsewhere but will be followed up on soon after the original fatcat kit receipt has been found...pretty sure a mistake was made.

Nicks head was non-compliant at the STR. There is still an effort to follow up on this as it would seem an OEM head with original plunge cut was DQ'd. No reason to go into details until this shakes out. But I personally was not convinced at all they came to the correct conclusion. "Lack of an edge or transition" kept being referred to...and for those who have looked at the difference between a 1.6 STR and a 99+ STR they are much different.

The DQ with regard to the oil filter was at the Thunderhill Major.

not placing blame or throwing shade either way... im confused here the time sheet i read to be a penalty to a car that had been dq for a cylinder head, and another guy who had a fatcat issue... so I dont understand who had an issue with a non compliant oil filter???  so which Larry did what???

I am not going to go look up gcr codes I have better things to so after a 18 hour straight throught drive from cota.

please someone spell this out so it doesnt have everyone on here and elsewhere else  speculating who killed colonel mustered with the candle stick!  

I obviously wasnt there never seen any of the infractions just trying to figure out what is what and what oil filter is legal as I know some run a filter from another mazda car because the filter is slightly larger capacity... 

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

The DQ with regard to the oil filter was at the Thunderhill Major

I see what i did I opened the first link johnny posted that is from cal club then on down the thread he posted one from thunder hill... I saw the first one and didnt go to the thundr hill time sheet.

K. Webb