422 replies to this topic

EricJ

EricJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Year:1999

Honestly, what planet are you living on? One of the best sponsors your class has (which just put a really, really big prize) is somehow at fault because some individual competitors attempted to get creative with the rules? That doesn't make any sense to me. 

Sorry I wasn't clear, if you don't race NASA again, you don't need to buy Toyos again.

I agree Toyo is a great sponsor and spent a lot of money on this race. It's unfortunate that they may end up selling less tires because of nothing that they have done.

I've always been very happy with their product and contingencies.

• Justin Casey and Andy Mitchell like this

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
I want to update my estimate of the potential benefit from the CV joint mods. I understand that the performance advantage if any is generally not considered relevant in whether or not parts are compliant, but it is important here for two reasons:

A decision needs to be made about rules if any going forward, and there’s no point creating another meaningless tech item.

In the explanation of their findings NASA refers to the estimated performance advantage of these CVs. Although they then point out that it doesn’t bare on whether or not it is compliant, they felt obliged to bring it ip, which implies to me that it was a consideration in the penalty phase. I quote item 6 directly and fully from the findings document:

“An argument was made that these cages are not a performance items. I have conferred with an outside expert, who is retired from SM and has no part in it. One bearing / journal couldn’t have a measurable effect. He personally tested a known-OEM axle from Mazda against one that had oversized journals and OEM balls, and found over several tests a definitive gain of 1-2 HP. I am not considering whether it’s a performance advantage as that is irrelevant to the rules, but I deemed it a performance item. One that, if modified, could measurably affect performance.”

As I think I have already proved, this is complete rubbish. If true then yes, in a class like this that would be relevant and positions or DQ would seem justified. But it is unquestionably false. I don’t know what tests their expert claimed to have run (back when he sold these maybe?) but they are total rubbish and unjustifiably influenced the decision makers in this case.

Now back to the actual “gains” that are theoretically possible. The angle of articulation of the joint is critical in that calculation. To stay well on the safe (high) side I initially used an angle of 5 degrees. As a reminder, at typical SM ride height the axle runs uphill from diff to wheel. If that angle is 8 degrees but you are running 3 degrees negative camber then the angle at the joint is 5 degrees. Let’s call that “negative” to be consistent with camber terminology.

Today I measured the axle angles on a pair of NBs at different heights but both within typical range. The lowest of the two had an axle angle of 3.2 degrees. We run between 2.8 and 3.4 degrees of negative camber. So the effective joint angle at that height is between 0.6 and -0.4 degrees. The other car is higher with an axle angle of just 1.7-1.9 degrees. Let’s call them 1.8, so using the same camber numbers the actual joint angle is between -1.0 and -1.6 degrees. Keep in mind that when running straight a CV joint is nearly as efficient as a solid axle. At FWD steering angles the efficiency drops off rapidly, but we never see that.

My original “safe” estimate of 5 degree already proved that the potential benefits are minuscule. These new more accurate angles move the total power *dissipation* by both axles combined down to between 0.15 hp and 0.21 hp for a car with 130 at the rear wheels.

Suffice to say, a few minutes with a grinder on a cage isn’t going to make fools of the guys who design them for a living, and that SAE paper HOPED there might be a way to improve them 20%. Well, in the highly unlikely event that these axles achieve that goal they are worth maybe 0.04 hp total, but likely only a fraction of that if any at all.

If NASA took their expert’s opinion into account in any way, and their own findings quote that number, then at a minimum the penalty phase is questionable.

I’m not railing on NASA in general about tech. I didn’t before and I won’t now, I’ll leave that for others who were actually there. Much of what’s been claimed are cause for concern, but with one important exception the basic fact of in-house reman is not contested, so the rest may be embarrassing if true but not change the core facts. Again, I leave that to others, but I think this CV efficiency issue had to be challenged since it may also influence future rules and tech.
  • Jim Drago likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

I have conferred with an outside expert, who is retired from SM and has no part in it. One bearing / journal couldn’t have a measurable effect. He personally tested a known-OEM axle from Mazda against one that had oversized journals and OEM balls, and found over several tests a definitive gain of 1-2 HP.

Anyone who makes that claim is an absolute idiot, and clearly isn't an expert at anything related to physics. As is someone who would listen and the publish that sh*t in a formal position paper.

Seriously? 2 hp gain from decreased mechanical friction? That would imply 5-10 hp of total mechanical loss. That's absurd.

That's 3.5 to 7.5 kilowatts! Or more than a kilowatt in each joint. That's enough to make it glow. Pretty sure the temper would be lost.

The f*cking grease would liquify, the joint would run dry, and the rubber boots would melt on the dyno. Then it would seize.

Any idiot capable of believing that and publishing it should just be fired. Total incompetence.
  • Cnj likes this

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Just guessing, but the guy who wrote it is probably not expected to be technical, just asses based on the facts given to him with the assumption that they are reliable. But clearly there was a breakdown in the process.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

SCCA race memo posted, water meet fire:

https://www.scca.com...-08-sm/download

Wow......Nasa screwed this up royalty....My way to voice my disappointment and support our fellow racers that were DQ'd is not to participate in anymore Nasa races period...

• EricJ likes this

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Anyone who makes that claim is an absolute idiot, and clearly isn't an expert at anything related to physics. As is someone who would listen and the publish that sh*t in a formal position paper.

Seriously? 2 hp gain from decreased mechanical friction? That would imply 5-10 hp of total mechanical loss. That's absurd.

That's 3.5 to 7.5 kilowatts! Or more than a kilowatt in each joint. That's enough to make it glow. Pretty sure the temper would be lost.

The f*cking grease would liquify, the joint would run dry, and the rubber boots would melt on the dyno. Then it would seize.

Any idiot capable of believing that and publishing it should just be fired. Total incompetence.

Tom How do you really feel about this? Don't hold back. Lol

Glad to see SCCA get on this and publish a fix so that we don't have the same drama at the Runoffs.

• Mark likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Alleged facts.

Someone between this so called expert and the publishing of this finding should have the repsoibility to verify the technical claims.

As an engineer of 25 years... Ugh. That just pisses me off. I've designed more than a few thermal transfer systems...
  • tylerbrown likes this

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Tom, your a NASA race, correct.

RACING AND COMPETITION
23.0 Participant Conduct
23.1 Participant Conduct - Expectations
It is expected that every participant [Ref: (1.4.4)] and driver (entrant) at a NASA sanctioned event will conduct
themselves according to the highest standards of behavior and sportsmanship, particularly in their relationship
with other drivers and Officials, and in a manner that shall not be detrimental to the reputation of NASA, its
series, or other drivers. This rule also pertains to actions away from the track, such as posting comments on
social media or forums that are in violations of this rule

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Bench-

I mean this in the nicest possible way....

Thank you for your input.
  • steveracer, Cnj, Jim Drago and 2 others like this

-tch

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

RACING AND COMPETITION
23.0 Participant Conduct
It is expected that every participant [Ref: (1.4.4)] and driver (entrant) at a NASA sanctioned event will conduct
themselves according to the highest standards of behavior and sportsmanship, particularly in their relationship
with other drivers and Officials, and in a manner that shall not be detrimental to the reputation of NASA, its
series, or other drivers. This rule also pertains to actions away from the track, such as posting comments on
social media or forums that are in violations of this rule.

Bench is spot on. NASA has a solo judge, jury, executioner system, no trial no hearing just a verdict, and if you don’t like it race with some other organization. I suspect that is what is going to happen in Texas.

Safelite Team Driver
  • EricJ likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

powerss

powerss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Region:ARiZONA
  • Car Number:145
Just got my video edited together earlier this week but thought it was too late to post but since a new video was posted I might as well too.

Starting in the kill zone at 27th and moving up to 16th(umm 13th).

Some nice views at the beginning especially the 1st lap and a drag race with Dargo in the middle.

Sorry, the audio sucks.

Steven Powers
Arizona Region
2009 SoPAC Division Champion
2013 SoPAC Division Champion
2019 Western Conference Champion

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

RACING AND COMPETITION
23.0 Participant Conduct
social media or forums that are in violations of this rule

Jim has earned himself a lifetime ban? So he can be appealed like broken windows in 12 months no big deal then!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

I have no expertise to argue the physics with Steve. However, whether it is highly advantageous or not, the people that made the modification felt is WAS a performance advantage. This comment does not speak to whether it was legal or not. Just that it was thought to be an advantage and any argument of just servicing the joint is not being honest IMO. These mods were purposeful in their intent. The intent was to have an advantage over others that weren't as clever. I have no problem with cleverness. I do have a bit of a problem with trying to justify cleverness with misdirection or misinformation.

IMO Jim has been honorable in owning the intent. I disagree completely that NASA has an axe to grind with him though. I think Jim has had a target on his back for many years from competitors, not the organizations. But that target is a badge of honor. Wearing a badge of honor like that can be very fatiguing. Jims car has been stripped down and looked at more than most. As a multiple runoff Champion, that probably should be expected and I imagine (actually I know) Jim does expect it. I feel that that fatigue can cause one to think that an org has a vendetta against a person. Understandable position: but not true.

There was no malice on NASAs part in how they conducted tech and the decisions they made. Many of you have complained for years that NASA hadn't stepped up when it came to tech. Well they stepped up. Now you want to crucify them for trying hard? Thank you Xavier for stepping up and putting yourself out there when you knew in advance that you were going to have a target on your back to. Much respect. MAYBE, mistakes were made. But I have a hard time believing that chain of custody issues led to any unfairness to any competitor. That doesn't mean that unfairness didn't happen, just that chain of custody wasn't germane to any unfairness. So again I say, lets own this, move on, and not attempt to misdirect from potential legitimate concerns. I hope one day that I have the credentials that Jim, Chris, Todd and others have, and that I have a chance to test whether I have the character and conviction of what I am saying here. I pray to the gods for that strength.

As far as Toyo. I suggest everyone should be very cautious. Toyo did a wonderful thing. You might think that you will never run NASA again so running Toyos isn't an issue. But how we talk about a major sponsor may have visibility to other sponsors from the opposite organization and they may be able to see the connection to how they will be treated when the same thing happens over there. Its not like SCCA events have been squeaky clean (Laguna Seca). And even if we aren't directly attacking a sponsor, how we talk about the events that either org puts on might have a detrimental affect on decisions that sponsor make for associating its name with any large prestigious event. If you want large purses, lets not bad mouth the orgs that put them on. IMO it isn't good for any racing to be trashing events from a sponsor partnership perspective.

I challenge any of you to put on an event of this size and with this much prestige and pull it off for the first time without upsetting people over something. And let me raise my hand to own up to screwing up my responsibilities at this event. I learned something at COTA that I never want to learn again.

What I do appreciate is Steves efforts to prove out whether it was in fact a performance advantage with the intent of providing information for potential rule clarifications and/or changes. I really appreciate the time and effort he is putting in to look at this. Much respect.

NASA is my home and I am proud to be part of that family even if I don't agree with everything.

Then again, I am completely nuts. Just ask Johnny. :help:

• Ron Alan, Jim Drago, Sean - MiataCage and 2 others like this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I have no expertise to argue the physics with Steve. However, whether it is highly advantageous or not, the people that made the modification felt is WAS a performance advantage. This comment does not speak to whether it was legal or not. Just that it was thought to be an advantage and any argument of just servicing the joint is not being honest IMO. These mods were purposeful in their intent. The intent was to have an advantage over others that weren't as clever. I have no problem with cleverness. I do have a bit of a problem with trying to justify cleverness with misdirection or misinformation.

IMO Jim has been honorable in owning the intent. I disagree completely that NASA has an axe to grind with him though. I think Jim has had a target on his back for many years from competitors, not the organizations. But that target is a badge of honor. Wearing a badge of honor like that can be very fatiguing. Jims car has been stripped down and looked at more than most. As a multiple runoff Champion, that probably should be expected and I imagine (actually I know) Jim does expect it. I feel that that fatigue can cause one to think that an org has a vendetta against a person. Understandable position: but not true.

There was no malice on NASAs part in how they conducted tech and the decisions they made. Many of you have complained for years that NASA hadn't stepped up when it came to tech. Well they stepped up. Now you want to crucify them for trying hard? Thank you Xavier for stepping up and putting yourself out there when you knew in advance that you were going to have a target on your back to. Much respect. MAYBE, mistakes were made. But I have a hard time believing that chain of custody issues led to any unfairness to any competitor. That doesn't mean that unfairness didn't happen, just that chain of custody wasn't germane to any unfairness. So again I say, lets own this, move on, and not attempt to misdirect from potential legitimate concerns. I hope one day that I have the credentials that Jim, Chris, Todd and others have, and that I have a chance to test whether I have the character and conviction of what I am saying here. I pray to the gods for that strength.

As far as Toyo. I suggest everyone should be very cautious. Toyo did a wonderful thing. You might think that you will never run NASA again so running Toyos isn't an issue. But how we talk about a major sponsor may have visibility to other sponsors from the opposite organization and they may be able to see the connection to how they will be treated when the same thing happens over there. Its not like SCCA events have been squeaky clean (Laguna Seca). And even if we aren't directly attacking a sponsor, how we talk about the events that either org puts on might have a detrimental affect on decisions that sponsor make for associating its name with any large prestigious event. If you want large purses, lets not bad mouth the orgs that put them on. IMO it isn't good for any racing to be trashing events from a sponsor partnership perspective.

I challenge any of you to put on an event of this size and with this much prestige and pull it off for the first time without upsetting people over something. And let me raise my hand to own up to screwing up my responsibilities at this event. I learned something at COTA that I never want to learn again.

What I do appreciate is Steves efforts to prove out whether it was in fact a performance advantage with the intent of providing information for potential rule clarifications and/or changes. I really appreciate the time and effort he is putting in to look at this. Much respect.

NASA is my home and I am proud to be part of that family even if I don't agree with everything.

Then again, I am completely nuts. Just ask Johnny. :help:

James

Very good post. I agree with most in your post. 

Regarding me, I agree with what you said 99-100%. I expect and welcome additional looks and tech on my car based on the reasons you mention,  even more so when my car dynoed higher than the others two years in a row. No problems there, I get it. I agree with most right up until I caught tech INTENTIONALLY disqualifying my customer only until I caught what they were doing and called them out on it .  I will forever hold that against them because tech is supposed to be fair,impartial and non biased, it CLEARLY was not.  To make matters worse, my findings caused grief and Dq's for two other competitors who didn't deserve it. It is important to remember, those two competitors claim they did not touch their axles, so its not fair to them to assume they are not telling the truth. I admitted that "we do", I did not claim they did anything, I have no reason not to believe the others.  Xavier and Ron Gayman can comment as what I said was 100% truthful. If they don't want to post/cant post they can pm or email and explain where I am wrong or misleading and i will gladly pull it.   I am not crucifying tech.. just telling a first hand account of what I saw. Had tech followed their own rules and procedures, teched the same parts and added compression and fuel testing, added a little organization. I would have been pleased with it. While disappointed in the final ruling, that IS NOT what I am upset by. Just the apparent agendas, bias and targeting. 

Sadly, I enjoy/enjoyed all the NASA Championships I have attended, I like the event very much and like the shorter format and had no intentions of not coming in the future. It is generally run well and fun, way too many meetings, but that is fine.  I feel that I completely gave one away last year and missed a good opportunity and almost certain podium this year.  I have been thinking about this and events in the future, sadly I have come to the conclusion that it makes no sense for me personally to ever race the NASA Championships again. None of my top customers want to come back for fear they will be treated unfairly as well and saw much of it first hand. I have no desire to spend money getting qualified, then the time and money required to get ready and run the championships when I feel the deck is unfairly stacked against me. I have no issue with whatever tech they want to put on my car, but I feel regardless of what they tech, they will somehow find me non compliant as that seems to be the goal.  As long as I am of that opinion, I certainly can't consider racing in NASA champs again.  I'm hoping next years event is somewhere that I don't want to go( Mid Ohio hopefully)  as that will make the decision an easy one.  If it is somewhere I want to go, perhaps a long talk with Jerry,Ryan<jeremy and or Xavier is warranted.  While I didn't agree with decision of the executive appeal, it seemed he was very reasonable and fair. Unfortunately IMO, Jerry was intentionally misled by a biased jackass claiming to be an "SM expert" and that couldn't be further from the truth. :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
Why is everyone protecting the identity of the “SM Expert”.
  • William Keeling likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Why is everyone protecting the identity of the “SM Expert”.

Michael

I do not believe anyone is protecting the identity of the NASA man in tech - that was Xavier Calderon

Anyone that knows him knows that he truly cares about our class, and IMHO he is not a jackass, but hey that is just my $0.02

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Michael

I do not believe anyone is protecting the identity of the NASA man in tech - that was Xavier Calderon

Anyone that knows him knows that he truly cares about our class, and IMHO he is not a jackass, but hey that is just my $0.02

Wrong guy Danny :) We are not talking about Xavier. We are talking about John Mueller who we feel was referenced in our appeal as Jerry's "SM Expert"

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Michael

Jim answered my question below. I have nothing but excellent things to say about Xavier.

If it was Mueller that was giving technical advice to NASA, what are his creditials other than being a two faced former Spec Maiata National director?
  • Tom Hampton and Jim Drago like this

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32

If it was Mueller that was giving technical advice to NASA, what are his creditials other than being a two faced former Spec Maiata National director?

Gas.
Fire.
  • Tom Hampton likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dave D.

Dave D.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:NASA Northeast
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:14

Wrong guy Danny :) We are not talking about Xavier. We are talking about John Mueller who we feel was referenced in our appeal as Jerry's "SM Expert"

Isn't that the guy who. before he left NASA put the 15 extra pounds on the VVT to cover "future developments"?

• Jim Drago likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users