Bailey Sigler

Bailey Sigler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:SCCA-CCR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:95

Here is my video from the back of the field...

https://www.youtube....5qe0DrrWU&t=73s

https://www.youtube....qCdkHrN-E&t=39s

-P-

-P-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:31

He's got two tires on (mostly)!

dC52DLh.png

Shaffer

SM #31 - Texas

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Checkout for how many ways this could have gone south at approx. 20:19.     Everyone's a hero when the disrespected offtrack pass comes out successful, no one talk when a similar pass fails. A lapper being there is not an excuse to disrespect other racers. 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

He's got two tires on (mostly)!

dC52DLh.png

What if at the point where the barrier ends and merges to the left toward the track there hadn't been room for the car in the grass to move left back onto the track?  What if another car or few cars were nose to tail with no gap to get back in?  That would have come out very bad and caused a FCY for laps.  No way this driver when he moved right and off the track knew there would be room to move back left when the barrier forced that. 

No harm no foul, but we really should learn from this and make some rule changes. 

• mellen and -P- like this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Here is my video from the back of the field...

https://www.youtube....5qe0DrrWU&t=73s

Scary at :55

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

-P-

-P-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Checkout for how many ways this could have gone south at approx. 20:19.     Everyone's a hero when the disrespected offtrack pass comes out successful, no one talk when a similar pass fails. A lapper being there is not an excuse to disrespect other racers. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=A4ArVdui8tE

Shaffer

SM #31 - Texas

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

at :55.. He is out of track and there was no plan.. If the cars were stacked or no hole there or no room to give. It is a complete disaster. This didn't work out bc of a well thought out and executed pass attempt. It was pure luck that could have and should have turned out very badly!  When your strategy is I hope no one is there when I run out of track.. That's not really a strategy :) 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Michael, please quite whatever it is your doing with the joke video because WE all could dig and post videos that went south and were very costly. But we don't post those which go south because feelings would also go south and revenge may come into play. Within the VIR video I posted had the 4 on the grass hit the bridge abutment all would have been very serious. Do you remember when a Spec Miata drivers side hit the bridge abutment at Road Atlanta. As a recall he may have been helped to the bridge abutment. Check out one totally destroyed Spec Miata. 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Michael, please quite whatever it is your doing with the joke video because WE all could dig and post videos that went south and were very costly. But we don't post those which go south because feelings would also go south and revenge may come into play. Within the VIR video I posted had the 4 on the grass hit the bridge abutment all would have been very serious. Do you remember when a Spec Miata drivers side hit the bridge abutment at Road Atlanta. As a recall he may have been helped to the bridge abutment. Check out one totally destroyed Spec Miata. 

Bench

Once again I don't understand wth you are saying :)  I think you are saying is that we will not call out friends or front runners when we do something stupid?  That was Dan Tiley in your video. That was a dangerous move that I would not have made.  I don't think it was near as bad as the start video, but definitely not something I would have done and could have gone wrong easily. 

Better? 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Bench

Once again I don't understand wth you are saying :)  I think you are saying is that we will not call out friends or front runners when we do something stupid?  You'd be correct.  You remember the Farm Majors/Super tour green flag T1 crash, not a word about the 2 drivers track right in the grass? You remember the IIRC NOLA Motorsports where someone was pushed a bit left and continued about missing the turn, came uncontrolled back on track ensuing a crash which was costly to several?  You apparently don't remember when a front runner was helped drivers left into the bridge abutment at Road Atlanta. As I recall the driver who was helped into the bridge abutment was mentioned because other divers were in my words, pissed at said driver. 

That was Dan Tiley in your video. Pretty easy to name after posted, but at the time no one said a word. That was a dangerous move that I would not have made.  Agree   I don't think it was near as bad as the start video, but definitely not something I would have done and could have gone wrong easily. 

Better? It's all fun and dangerous games until someone gets seriously injured, crippled or winds up dead. Yup, we race because and we should know the issues, but that's not an excuse to force the issue with stupid driving.

mdavis

mdavis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

I think we were all a little baffled as well.  I fully expected to be running low to mid 15's .  It was not for lack of trying. :) Todd was a tick conservative the first few laps, but certainly not that conservative, maybe like .5.  All sub 15 laps I saw were were cars pushing and closing a gap with air from cars from the front.  perhaps some f it was racing and positioning, but not all. So the short answer.. I really don't know. 

My data showed that it was at least 6 degrees warmer than any qualifying day and the dewpoint 7 degrees higher than the previous day (Tuesday's dewpoint was high but the ambient temperature was low).

I was paddocked with Hunter Barron (FV silver medalist) and interestingly those guys run nearly the same times to SM at that track.  They had similar issues with lap times in their race (right before SM) but attributed it to one of the guys oiling up the track due to over-filling the crank case.  Maybe there was some left over when we raced.

Now.... back to video drama.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

-P-

-P-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

And at 1:40 for #18 as well trying to get around Haldeman.

Shaffer

SM #31 - Texas

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

... Not any more egregious than going two off going down to Canada 3 wide at 115...

Two off?? Bunch of sissies! This is how it’s done:

https://www.facebook...1162865?sfns=mo
  • Tom Sager likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Checkout for how many ways this could have gone south at approx. 20:19.     Everyone's a hero when the disrespected offtrack pass comes out successful, no one talk when a similar pass fails. A lapper being there is not an excuse to disrespect other racers. 

That was all sorts of F'd up.  There should have been a standing yellow with car off driver right, the car off pace should have had a waiving yellow, at a minimum there should have been some sort of blue passing flag being waived but as you notice the corner workers were just watching the show.   

The pass it self was ill advised and also could have ended in wad of cars. 

• Bench Racer likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

As I am the only Michael on this thread, was this meant for me? If so, please clarify. 

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

As I am the only Michael on this thread, was this meant for me? If so, please clarify. 

Michael Ross, how many people posted a joke video? Yes you would be the Michael. where's your dad been, he's pretty quite lately.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Michael Ross, how many people posted a joke video? Yes you would be the Michael. where's your dad been, he's pretty quite lately.

I don't post joke videos as a general rule and I haven't posted any videos on this thread.  That is my confusion. 

Dad's eaten up with volleyball.  I offered to fly him and the rest of my family out for the weekend, as I felt I was going to be in the mix for a win after the practice days.  No takers, my Podium Family had to celebrate with me.  Jim has the picture, one of my favorite moments in this business even if my family wasn't there. 

• Tom Hampton and Jim Drago like this

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

I don't post joke videos as a general rule and I haven't posted any videos on this thread.  That is my confusion.

Welcome to my world of Bench confusion :)
  • Steve Scheifler likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Bench

Once again I don't understand wth you are saying :)  I think you are saying is that we will not call out friends or front runners when we do something stupid?  You'd be correct.  You remember the Farm Majors/Super tour green flag T1 crash, not a word about the 2 drivers track right in the grass? You remember the IIRC NOLA Motorsports where someone was pushed a bit left and continued about missing the turn, came uncontrolled back on track ensuing a crash which was costly to several?  You apparently don't remember when a front runner was helped drivers left into the bridge abutment at Road Atlanta. As I recall the driver who was helped into the bridge abutment was mentioned because other divers were in my words, pissed at said driver. 

That was Dan Tiley in your video. Pretty easy to name after posted, but at the time no one said a word. That was a dangerous move that I would not have made.  Agree   I don't think it was near as bad as the start video, but definitely not something I would have done and could have gone wrong easily. 

Better? It's all fun and dangerous games until someone gets seriously injured, crippled or winds up dead. Yup, we race because and we should know the issues, but that's not an excuse to force the issue with stupid driving.

I'm old and don't race Black hawk. I remember it briefly, but don't recall who it was. No idea on Atlanta deal. 

Somewhere there is a video of a Pro driver taking to the grass in a passing attempt from last year at VIR and it ended in me destroying a brand new race car :(

take a look at 10:26 and look at rear camera to see how well passing in the grass works out :(

https://www.youtube....syokOw&index=19

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Great run at the NASA Champs my friend.  Us P3's need to stick together!

Not picking on you Kyle, just wanted to say congrats and chime in on the subject.  I really should have put this on Senters post.  

No worries Michael, thick skin here remember I have been known to hang out under the ESR tent where you don't last long if you don't have thick skin :)

Congrats to you also on your podium in the big one!  At one point while I was watching and you were p2 with a few to go I was sure you were winning it!

• MPR22 likes this

K. Webb