Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

best value we have found is the EVO4s with a G dash. 5 analog Chanels plus RPM. Can add more channels (4) with Chanel expansion. We generally log A/F, Fuel Pressure, Fuel Level, Oil P, water temp, Brake pressure, steering angle, TPS, RPM. Or for a bit more money we go with a MXLII adding the expansion cable. 

The solo is great for just starting out but will not expand to other sensors. it does work great for stealing other peoples data. 

The gain for a Smarty over a GoPro is it works. Turns itself on and off from data command. 

Yeah the Smartycam is expensive but worth it IMO.  It's essentially a data system itself.  At times I find reviewing Smartycam video with speed overlay to be more useful than graphically presented data.  With graphs you often wonder or have to look deeper as to why you might have been faster or slower on a particular lap or corner.  With video you can often see it very quickly.  Mine is more than 10 years old, has been repaired once but is one of my favorite purchases. 

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

TrailBrake

TrailBrake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Yeah the Smartycam is expensive but worth it IMO.  It's essentially a data system itself.  At times I find reviewing Smartycam video with speed overlay to be more useful than graphically presented data.  With graphs you often wonder or have to look deeper as to why you might have been faster or slower on a particular lap or corner.  With video you can often see it very quickly.  Mine is more than 10 years old, has been repaired once but is one of my favorite purchases. 

Using RS3 Analysis Beta available at https://aim-sportlin...ase-history.htm you can now do video and data in the same program. It's really very slick.

Matt Romanowski

www.TrailBrake.net

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Using RS3 Analysis Beta available at https://aim-sportlin...ase-history.htm you can now do video and data in the same program. It's really very slick.

And about 15 years late, but who’s counting. ;)
As I understand it, RS3 is a complete rewrite and still lacks much of the core functionality that made them a popular system. When they finally merge it all into one well integrated package they may finally have something worthy of their reputation and price.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

TrailBrake

TrailBrake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

And about 15 years late, but who’s counting. ;)
As I understand it, RS3 is a complete rewrite and still lacks much of the core functionality that made them a popular system. When they finally merge it all into one well integrated package they may finally have something worthy of their reputation and price.

Yes, RS3 Analysis is a complete rewrite and is a Beta version right now. RS2 Analysis is still what most people use for functionality that they want and use. The video portion of RS3 Analysis Beta is great. 

I think AiM through their hardware, software, and service provides a great product overall and a very high value. Luckily, for folks who don't agree, there are other systems.

• EricJ likes this

Matt Romanowski

www.TrailBrake.net

bmarshall1

bmarshall1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Region:SW Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:23

Matt, I'll be giving you a call when ready.  I do not see the MXM on your site, I assume you offer it?

TrailBrake

TrailBrake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Matt, I'll be giving you a call when ready.  I do not see the MXM on your site, I assume you offer it?

Call anytime with questions or anything else. I have it on the site here https://trailbrake.com/mxm/

Matt Romanowski

www.TrailBrake.net

bmarshall1

bmarshall1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Region:SW Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:23

Thanks Matt - not sure why I couldn't find it.  I'll let you know when ready.

tburas56

tburas56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:56

The Solo 2 DL is a great tool that gives you all the data you will need including a RPM signal with the provided AIM cable. The Solo 2 DL has GPS signal, Lat and Long axis, excellent track mapping ,WIFI data downloads and uploads of config files. The whole package is a micro unit that fits in the dash cluster of a Miata especially with a Drago holding unit. The unit holds all the tracks in the US, multiple cars can be uploaded to the unit so the configs can be changed on the fly. This unit can read multiple different cans and log all the selected channels.

Once you decide to get the HD smarty cam, the cable that is provided will overly the cars data with the video automatically. No after the fact manipulation needed for the data overlay. The HD camera unit will be charged automatically, will start and stop recording after it is setup. 

RaceStudio will import Traqmate data and review it better than the Traqmate analysis software. The upload is quick and simple. So all the Traqmate data collected over the years is still valid.

Donor - Made PayPal donation SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner - World Challenge Winner - World Challenge Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda - Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda MX5 Cup Winner - Has won a Race in the MX5Cup.com Series We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users