Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Can we at least rule out the figure 8 configuration?

I was looking hard at how we could do a NHRA, Backwards, figure 8, with sprinkles that come on all of a sudden at night but I concede, it doesn't look doable.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
Bring the jump from the indy 500 that tanner foust did. Last lap we have to jump from 9-11 over the tower. It will be like fast n the furious when Ludacris has the "surprise"
Posted Image

Back up back up I have a surprise everyone!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Nor/So Cal
  • Car Number:17
Ok, thats it, you NorCal guys are crazy!! Now I have to convince my dad to tow up there for this :D
"Punk Ass Kid" -Track HQ's top SM contributor.
Working to call myself a GT driver.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Can we at least rule out the figure 8 configuration?

How about this, assuming we can run on the drag strip.
Run normal up to the NASCAR chute, come down the drag strip, turn left at 10,
Go back up and come down the drag strip again and turn right.
Plenty of time to merge down the drag strip, maybe a chicane before the drag strip walls

Or the other way, up the drag strip.
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
Oh, I have an idea!! Do it like rallycross, you can take the NASCAR chute, but you have to take the long way at least one lap, strategy will then effect the race, I also like Charlies jump idea, he has to hit it 1st though ;)
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
ahh, post of the double

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Elliott,

That's sort of what Bernie had suggested to make F1 racing more exciting - limited use shortcuts on the track!

We won't be doing anything like that (this event) nor will be doing anything as stupid as a figure 8 or lap-by-lap configuration changes. But like I said, study the different configurations... :)

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
The way were talking, Ellliott is going to convince his Dad to come up.
If 5-10 of Elliott friends come out, because it's not just another race.
Is it still stupid or just worth ($$$) doing?
Remember the "Please Dad Please can I go" Factor. B)
J~

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
I don't want anyone to get too worked up over this... We're not going to be doing anything crazy. We're going to run different configurations over the course of the weekend, perhaps on short notice. It'll be fun! Worth a 10+ hour tow from San Diego? Well, that's really up to personal judgment. I'd tow 10 hours to drive Infineon under any circumstances, but that's just me.

Full disclosure - I live about 15 miles from Infineon, so the 10 hour tow thing is just speculation :)

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Okay, you keep pushing your adjustable seat slider in SCCA,
I'll keep pushing my figure 8 and see who gets one 1st. :D

If you need any help fabricating a custom seat bracket to fit you and Laura, let me know.
J~

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
If I'm being honest, I think I'd rather just continue to complain about the seat slider rule as opposed to actually solving the problem. ;-)

Former driver

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34
I drove the NASCAR configuration a few years ago. Lots of fun! We should try the short course at Thunderhill one of these days.

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:27
Ok well I only know the boring normal course. If they change the configuration will they please paint the nice blue line on the track like in the video games??? Please....
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
Sorry guys, dad just signed up for the SoCal scca race that weekend. Wish I could be at 2 places at one time.

BPigpen

BPigpen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:SFR/NorCal
  • Car Year:9599
  • Car Number:20
Travis and I will be there. I'm exited also. ;)
Bruce

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Sorry guys, dad just signed up for the SoCal scca race that weekend. Wish I could be at 2 places at one time.

Take out the option of running the figure 8 and there dropping like flys :D
J~

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34

Quantum mechanics says that is theoretically possible. But we would have to run a bazillion races to catch the one case when you are in that superimposed state.

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Maybe he can borrow my car to get up here, it's pretty fast. :D

http://www.mylaps.co....jsp?id=1882713

Best speed

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Maybe he can borrow my car to get up here, it's pretty fast. :D

http://www.mylaps.co....jsp?id=1882713

Best speed

Only if I can race that car :)

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:27
Dean

Whats the count? Is there an entry list posted anywhere?
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users