• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Can anyone post the top 5 or 10 from both days? It usually takes a while before MyLaps results are posted.

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Sat:

D Makishima, P Holifield, D Vodden, M Nieman, K Gayman!

Sun:

Makishima, Holifield, Gayman, D Cooper, Vodden!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Nick Buchanan

Nick Buchanan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990
Fun video from my ITE race on Sunday morning in the Trackspeed Engineering turbo miata. The passenger door latch had issues causing the door to not be completely latched when I went out for the pace car lap. I pulled into the hot pits as everyone was starting the race and ended up starting in the way back behind the v8 supercars (split start) and had to work my way through traffic.

http://www.vimeo.com/26857190

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
Had a great time, ups and downs all weekend.
Sat qual 12th my best :D , dead battery for the start :( and got a push start. Coolsuit hoses not hooked up yet flooded the floor, got stopped thinking I was overheating, got to grid as they started rolling off. Had to do a "Vodden" and start 42nd. Raced through the field and finished 21th. B)

Charged my battery overnight but no luck :( , had to do Walmart in the morning.

Running 5 and 7 on Sunday, Anybody got a problem with them being so F'n close together <_< ?

Put on new tires, (I know) needed to heat cycle them for my NASA Enduros in August.
Jumped the start in 5, couldn't see the flag stand but everyone was speeding up. By the time I could, well too late, lets go.
Nice view of Al and Barrett Tilley getting together in 8, Al checked out the farmers fence, Barretts rim is pretty beat up.

Got Barrett #00 Red 99, up to speed with his new car, took his upper front cross brace off :P and then he out qualled me by one. <_< He ran that dark purple M36 before, loves racing in SM now.
Look out guys, he was running 2496#'s and his cars not dialed in. :unsure:

All the guys I hung out with, great time, I told you like it is (IMO), I hope that helps for next time.

Does Matt Rose have a career in Radio Announcing?
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
Oh and I forgot to say congrats to the young ones (Phil, Kyle, and Dan) for holding it down. I wish I could have been up there also.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
Fun, HOT, weekend! Slow, greasy hot track was the norm as the heat robbed power and took its toll on tires.

Congrats to Doug on his pole and 2 wins!(I think he likes his new car!) Phillip was Mr. consistant as usual with his pole and 2 2nds!

The young guys stepped up for sure with Kyle breaking into the top 10 for the first time with a 3rd and 5th and Dan with a 4th. If not for overheat issues Dan may have had 2 top 5's. Charlie drove the tires off a car that did not like the heat at all...and even with miscues had 2 top 10's in our field of 42 I believe. With Phillip already mentioned I think more respect was gained this weekend for sure in the young men camp!

On a separate note I'd like to publicly thank MIKE HAAG (Haag Performance)for building a strong tech compliant head. We got the random drawing of having our car whistled for compression compliance. We were dead on the number B) I would have rather won the TH reward random drawing but got door number 2 instead...but all's good!

I do have a question if any of the SFR tech guys read this or a driver reads this and knows the answer...

4 cars were brought in to be whistled. All scurried off to get tools to help tech with this procedure. As 3 cars were being completed the driver of the fourth came back and left with his car(Dave Vodden). Just wondering why he was excused or maybe I was originally misinformed about who was getting tested? Maybe he had to go drive another class and brought the car back later?

Maybe someone can start a new thread with video?? Will have ours up soon

Ron

RAmotorsports

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Car Number:88
Ron, Great job having a legal engine.
Big Congrats to Kyle.

Anyone know the story on the fire at 9 ?
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
I just checked my car from the incident in my video.

Results = Bent front subframe, twizzled passenger upper control arm, passenger lower control arm doesn't look happy.

One wheel not happy either but holds air. Not sure how round it is anymore though...

I wonder if I can persuade the wife to get me some parts for my birthday next week...

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)
Hey guys, as Ron requested up there ^^^, i started a video thread for last weekend. I just put mine up, should be done converting very soon.

Juan played some video on the projector on Sat night but not very many joined the festivities so this is the place to look now...

http://mazdaracers.c...?showtopic=1144
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

DionJ

DionJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:68
Awesome ITE car Nick. I can't tell if your eyes are smiling or the g-force is pulling your cheeks back...I think I need one of those...

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the fun and challenging weekend! It's awesome to see all the new faces up front, especially the younger ones (and double especially Art of Road Racers.) Congrats to all that moved up the ranks!

As Dan mentioned, we set up the projector on Saturday night and showed videos at dusk. Philip's was the most boring. :) That's the way it is up front. We are going to make this a regular event on the eve after the first race, so plan on it for next time and bring your videos to share. Doesn't matter where you are in the field, it's all fun.

Thanks!
-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Phillip Holifield

Phillip Holifield

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Car Number:20
Big congrats to everyone, especially Doug for sweeping both races and Kyle on his first podium. I really enjoyed watching videos Saturday night because I didn't see all that much in my race. I hope some of those get posted up here soon. My Saturday race wasn't that exciting because Doug was just a little too fast for me and I watched his bumper all race. Sunday, I had a bit more for him and had some good looks when he got held up by lapped traffic on the last lap but couldn't seal the deal. I'll post that video in the other thread as soon as its done converting.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Car Number:51
You young up & comers are gonna have to learn, it's not cool to post video when you run up front.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Car Number:51
Way off topic, but here's the video of my last race:
http://www.vimeo.com/26626103
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
Darin,

You know I found your video the minute you uploaded it! Some crazy stuff B) ...post this in the video section also with some info on what this event was to inform those that don't know. Way to represent with the win :D Of course you'll have to post a disclaimer that it's not a Mazda! As soon as I get my act together I'll have Kyle's video up on the other thread.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Kyle Gayman

Kyle Gayman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Car Number:40
Great weekend, everyone! Let's do it again at Infineon.

Doug Makishima

Doug Makishima

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:52
Thanks Philip! The new car is working well. Although, it is still pushing through T2-T4... I can blame it on the new car, right? ;)

I've been trying to find to time to edit down a highlights reel... Will try this weekend.

Big congrats to everyone, especially Doug for sweeping both races and Kyle on his first podium. I really enjoyed watching videos Saturday night because I didn't see all that much in my race. I hope some of those get posted up here soon. My Saturday race wasn't that exciting because Doug was just a little too fast for me and I watched his bumper all race. Sunday, I had a bit more for him and had some good looks when he got held up by lapped traffic on the last lap but couldn't seal the deal. I'll post that video in the other thread as soon as its done converting.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sean Allen

Sean Allen

My title is unique

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
Excellent job Kyle!!

Man I miss being able to post in threads like these about race info. You don't realize how much it's part of your life until it's gone. Enjoy while you can guys.

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Car Number:12

4 cars were brought in to be whistled. All scurried off to get tools to help tech with this procedure. As 3 cars were being completed the driver of the fourth came back and left with his car(Dave Vodden). Just wondering why he was excused or maybe I was originally misinformed about who was getting tested? Maybe he had to go drive another class and brought the car back later?

Only three cars were brought in to be whistled. Vodden was brought in for insufficient class designations on his car.

Brian
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Car Number:12

Anyway, Enjoy the viewing. Feel free to critique. I can use all the help I can get. :)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Kv9Uk6YzMt4

Alberto, here's some suggestions to work up to:

#1 thing - you're letting off the gas early and it sounds like coasting or neutral throttle before you hit the brakes. It's full gas until it's full brake, and nothing in between. Look at your data (if you have it) and you'll see long G goes to just slightly negative I bet (which is slowing down due to wind/road resistance). Bad! Gas or brake! Good drivers complete the transition in (if I recall correctly) 1/3rd of a second.

#2 thing - work on braking harder, using more of the braking potential of the car, which will allow you to brake later. Some examples, going into T14, I stay flat on the gas until the 3 marker. I worked up to it by saying out loud (or in my helmet to myself) "flat, flat, flat...". Going into T5, you should be staying flat on the gas until you're well past the exit berm track right; the uphill allows you to get a monster amount of braking done in a very short space. Into T9, another uphill braking zone, lots of traction, brake late and hard.

#3 thing - your line looks pretty good and your hands are smooth. You need to just hold down the gas pedal longer and use less brakes. Easy, isn't it? Posted Image Good luck on getting the car fixed!
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users