Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

Your point 2. The adjuster has an o-ring which keeps from leaking out the e-brake shaft. E-brake shaft seals alone will not stop leaking because there is relatively high pressure generated during braking.

The adjuster that I was referring to does not have an o-ring...  Check the pic I posted.  I'm referring to the part with the allen head wrench to adjust how close the pads are to the rotor.

Was there a particular section of that video that you wanted to me to look at?  I watched it before I posted and my questions were not answered in there....  I also don't understand what exactly you propose I cut and why...

Thanks.

Your point 1. and 3. I (illegally per Saul) cut the adjusting screw off the adjuster, installed new o-ring in adjuster and reassembled.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Sorry Alberto, as the youngersteers say, me bad. With  the video stoppred at 15.00 the adjuster gear with hex and the adjuster screw with gear and o-ring are centered in the video. The o-ring belongs assembled to the adjusting screw, not the adjuster gear with hex. I cut the threads off the adjuster screw and threw the threads away, installed a new o-ring to the adjuster gear with hex and assembled with everything else. With no o-ring fluid will leak out through the e-brake shaft seals. I didn't care to f$@& around pulling the "grenade" from the bottom of the caliper piston, because it's easier to cut the threads off the adjusting screw.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR

ah, I see.  Thanks for clarifying.  Thought I had missed something. 

Removing the grenade was kinda fun once one figures out what people were talking about the hotdog aka rice thing :)  Sucker popped right out while I was screwing away.  ;)

32622615237_874587953d_z.jpg

Different strokes and all that  :bigsquaregrin:

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users