Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:94
I assume they won't let us in the gate if the drift/drags are still going on(?)

I've been in town a week RVing but trying to figure out what time to be there to save a spot for 6 cars without making a day of it.

Thanks,
Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
FYI,

At the Infineon Double Regional on Sept. 2-4, On Site Calibration Services, Inc. will be offering a calibration check for Torque Wrenches with all proceeds going to the Worker Appreciation Fund. The cost will be $5 per wrench.
The test checks a couple of torque values. The normal charge for this service is $25 per wrench. If a participant wants a certificate and a more detailed calibration, the cost will be $25. All money received will be given to the Worker Appreciation Fund (WAF).

If a wrench is out of specification, they can repair it (i.e., if they have the parts on hand for the particular model) for a fee of $15. Repair fees will also be given to the WAF. This offer is open to all participants of the weekend and to businesses located at Infineon. On Site Calibration will be located next to the Grid area.

On Site Calibration Services, Inc. is Roger Lee, a former SCCA competitor in Solo I, Solo II, Club Racing, and NASPORT, and Barry Kashar a former driver in Solo 1 and Club Racing, and a race worker for 30+ years. The company specializes in the calibration, servicing and repair of precision mechanical measuring devices. These devices include (but are not limited to) torque wrenches, calipers, micrometers, pressure/vacuum gauges, surface plates, thread plug gages, multimeters, etc. On Site Calibration Services has the capability to calibrate pressure gauges up to 14,000 psi, torque up to 1000 ft-lbs and physical measurements to one ten-millionth of an inch.

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

I assume they won't let us in the gate if the drift/drags are still going on(?)

I've been in town a week RVing but trying to figure out what time to be there to save a spot for 6 cars without making a day of it.

Thanks,

As Charlie said, you'll be able to go in anytime, the gates are never closed. Just a matter of how much of the main paddock the Wed night events will be taking up. You wont have any problem finding and coning off a spot for your group Wed late or early Thurs.

Should be a great weekend with a lot of the best west coast drivers attending! Kind of our own little version of the June sprints...in Sept!(Calling Brian G.???)

Sounds like you guys(Oregon, Wash.)are leaning toward going with the Hoosier next year and allowing the RA1 still in some form or another. I hope this is where SFR ends up also!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Car Number:12
My car left on a transporter for Atlanta a couple of weeks ago - Darin will have to carry the (heavy) 99 torch this weekend!
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Car Number:12
UPDATE from the office: "Due to Drifting/Drag Race events in the Infineon Paddock on Wednesday night, entrance for the weekend will not open until at least 10 PM - perhaps later depending on clean up time."

UPDATE #2 - looks like cars/people will be staged in lot 2 and access to the paddock will be early Thursday AM. They need to remove k-wall from the drifting event after it ends at 10pm so although it COULD happen, it is looking like access to the paddock wednesday night will NOT happen. This will basically be like Laguna where you'll be pre-staged and then released.

Edited by Brian Ghidinelli, 08-29-2011 03:02 PM.

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

NV Racer

NV Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:70
Is anyone running this weekend use a Sparco Pro ADV seat? I need to to try one out for fit before I buy one. With the HANS requirement in 2012 my existing seat must go. I need to test head clearance. If anyone is running one and will let me sit in theirs let me know. I will be stopping by Saturday while in the bay area.

Dennis

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Is anyone running this weekend use a Sparco Pro ADV seat? I need to to try one out for fit before I buy one. With the HANS requirement in 2012 my existing seat must go. I need to test head clearance. If anyone is running one and will let me sit in theirs let me know. I will be stopping by Saturday while in the bay area.

Dennis

If you can't find anybody that has one, you may want to call Wine Country Motorsports at the track.
They may have one on the floor for you to try.
http://winecountrymotorsports.com/
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Sean Allen

Sean Allen

My title is unique

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Region:SFR
Dennis, I've got one back at home in Walnut Creek if you can't find one to sit in this weekend. Shoot me a PM and I can get you in contact with my dad if you wanted to swing by.

NV Racer

NV Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Car Number:70
Thanks, for the replys I have already sat in one and fit fine. I need to find one in a SM so I can determine if I have enough Helmet clearance.

Dennis

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Dennis

I am. I'm only running Sat and Sun. Look for me. White #05. I'll probably be hanging with Sharpie and the rest of the 2011 class of rookies. Johnny D might grace us with his presence as well. :)
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I am. I'm only running Sat and Sun. Look for me. White #05. I'll probably be hanging with Sharpie and the rest of the 2011 class of rookies. Johnny D might grace us with his presence as well. :)

If the seat fits it's only a matter of mounting it low enough.

I will grace your presents, Cliff is saving spots for us.
J~

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

If the seat fits it's only a matter of mounting it low enough.

I will grace your presents, Cliff is saving spots for us.
J~

Presents?? I want presents :) Who knew JD was a part time Priest :D

Ron

RAmotorsports

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch my child.
(up, down, right, left hand motion)
J~

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)

specticals, testicals, wallet and watch my child.
(up, down, right, left hand motion)
J~

spelling isn't your game is it, J?

:P
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Tuff crowd, I'll be here all week. tip your waitress.
Need a spell checker I guess.
J~

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Lol. Well done.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)
There are a few garages available if anyone is interested. The price is right and you can split it with someone.

If interested PM me or email me at dcooper07@mac.com
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Tuff crowd, I'll be here all week. tip your waitress.
Need a spell checker I guess.
J~

Love Google Chrome browser because anything you type is checked...of course it only corrects misspelled words not usage! It's ok JD, anyone who drives his car off track while it's on fire and full off smoke gets a pass :D

Ron

RAmotorsports

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Love Google Chrome browser because anything you type is checked...of course it only corrects misspelled words not usage! It's ok JD, anyone who drives his car off track while it's on fire and full off smoke gets a pass :D

Since were going to Infineon and some haven't seen it.
J~

CARacer

CARacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Car Year:1991

Since were going to Infineon and some haven't seen it.
J~

Tell us how you did that so we can avoid it.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users