• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:6

I guess I called it!!! - Congrats to Nate - he's great clean driver and an OUTSTANDING representative for our Spec Miata class! A shout out to Eric Foss who has been a strong influence on Nate!

He drove a great race. Congrats Nate!

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
Great race by all. Watching from the Tower was a blast, Nate SPUN hit the wall and still finished P-1.

I want to thank NASA for allowing me the chance to Tech the cars, CONGRATS to all of you that showed up with LEGAL cars. Great program guys (NASA), why cant "the other car club" follow this example?

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

why cant "the other car club" follow this example?

+ 1
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Congratulations Nate, I didn't watch the race yet, but I'm sure it was a good one.
Good luck at the shoot out!
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
There is good video of the entire event on Speedcast TV at

http://www.speedcast...asa/#/races/240

For Spec Miata, drag cursor and start watching at 151mins

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
I just watched the entire race, it was very good. Sincere congratulations to Nate,Sammy and Greg, finishing at the front in those conditions is an accomplishment. You guys should all be proud
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
It was fun while it lasted for me. I will just have to come out a little harder next year.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34
Great racing everyone! I loved watching it on SpeedCastTV. Post the in-car, please! -Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Of the cars that finished the 16 laps there were 9 1.6's, 1 94, 2 95, 1 97 & 2 99's.

Of the cars that finished with fewer than 16 laps there were 8 1.6's, 1 94, 1 95, 1 97 & 8 99's.

I know nothing of the track conditions/tires & I don't know enough about many of the drivers to quantify the car/driver results.

To those that know, did the 2011 nasa changes impact the championship race?

After watching the entire race IMHJ car year had nothing to do with the pointy end of the field. GREAT WET RACE. :o Dry tires + wet track + great drivers = finishes at the pointy end.

Nate, your king of the race comming back after your off track. We need a nose down Emoticon. Gleason gets my second nod. Sammy is Mr. steady.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Lliteras

Mike Lliteras

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Great race by all. Watching from the Tower was a blast, Nate SPUN hit the wall and still finished P-1.

I want to thank NASA for allowing me the chance to Tech the cars, CONGRATS to all of you that showed up with LEGAL cars. Great program guys (NASA), why cant "the other car club" follow this example?

What did they tech, did you pull any heads?

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

What did they tech, did you pull any heads?

All of the top cars made trips to the dyno. During the week all the cars had numerous inspections of multiple parts. The podium finishers did dismantle there cars but cylinder heads did not get removed, just about everything else did. These cars showed up for a championship event. There were very few if any games going on. The few infractions that were found throughout the week were minor, dealt with, and the competitors fixed the error.

We would love to hear from the competitors if they felt tech was appropriate. This is the second year MEATHEAD Racing was asked to join the NASA team and assist with compliance. Last year I went solo. This year Glenn Murphey came with us and took over the lead when I had to leave to fix some water damage at my home.

all the feedback we received was great, but would certainly like more.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Number:11
Great event put on by NASA this year. IMHO the tech team did a fantastic job for the weekend. My car was one that was dynoed at it showed 113 HP and 96 TQ so we did not have one of the strong 1.6's but still managed a good showing with qualifying in P8 for the big race but could not hold the car on the track with the bald tires in the rain. Hats off to the all the guys that managed to stay on the track and finish the race, Nate is a class act and deserved the win.

Thanks to Mr. Ed for the set up help and track support, he had the car really dialed in and by the 2nd qualifying race the car was awesome to drive. And special thanks to Taylor Ferranti for the help in qualifying :)
I will be back to try it again next year!
G. Corley
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
Mike, do you feel like the Dyno is a worthwhile tool, or is it just for show?

Pat

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Go Time Racing

Go Time Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts
A certain drivers Mom just sent me this picture of him when he was growing up... now it all makes sense !! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Attached Files

"Common sense... It's not rocket science."

Mike Tesch

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

Mike, do you feel like the Dyno is a worthwhile tool, or is it just for show?

Pat

A little of both. It's a good tool if you are like me and have a bunch of experience with all the cars ON THE DYNO and know what to look for. I probably spend 4 to 6 hours each week Dyno'ing customer cars. It's a great Go, NO Go, tool and it can tell you what to look for.

I did not see any surprises. All of the cars were not equal. Some had better prep (better $$$) than others. Some were there for the fun of it.

Multiple engine builders were represented. Most of the TOP PREP cars were within 1 and 1 of like cars.

What NASA is doing is working for NASA, what SCCA is doing is working for SCCA. Neither has it perfect in my opinion. NASA's power rank calculations that I did put them no closer than the SCCA power rank numbers I have done.

The race was won on the track and not in the tech shed and that is a good thing! I think that several drivers had a shot in different makes of SM. I think the results show how the cars match up. The best drivers all seemed to make it work for them regardless of car.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
02 car sent to back for passing under yellow.
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48
" I WAS SEVENTH!!!!"

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

" I WAS SEVENTH!!!!"

GREAT Race Justin! Way to overcome the circumstances.

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Number:11

" I WAS SEVENTH!!!!"

Nice :)
G. Corley
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
I was impressed with the clean start, for a champ race in the wet with everyone on drys. Pretty fun to watch. I was sitting in madness to watch the race and watched Nate hit the wall going into 8. He hit it just right total broadside into the tires and used the rebound to rotate the the car and getter going again, I really do not remember seeing the car come to a complete stop. Just good wheeling, good job dude.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users