pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
Tracy, we didn't have any special Mojo, our car was still not up to the standards that Drago claims that top 1.6 cars can accomplish. We were still several HP, down. but my kid can get the most out of what he has.

The biggest downfall we have had at RA in the race is restarts and starts, we got our best start ever, I believe we held our own or gained one position, but on the single file restart, we lost 10 positions getting freight trained by a bunch of 99 going up the hill. :(

We didn't get the camera working, I wish if someone had the video of that I would love to see it.

That incident with 2/44 didn't only mess up Jims race, although he paid the ultimate by falling out of contention, we and several other lost some positions on that also.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

I'm cool with that if you send Mueller out in a 99! and then send him out in an equal 1.6!

You can send me out in an Enzo & I'd still be mid-pack.

No doubt that talent in these little chick cars overrule most car-to-car differences.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:32

131 - 133 is the HP number for some top 99's now. :blink:

Pat, where do you get these numbers from?

Cnj
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

You can send me out in an Enzo & I'd still be mid-pack.

No doubt that talent in these little chick cars overrule most car-to-car differences.

So... are you saying that its possible even plausable that there just may be a dis proportionate number of very talented drivers running the 99 car over the other models?

And no for you 1.6 drivers I am not saying nobody with talent chooses the 1.6! LOL

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

So... are you saying that its possible even plausable that there just may be a dis proportionate number of very talented drivers running the 99 car over the other models?

And no for you 1.6 drivers I am not saying nobody with talent chooses the 1.6! LOL

Yes, plausible :duck:
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
I think what we need now is more rule changes to really stir the debate back up and keep the parity arguing going all winter. A really heavy flywheel spec'd for the '99 might be a good place to start. :scratchchin:
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
Since most of the pro built cars in the past years have been 99, I think it is safe to say that most of the R & D has been concentrated to that car also. Not much left for the 1.6 to gain, unless a rule change. Don't believe the computers have any potential gains on a 1.6 unlike the 99 cars have also. Correct me if I am wrong

Pat

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Tyler Dahl

Tyler Dahl

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:70
My 1.6 dyno'd 116/103 at the track dyno. I know that was down a little to a another 1.6 not sure what the others were at. I can't say anything about parity since I was so far back all week and the walls scared me. Maybe next year i'll do a test day or two and put a proper setup on the car.

Tyler Dahl

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Number:68

My 1.6 dyno'd 116/103 at the track dyno.

Ouch Tyler, That there's a knife -- you need to take a gun next time.

Pat, How much development have you guys done on your 1.6(s)?

Starts and restarts sound brutal.

-bw

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
I have done, as much as I can afford Bruce, and probably more. I get some help from Race Engineering, and try to get different intakes, keep the Tranny and Rear end fresh, Dyno tune, on board AFM, etc. I am not capable of multiple engines, multiple cars, but I do put the time in it. If I had the resources, I would have a 99 car, I would like my son to drive a top 99 and see what he can do with it at the runoffs.

The rumor is that the 99's are still able to cheat the ECU for more power. Don't know if it is true, but they certainly haven't slowed down any. I would like to hear more info about the ECU's from someone in the know if this is true or false

Pat

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Number:88

If I had Jim's car

Jeez, Kyle, who built that French's mustard-mobile you race? Are you insinuating that JPD saves the best for himself? B)
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Jeez, Kyle, who built that French's mustard-mobile you race? Are you insinuating that JPD saves the best for himself? B)

No Denny but since you ask I think Mr. Drago shold be INSULTED that you think I can drive as good as he does! I am nowhere near the racer/driver that any of the top SCCA drivers are, but I can hold my own ok at Mid Ohio (when it's not raining)

My car is within .5hp of his car and so that you can read right that was POINT(5)! In scca trim that is!

My reply to Mueller was a bit of an embellishment to make a point, although my cart is very close to Drago's flame throwing machine, I do not beleive that many 99 owners at the Regional level have the car I do.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
but then I also know Denny you just love to stirr up a good pot of Man Drama LOL

K. Webb