Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Jim if that was the case, could officials make eveyone flip the kill switch on grid? The real kill switch.

Lot of what ifs and buts... first if what I said is even true, second we probably could...

If I was using that computer and this was true, my kill switch would not cut power to the ECU. But I bet I would have another way to cut the power just after the race.

I am ordering one of these for one of my favorite posters :)
http://bazinga-t-shi...-shirt-A6678269

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88

Yes, and all of the Miata computers can be reprogrammed. The statement made was that the 99s gain more benefit, which is what I'm challenging.

The 99 has the lowest stock rev limiter. One earlier this year reportedly reved up to about 7400. It was a MONSTER. After crushing some of the fastest drivers/cars on the left coast in a nationals race, there was much discussion in impound. The next day the car was much slower...and up for sale.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:57

The 99 has the lowest stock rev limiter. One earlier this year reportedly reved up to about 7400. It was a MONSTER. After crushing some of the fastest drivers/cars on the left coast in a nationals race, there was much discussion in impound. The next day the car was much slower...and up for sale.

Ok, and the 1.6L computer can't be flashed to rev to 8000rpm? Would it not breathe better than the 99 up there because there is no restrictor plate? :)

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco

Lot of what ifs and buts... first if what I said is even true, second we probably could...

If I was using that computer and this was true, my kill switch would not cut power to the ECU. But I bet I would have another way to cut the power just after the race.

I am ordering one of these for one of my favorite posters :)
http://bazinga-t-shi...-shirt-A6678269

How about disconnect the battery on pre grid.

I like "If ifs and but were candy and nuts oh what a party we have" but I'm not sure I'd wear the shirt.
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
The 94/97 revs the lowest at 6900 BTW.. Before someone crucifies us :) It too can rev to 8000 with a flashed ECU

Johnny, how about a battery backup?

You can't stop someone from cheating... If they want to badly enough, they can do it. :hatchet:

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Maybe a "instigator" shirt with the little devil kid and Mazdaracers.com on it.
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Maybe a "instigator" shirt with the little devil kid and Mazdaracers.com on it.
J~

Crap, copywrite infringment?
http://www.zazzle.co...tigator tshirts
J~

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

See why my job and SMAC's is so hard... Anyone want a job?

The work is hard but the pay is low so it makes up for it... :bash: :spin:

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995

The 94/97 revs the lowest at 6900 BTW.. Before someone crucifies us :) It too can rev to 8000 with a flashed ECU

You can tell how much us NA owners know about '99s. One thing everyone knew for sure was that car wasn't right. :shame:
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Blake Thompson

Blake Thompson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:137

there will ALWAYS be someone faster, with more $ or a hotter wife.
THE END

my fiance is hotter and faster than most and makes more money than me :P

don't tell her though, she might wake up.

BTDTRacing, LLC - ISellMiataParts.com

"I'm not making any money doing this, I'm purely doing it out of ego." - Paul Tracy

2011 Midwestern Council Spec Miata series champion

2015 Winner, SM - Midwestern Council: A Legen-Dairy Enduro, Co-Driver Stephanie Andersen

2015 Winner, ITA - Midwestern Council, Blackhawk Formula Festival

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

my fiance is hotter and faster than most and makes more money than me :P

don't tell her though, she might wake up.

I was thinking just getting 2 out of the 3 would sweet. You must have got the bonus pack.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Ecu's, have to be eliminated from the equation, how to do that is another matter. I have asked around, and over and over have been told that there is nothing that can be done to the 1.6, except to swap around a few and find the best.

Wouldn't that be the same answer a 99 owner would get if asking about what can be done legally? Or you were asking for a cheater ecu and nobody could help you?

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA