Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Jim you only know half the story. Yes my car wound up like you said but it was setup properly when we left for the runoffs. We had a caliper retaining bolt back out, which in turn broke the rear knuckle. I had to replace with a used one which turned out to be slightly bent. Ademir, did help us get the car back to a good setup. We have our way to get our car setup, you have yours.

Ademir is a great guy, and he saw that we could use a little help, first time we ever met, and he pitched in and offered some great help. Unlike some I have known for years, and have offered nothing but criticism about our car.

Pat
I am not criticizing you or your car. I am pointing out facts. ( most you dismiss or fail to consider when talking about rules) It is clear you had issues with the car, but you ALWAYS go back to the rules and the 1.6 being at a disadvantage etc. I have to raise the BS flag, I don't raise it often enough IMO. You are ALWAYS vocal to point out the shortcomings, possible under handed motivations of the volunteers making the rules etc. So I will say it again.. If I have the same issues as you, I don't expect to compete for a podium or even a top 10 at a National Championship event. For some reason you feel under these conditions you should? I don't understand it. So if you insist on disparaging the competition adjustments made, the character of those making the adjustments, I think it is only fair to point out the short comings ( all of which you agree to btw, I'm not making this stuff up) of your program so people can consider the source of those making the allegations and make their mind up with the benefit of all the facts.
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94
Pat, I think we all need to give these new rules a shot. They're darned close to the NASA ruleset from of 2011 and had you run any of those events last year I think you would have been happy with what you saw.
  • john mueller likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
Drago and Mueller need to take this a lot less personally. The both of you are posting in this thread in a manner that reflects poorly on the professionalism and integrity of your respective organizations. I don't think it constructive for a a person in that position to tell someone to "shut their pie hole" or to denigrate another by casting aspersions by assuming something of which they do not fully possess the facts, For example stating or implying they one set up their car only once a year or stating or stating or implying they don't know how to set up their car. As a member of both organizations I find your collective responses petty and unprofessional. I come from now going into four decades that is much saltier and much more rough and tumble than what happens on this forum. However, both of you should hold yourselves to a higher standard and while you may not be speaking on behalf of said organizations, I think it reflects poorly on your responsibility to represent the membership or in the other case, serve your customers.

With that, I'll be gone for at least a few days so if you reply don't think I'm dodging you. I've got some health challenges at the moment and with any luck my fantastic team of cardiac and internal medicine pros will get everything back tip top. When one stares down their mortality they may find there are more important things than aging men with more money than sense racing chick cars for pieces of plastic and bragging rights.

I just hope Conrad Murray isn't the anesthesiologist.... :bash: I'm sorry, too soon? :king:

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
I think you're being overly harsh on Jim and John, but in any case I wish you the best on your medical issues. We all look forward to your return.

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
I am willing to give it a wait and see, but, this is a 3 year wait and see. My issue is, if I didn't like what SCCA has done, I could always race NASA. Now there is not that option.

Pat

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:26

Drago and Mueller need to take this a lot less personally.

Pat has won the race to get under the skin of the those that worked so hard to make the racing better for him.

Good luck with your health issues. :thumbsup:
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:32

I think you're being overly harsh on Jim and John, but in any case I wish you the best on your medical issues. We all look forward to your return.

I agree with Jim B's statement above.

In a perfect world John and Jim D would never react emotively to posts, but in this case I think Pat provoked them. Pat's style of writing often appears to stir up emotions and this combination with his stated bias towards the 1.6 (note signature line) does him no favors in my opinion.

I work in a design consulting practice where I have to navigate conflicting interests everyday on the path to completed and succesful projects. We often say "data leads to conclusions, but emotions lead to action". If you want to win people over you can't piss them off.

Cnj

PS. I wish you well during you medical tests.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

I am willing to give it a wait and see, but, this is a 3 year wait and see. My issue is, if I didn't like what SCCA has done, I could always race NASA. Now there is not that option.

Pat

Pat,

There is always a multitude of other options. Everything from another car, class and/or organizations, the world is open for your choosing.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
God forbid anyone has a 1.6 bias.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

If you want to win people over you can't piss them off.

Cnj

People keep telling me this!
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Blake Thompson

Blake Thompson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:137

I worked closely with SMAC to do what 99.999% of SM'ers wanted

Doesn't that imply there are 100,000 Spec Miata'ers of which only 1 was descenting? I think you may be exagerating.

BTDTRacing, LLC - ISellMiataParts.com

"I'm not making any money doing this, I'm purely doing it out of ego." - Paul Tracy

2011 Midwestern Council Spec Miata series champion

2015 Winner, SM - Midwestern Council: A Legen-Dairy Enduro, Co-Driver Stephanie Andersen

2015 Winner, ITA - Midwestern Council, Blackhawk Formula Festival

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Blake Thompson

Blake Thompson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:137

Am I the only one that doesn't agree?

I hope not, because that would imply there are at least 200,000 Spec Miata'ers per John's earlier claim of "99.999%" agreement.

#muckraker

BTDTRacing, LLC - ISellMiataParts.com

"I'm not making any money doing this, I'm purely doing it out of ego." - Paul Tracy

2011 Midwestern Council Spec Miata series champion

2015 Winner, SM - Midwestern Council: A Legen-Dairy Enduro, Co-Driver Stephanie Andersen

2015 Winner, ITA - Midwestern Council, Blackhawk Formula Festival

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Drago and Mueller need to take this a lot less personally. The both of you are posting in this thread in a manner that reflects poorly on the professionalism and integrity of your respective organizations. I don't think it constructive for a a person in that position to tell someone to "shut their pie hole" or to denigrate another by casting aspersions by assuming something of which they do not fully possess the facts, For example stating or implying they one set up their car only once a year or stating or stating or implying they don't know how to set up their car. As a member of both organizations I find your collective responses petty and unprofessional. I come from now going into four decades that is much saltier and much more rough and tumble than what happens on this forum. However, both of you should hold yourselves to a higher standard and while you may not be speaking on behalf of said organizations, I think it reflects poorly on your responsibility to represent the membership or in the other case, serve your customers.

With that, I'll be gone for at least a few days so if you reply don't think I'm dodging you. I've got some health challenges at the moment and with any luck my fantastic team of cardiac and internal medicine pros will get everything back tip top. When one stares down their mortality they may find there are more important things than aging men with more money than sense racing chick cars for pieces of plastic and bragging rights.

I just hope Conrad Murray isn't the anesthesiologist.... :bash: I'm sorry, too soon? :king:

I think they have been more than professional...200+ posts and a constant hot cattle prod by a small minority and they are not allowed to ever react with a little emotion? I actually think they have held their composure quite well...and there most recent posts are a small effort to put a certain opinion in perspective. I for one get it. Jim and John were part of the process...I don't think they were unilateral in the final decision. But some on here act like they were. Pat took it to a personal level with his comments about track help...dont know any of the parties involved but I would have been far less kind in my response. Can't wait for next season in my underdog NA 1.8(IMO)but I'm not complaining :D

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

I wish you luck... I'm here having this discussion because of the skill of an cardiologist. Stay as relaxed as you can and heal.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Doesn't that imply there are 100,000 Spec Miata'ers of which only 1 was descenting? I think you may be exagerating.

I hope not, because that would imply there are at least 200,000 Spec Miata'ers per John's earlier claim of "99.999%" agreement.

#muckraker

Do we have a "shoot self in head" emoticon?

Dude, I wasn't talking about the changes... Just the idea of having both organizations on the same rules. Who didn't want NASA & SCCA to have the same rules?
  • Blake Thompson likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Just the idea of having both organizations on the same rules. Who didn't want NASA & SCCA to have the same rules?

Pat Slattery? He wants to be able to switch from one group to the other if he doesn't like the rules of one of the organizations. Now you have taken that choice away? At least thats the way I read it.

Mueller, just keep doing what your doing. You have proved to be an honest, fair guy. What more could we want from one of the SM bosses? I took you to task last year, you stuck by your guns, you were willing to make some changes this offseason, all of which are reasonable and fair IMHO.

From me at least THANK YOU FOR WORKING SO HARD TO MAKE THESE RULES BETWEEN GROUPS AMICABLE.

K. Webb