john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
symbiotic racing

Posted Image
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

screaming monkey

screaming monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Region:WI
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:65
At the June sprints, I decided to try my first bump draft on the front straight. He was waving, so I assumed it was for a little help. After further review, he was trying to wave me around after a missed shift or something. I had to back off not to clobber him. I should have pulled around. Rookie error that cost me positions. I've enjoyed the learning experience of this last season and am better for it, but it's painful to watch video of myself sometimes. I've also received a pop or two. One of which was going into a corner. I saved it, but it was a dumb move by the other driver. Bumping for the gain of both drivers under the proper circumstance makes perfect sense. Bumping out of aggression or at a huge speed differential is reckless. At the end of the day, you have to drive with people the way you want them to drive around you. We all have to pay for our cars when we wreck them.

Richard Scott Mooney
"Warm up your tires, brakes and brains"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users