Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
I have my 02 car built.. curious myself.. I think a lot will be looking at how the car does there and make some decisions. It will be a tall order for Stefan to podium in the crowd, even with the best car in the field. I have said to another forum member about another car countless times... Whether he podiums or not is little indication whether the car is competitive or not.

The 01-05( still NB, NC is 06+) should be good up the front straight, I think it may lose a little on mid straight and will likely gain on the back straight as I suspect it will pull 5th gear better than all the other cars.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Is there an entry cap per class?

Nope.
We had 80+ SRFs a few years back.

Per rule 6.4.1.B.

25 cars per mile may be on course.

Divisons Executive Steward may increase or decrease the 25 car limit.

So in reality there is a normal rule cap on cars per mile.

Not pi$$ing in anyones tea, just stating the written rule for the guy that asked the question.

IIRC there were 70ish Spec Miatas at the Cat National Milwaukee Cup race before they became a national class.
Unknow to many not local is that IT cars were invited to the Cat National in past years, then when Spec Miatas were regional they were invited to the Cat National.

45 Spec Miata entries as of today.

47 SRF entries as of today.

345 total entries as of today
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

45 Spec Miata entries as of today.

47 SRF entries as of today.

345 total entries as of today

Yet one is combined with three other classes after getting screwed royally last year and the other runs alone?

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Yet one is combined with three other classes after getting screwed royally last year and the other runs alone?

Being that I'm a proactive type person, If I were capable of playing at the pointy end of Spec Miata race or if my car were entered with a driver & the deal was capable of playing at the pointy end & if I thought my race resulta were going to be impacted by the out of class cars within my race group I'd with the support of other class drivers write an appropriate letter to the Chief Steward, TODAY. Ya like that run-on sentence.

Not a pi$$ing & moaning letter that SRF has their own race group.

At minimum I would ask for two pace cars with a 2 mile split start.

Entered as of today.

45 Spec Miata

6 SSC

4 SSB

4 T3
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
sent one yesterday... Joanne said she is going to have a meeting Saturday before lunch to discuss. I haven't looked, but I believe there is a rule in GCR that says faster cars have to start first.

Even with two pace cars and a 2 mile split start, after the lap1-2 yellow that has come in every race since 2006... The field will be bunched and the race will look a lot like what I posted above :( true speed will be less of a factor, it will be who is best through traffic and who gets the breaks and who doesn't.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Tom Maycock

Tom Maycock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:IL

Per rule 6.4.1.B.

25 cars per mile may be on course.

Yes. Sorry, I meant to go back and add that info and forgot. The complete answer is that there is a limit on the total number for a race group as noted. But with 4 miles of track to work with, the 25/mile limit doesn't usually come into play. I believe they did squeeze slightly more than 100 Spec Racer Fords (Renaults?) in at one point.

sent one yesterday... Joanne said she is going to have a meeting Saturday before lunch to discuss. I haven't looked, but I believe there is a rule in GCR that says faster cars have to start first.

Yes, as I understand it the plan is to have a Group 1 driver's meeting at lunchtime on Saturday in the SOM room.

Regards,
Tom

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
Thanks Tom, from a Spec Miata owner/driver that is not a national level driver.

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:6
Dewhurst and Drago arguing makes my head hurt.

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Dewhurst and Drago arguing makes my head hurt.

As hard as it may be for me to admit, I think we are actually on the same page on the last few posts. :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
:yep:

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
ahhh here it comes... as expected :)

ThuJun 14

Posted Image

77°

59°

Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN: 10% WIND: SSE at 14 mph

Details

FriJun 15

Posted Image

84°

64°

Isolated T-Storms
CHANCE OF RAIN: 30% WIND: SSE at 10 mph

Details

SatJun 16

Posted Image

84°

66°

AM Clouds / PM Sun
CHANCE OF RAIN: 10% WIND: S at 11 mph

Details

SunJun 17

Posted Image

85°

66°

Isolated T-Storms
CHANCE OF RAIN: 30% WIND: SSW at 12 mph

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
Head games. The friken races are not at night.

Put you COOL SHIRT on & go race.

Thu Jun 14 77° 60° Mostly Sunny Chance of rain: 10% Wind: SSE at 16 mph DetailsFri

Fri Jun 15 85° 66° Isolated T-Storms Chance of rain: 30% Wind: SSE at 11 mph DetailsSat

Sat Jun 16 87° 68° Cloudy Chance of rain: 10% Wind: S at 10 mph DetailsSun

Sun Jun 17 87° 68° Scattered T-Storms Chance of rain: 4

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
Cool shirts? With those temps they should wear sweaters.
  • KentCarter and Cnj like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72
Rain America

Need I say more

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
this will be dragos weekend this is how it will work the red rat is sandlin and the chubby one looks like blake not sure if he is going and buras is the one to take down drago

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
The mean chipmunk is Goriaran even though he won't be there.

That is too funny.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
FACTS from the entrie list, please don't pi$$ in my Wheaties if there are no shows.

Entered as of today.

46 Spec Miata

6 SSC

4 SSB

4 T3

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
jim drago waiting for the sprints

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

tburas56

tburas56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Number:56

jim drago waiting for the sprints
http://www.youtube.c...-QTWo7e9Hs&NR=1

Thats Funny. I dont care who you are!
I'm in their heads and they are way over their head!
Donor - Made PayPal donation SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner - World Challenge Winner - World Challenge Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda - Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda MX5 Cup Winner - Has won a Race in the MX5Cup.com Series We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

I'm in their heads and they are way over their head!

I don't care who your referring to, that is GREAT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users