Photo

So...Who won the Charby vs. Prodigy shootout in FLORIDA?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
280 replies to this topic

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:57

moovn...I don't know you or know why you would make such a comment...sorry to here you were not impressed with me.(my wife is...she's all that matters, by the way).
She could not be happier that I'm not spending my time (frustrated and waiting) for NASA FL to step up and catch the rampant cheating. Looks like karma is catching up...

Peace out, be well...now where's that rock I need crawl under?

BTW...come out from behind your screen name, if your "real".

You should be able to come back soon, NASA FL stepped up, Breathless is scrambling and silent, field numbers are up, and lots of fun was had by most (hah) this past weekend. We'll see how Sebring shakes out.
  • JBlaisdell likes this

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

You should be able to come back soon, NASA FL stepped up, Breathless is scrambling and silent, field numbers are up, and lots of fun was had by most (hah) this past weekend. We'll see how Sebring shakes out.

If I'm not working Denny and I will be there as well. I like how Nasa handled this situation.
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

moovn

moovn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:1998
i don't get it NASA found two nubs missing on the top of the header on jr's car and a completly polished header on another car and he is the cheater mistakes are made and humble pie is made to be eaten. nobody talks about how he started last in a pack of 17 and finished 7th. Now that NASA has upped the Tech for a regional event now everything is going to be fine. How about the fact that Mark Gibbons who caused an accident in sebring has never been to school and got a SCCA National License from who he knows and not what he knows has had more incidents than anyone else in the past year, I don't see how NASA Has really stepped up with other issues like this currently going on.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

i don't get it NASA found two nubs missing on the top of the header on jr's car...

It was hardly just 'two nubs', it was significantly altered. Don't believe everything you read.

How about the fact that Mark Gibbons who caused an accident in sebring has never been to school and got a SCCA National License from who he knows and not what he knows has had more incidents than anyone else in the past year, I don't see how NASA Has really stepped up with other issues like this currently going on.

If you have a different problem (other than the events in the tech-shed last week @ Homestead), start a different post. Or bring it up in a more constructive fashion like raising it to the FL Regional Director (Jon Felton) and not tossing inflammatory accusations. Oh wait, I just saw you're an attorney... That's what you do. ;)
  • 5X Racing, Caveman-kwebb99, Jason J Ball and 1 other like this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91
John... did you ever find some photos to post to show us the 'nubs'?
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

John... did you ever find some photos to post to show us the 'nubs'?

If NASA has some they won't be published.

I spoke with the Chief Scrutineer, he has raced a 1.6 SM before & knows how the header should be. He had an example of a 1.6 header in tech for comparison. However, it was not necessary to even do a side-by-side comparison for either of the headers that were found non-compliant. Oblivious it was.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30

If NASA has some they won't be published.

That sure seems like a learning opportunity missed.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Hardly. If photos exist (and I've not heard they do) every NASA region will get them and incorporate them in the tech documentation for future use of "what to look for". Why would I want the world to see what wont pass so they can just alter up to that point and stop? Nope.

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
Well, two reasons. One, because by keeping them to certain NASA officials, you create an advantage for some -- after all, some SM drivers WILL see them, and others won't. Second, many drivers couldn't tell a modified header from one straight from the factory, and this could help educate them (us). In any case, having criteria that are kept secret is just a gotcha game. Our requirements should be VERY public, always.

BTW, having an example of a header that fails tech doesn't say that some other header will pass.

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Jim, the header is no different than folks that have their transmision/differentials REM. Some stuff is so real easy to visually see/view. Shucks, I've seen lightened transmision gears. I wouldn't dought there's lightened ring gears. Not pointing fingers at any org.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

moovn

moovn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Car Year:1998

It was hardly just 'two nubs', it was significantly altered. Don't believe everything you read.

If you have a different problem (other than the events in the tech-shed last week @ Homestead), start a different post. Or bring it up in a more constructive fashion like raising it to the FL Regional Director (Jon Felton) and not tossing inflammatory accusations. Oh wait, I just saw you're an attorney... That's what you do. ;)

i did not read this I was there and again from 17th to 7th. And youre right I can surely see where an exibit is being completly exploited from a couple of nubs to a full blown Hooker Header. Remember they are not inflammatory just ask cheatin Chip
  • john mueller likes this

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88
From page 3. And I'm wil John M. Don't publish a how to book.
J~

NASA kept the header, right? Let's see photos. "Missing a couple of nubs?" or smoothed and polished?

A couple of years ago, I got a replacement from Mazda Motorsports that was just gorgeous. Looked much better than normal. Made good power, too. Sadly, it cracked and the next one was just average. With this much variation in stock parts, we should allow cleaning of welds just like we allow head work. Just my 2 cents.

Kent there are pictures. I will try to get them but it was an obvous modification to the exhaust and one that I am sure Mike and Glenn would have bounced any one of us for if they were teching the car

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

MarkG

MarkG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Car Number:06

i don't get it NASA found two nubs missing on the top of the header on jr's car and a completly polished header on another car and he is the cheater mistakes are made and humble pie is made to be eaten. nobody talks about how he started last in a pack of 17 and finished 7th. Now that NASA has upped the Tech for a regional event now everything is going to be fine. How about the fact that Mark Gibbons who caused an accident in sebring has never been to school and got a SCCA National License from who he knows and not what he knows has had more incidents than anyone else in the past year, I don't see how NASA Has really stepped up with other issues like this currently going on.

"SCOTT" / Moovn

Sorry for your poor sportsmanship thought we were all adults here, Guess I was wrong.
Im not going to stoop down to your level and start talking about incidents that happend under a waving yellow flag.
  • Michael Colangelo likes this

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

"Spec Miata or Unlimited Miata

After reading all the bashing and bragging i believe everyone is cheating in some way. Spec Miata has come a long way since it's birth how about it all gets changed to "run what you brung" naturally aspirated only! and lets see how good we really think we are or not. I believe IMO only the front wrunners are always being accused of cheating!. It reminds me why I detest Car shows so much he with the biggest budget wins the $9.00 trophy. "

So Moovn,

Is it the poor driving you have a problem with or the cheating that you feel everyone is guilty of?

Yes, I finished my sentence with a preposition.

It appears you have a problem with SM or certain people in SM but you are definitely on a mission. It is just not apparent to me what the mission is.
  • Michael Colangelo likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
I am having a hard time figuring what from 17th -7th and the header have to do with each other? I can't see any relation whatsoever?

After losing a qualifying time and having to start from the rear, getting to 7th is a "reasonable accomplishment" by any top 5 guy in a 17 car field? Typically you pass 5-6 at the start, worse case by the end of lap one. I don't think Jr's driving ability has been questioned?
  • JBlaisdell and tburas56 like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:57

"SCOTT" / Moovn

Moovn is Scott? Scott McKay posts under his own name which only leaves Scott Argow the NASA FL Spec Miata director...

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

Scott McKay

Scott McKay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:31

Boooooo. I'm an attorney, we aren't all douches.... Some of us enjoy the profession and the paycheck so we can come out and blow the money racing.
  • john mueller, Jason J Ball, FTodaro and 1 other like this
Three Time NASA National Champion

Scott McKay

Scott McKay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:31

Moovn is Scott? Scott McKay posts under his own name which only leaves Scott Argow the NASA FL Spec Miata director...

I'm no puss, I do post my own name. Argow is not a lawyer, to my knowledge, nor does the Florida Bar Website show him as one.
Three Time NASA National Champion

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

Well, two reasons. One, because by keeping them to certain NASA officials, you create an advantage for some -- after all, some SM drivers WILL see them, and others won't. Second, many drivers couldn't tell a modified header from one straight from the factory, and this could help educate them (us). In any case, having criteria that are kept secret is just a gotcha game. Our requirements should be VERY public, always.

BTW, having an example of a header that fails tech doesn't say that some other header will pass.

The header in question has been seen by many and yes there are pictures. However, I do not think they will or should be put on public display. NASA was in charge of tech and found the header to be non-compliant and that is the end of the story. If it were not for previous discussions about this car (car builder) this thread would have been 1 page. It was not the modification itself but the actions before and after by the builder (not the driver) that blew this up. By the way, I have seen the pictures and you don't have to be in the know to see the grinding marks and other signs that it had been altered. The modification is nothing new and was obviously used based on the builders belief that NASA would never check; he was wrong. Hopefully, they will have a compliant car the next time they show up or at least get out of Spec Miata. At this point either is fine with me.
  • JBlaisdell, Alex Bolanos, Jason J Ball and 1 other like this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

The header in question has been seen by many and yes there are pictures...

By the way, I have seen the pictures and you don't have to be in the know to see the grinding marks and other signs that it had been altered. The modification is nothing new and was obviously used based on the builders belief that NASA would never check; he was wrong.

I heard back from the chief scrutineer.. I'm told no photos of the Breathless header were taken but photos were taken of Derik's (the other car found w/ a non-compliant header). So you may have seen his.

Boooooo. I'm an attorney, we aren't all douches.... Some of us enjoy the profession and the paycheck so we can come out and blow the money racing.

Just having fun :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users