Photo

So...Who won the Charby vs. Prodigy shootout in FLORIDA?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
280 replies to this topic

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

I don't think Jr's driving ability has been questioned?

I'm with ya on that. It's really a shame that we (he) are getting cheated out of seeing what he can really do.
  • john mueller likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Nor/So Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:17
Im just going to throw out there that the "BOOM!" is a trademark of the BOOM Crew of Cali, not affiliated with any BOOM of the Florida region :)
  • MPR22 and Charlie Hayes like this
"Punk Ass Kid" -Track HQ's top SM contributor.
Working to call myself a GT driver.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
I think Meathead racing had once made some T-shirts that said "I'm just here for the man drama" or something like that.

Maybe they should export some to Florida?

I hope Jr can do some more racing, in a compliant car, and do well. Young people keep any sport going.

Also, I may come run in the SE just to meet the mythical Andrew C. I'll be the guy in the back of the pack if I do.
  • Glenn likes this

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

moovn

moovn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:1998

Moovn is Scott? Scott McKay posts under his own name which only leaves Scott Argow the NASA FL Spec Miata director...

Yes you figured out who I am now come get me!!

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91
So... on one hand we have Ernie the First claiming that it was a random header pulled out of the heap that happened to be missing a 'nub' or two . On the other, we have NASA claiming it was nicely cleaned up. My issue with this is that I once got a header from Mazda that was just really, really nice. Would the folks at NASA be able to tell a lucky draw from Mazda from Ernie's die grinder job?
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
I have personally seen that Mazda header that Kent is talking about and he's right several years ago they did for a very short time sell a batch that had the welds only on the outside.
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

I think Meathead racing had once made some T-shirts that said "I'm just here for the man drama" or something like that.

Maybe they should export some to Florida?

I hope Jr can do some more racing, in a compliant car, and do well. Young people keep any sport going.

Also, I may come run in the SE just to meet the mythical Andrew C. I'll be the guy in the back of the pack if I do.

Posted Image

The 2010 MEATHEAD Racing official Runoffs Sweatshirt and T-Shirt Collection as developed by and worn by the wives of MEATHEAD Racing. "I'm here for the Man Drama". It was so popular several wives of other drivers from around the country ordered and received some. I know Mrs. Steyn has one!
  • svvs and latapx like this
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Car Number:22

So... on one hand we have Ernie the First claiming that it was a random header pulled out of the heap that happened to be missing a 'nub' or two . On the other, we have NASA claiming it was nicely cleaned up. My issue with this is that I once got a header from Mazda that was just really, really nice. Would the folks at NASA be able to tell a lucky draw from Mazda from Ernie's die grinder job?

So theoretically we might have to start the hunt for that special grease again?
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

I have personally seen that Mazda header that Kent is talking about and he's right several years ago they did for a very short time sell a batch that had the welds only on the outside.

That may be true but I doubt that they had grinding wheel marks and a non-symmetrical ground out core. Nor where there visible marks at both ends of the header. Rest assured even the most inexperienced tech person would have noticed the header in question and an experienced one like Mike or Glen would be able to tell you what was used to grind it, how long it took to do, and if it was actually worth doing. LOL
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Car Number:97

So theoretically we might have to start the hunt for that special grease again?

SHhhhh! This thread was a diversion. We don't want people using the special grease.
  • Jim Drago likes this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

latapx

latapx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Jim, the header is no different than folks that have their transmision/differentials REM. Some stuff is so real easy to visually see/view. Shucks, I've seen lightened transmision gears. I wouldn't dought there's lightened ring gears. Not pointing fingers at any org.

Funny you mention this...I was at PRI last year and there was this little Japanese guy in a booth spinning a steel collar on a steel shaft. No bearings or oil...just microfinished surfaces. I talked to him for a while and at the end of the conversation I said "I'm sure you get a lot of Spec Miata business." He all of a sudden semi-smirked and had a deer in the headlights look at the same time. I have no doubt there are REM'd gear boxes and diffs out there...but who's gonna check? But, its the "who's gonna check" attitude that is ruining the class and causing 12 page threads. In my opinion, once you are caught, your fellow racers are always going to think you are up to something. I'd rather be legit and battling mid pack than breaking the rules at the front stressing about when I'm going to be caught. I do this for fun and stress RELIEF! Once its not fun, to me, its not worth doing anymore.
  • john mueller and Jason J Ball like this

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Posted Image

The 2010 MEATHEAD Racing official Runoffs Sweatshirt and T-Shirt Collection as developed by and worn by the wives of MEATHEAD Racing. "I'm here for the Man Drama". It was so popular several wives of other drivers from around the country ordered and received some. I know Mrs. Steyn has one!

Mike - this is a treasured possession in the Steyn household, and will make its appearance at the Runoffs again this year. Much appreciated as always.

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

I have no doubt there are REM'd gear boxes and diffs out there...but who's gonna check?

Everyone doing this is morally obligated to voluntarily disclose their transgressions on this site and then say they're sorry. Come on, it's for the good of the class.

OK, who's first...
  • latapx likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
OK, I will go first, I once did a NASA race without the required stickers!

Wow I feel better now. What a release.
  • john mueller likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
I have cheated in EVERY race I have done since 2009.........But now I am a new man, so this weekend I will be 100% in compliance. Oh yeah this will be my first race since the 2008 13 hr :)

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
You guys didn't say "I'm sorry" :wave2:
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Car Number:22
I just noticed my avatar has th SCCA sticker covered on the front bumper, therefore I was not in compliance during the STL qualifying Saturday May 4th at Hallett. I should be flogged and have my pole position effort taken from me.

For this transgression I am truly sorry.

As for helping my wife on her final exam, hell no I ain't sorry, I got the girl!
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Lin

Lin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:90

Good Job NASA, for taking on the extra work but it was well worth it.

I takes a lot of balls to cheat, and then to brag about being better than your competitor.

My guess is that JR had no clue but SR who was vary vocal about talents, is just off the Wow Factor map.

Does this mean that the press release factory will be slowing down.

Are they going to do a press release that they got caught cheating?
  • Muda likes this

Lin

Lin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:90

Not only this forum community, but the 10-15 NASA FL SMers that don't post here that have been getting annihilated by these cars for the past 8 months. All of them have been realigning their cars before every event and swapping hub grease after every session.

This is the main reason the class is now combined with Thunder. Almost everyone who raced in SM with NASA last season is taking a break from NASA this year to work on their aerodynamics, hub grease, blah blah BPP :spin: and see how this played out. Thank you to NASA Florida and National for finally addressing tech for us.
  • john mueller, JBlaisdell and 5X Racing like this

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Are they going to do a press release that they got caught cheating?

I think this 12-page post (rant) will suffice.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users