Photo

So...Who won the Charby vs. Prodigy shootout in FLORIDA?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
280 replies to this topic

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Year:1999

Are they going to do a press release that they got caught cheating?

:lol: :thumbsup:
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mtaylor

Mtaylor

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:97
240 replys to this thread, that great, at least Nasa Fl is getting some attention. A little late to this party , but having spent the last three season clawing and scratchin to get to the pointie end of the field and this feels great. We were begining to feel that without cheating you did not have a chance in Nasa Fl and now that bs is over. Thanks Alex and Charby and Nick for showing the draft tech on nascar 3/4 and letting us think we had some skill. I'll take 6th in the this crowd any day. The fact that it took this long to get this stuff done is partially the fault of the prior mgt of the group, showing no real interest in building the race program and giving all there efforts to the HPDE stuff. Hopefully now we can get regualr fields of 20 cars and have as much fun as this last event. Not going to say a negative word about any infractions found as this was all old news to the regulars in the group. And the newbies ,Derek, Jimmy P, etc. battled like a wolf pack for spots like it was the big Indy trophy, little did they know that if they did crappy they get better toyo bucks. PS who ever got on M Gibbions ars, he might of had some transgressions in the past but he drove like a gentlemen in this event. fun stuff--alot of rubbin going on. :spin:
  • john mueller and Alex Bolanos like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

5X Racing

5X Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:5

You should be able to come back soon, NASA FL stepped up, Breathless is scrambling and silent, field numbers are up, and lots of fun was had by most (hah) this past weekend. We'll see how Sebring shakes out.

NASA FL in PT class with an SM wearing Hoosiers is looking attractive to us. Love the people in NASA FL and we miss the fun times, but $2000 to equip our cars with Toyo's just seems silly when the entire race group is combined anyways. Miata's are gonna be vs. Miata's no matter which tire they're on with the NASA FL current groupings. There's even Hoosier contingencies if there's 5 or more cars. Hell Alex, if you and me bring some friends and race in PT somebody could walk away from the weekend with a whole set of Hoosiers.
http://www.nasaprora...gency_Info1.pdf

Just sayin'. Don't wanna take away from the strengthening SM group, but I am sure there's a pool of people out there that wanna have fun in NASA FL, but have a trailer full of new Hoosiers and no Toyo's like us that can maybe benefit from the this philosophy. Seems like an affordable way to participate in both org's with the same car to me, and participate in the fun weekend NASA brings to the table.
  • JBlaisdell likes this

John Adamczyk
Owner/Driver - 5X Racing

5X Racing

5X Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Yes you figured out who I am now come get me!!

I would surely hope the current SM director in NASA FL (who was always a hell of a nice guy to us when we were at NASA FL races) wouldn't below the belt Jim Blaisdell (who was instrumental in bringing NASA FL SM car counts from 0 to 10-15 cars per event at the end of 2011) with a comment like that. For some reason, I just don't think this is Scott Argow. Please correct me if I am wrong.
  • Andrew Charbonneau likes this

John Adamczyk
Owner/Driver - 5X Racing

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Car Number:39
I do not believe it is Scott Argow. Would be very unlikely

PLUS I saw a posting on his Facebook profile that he does not post on forums and that his name is being used

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Car Number:57

Hell Alex, if you and me bring some friends and race in PT somebody could walk away from the weekend with a whole set of Hoosiers.
http://www.nasaprora...gency_Info1.pdf

Sounds like a great idea but the Hoosiers only lasting 6 heat cycles has all but killed my tire budget this year in SCCA, I scored some used Toyos (that last until they cord) so I'll stick with SM when I run NASA. Just buy some used jap tires and come out!

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

5X Racing

5X Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Sounds like a great idea but the Hoosiers only lasting 6 heat cycles has all but killed my tire budget this year in SCCA, I scored some used Toyos (that last until they cord) so I'll stick with SM when I run NASA. Just buy some used jap tires and come out!

Ouch, 6 heat cycles? Really? Dammit. I am only one weekend down on my first set, so I don't know the longevity yet. Are they "wearing" out or are they just losing grip after 6 cycles?

We'll see what happens as the year progresses.

John Adamczyk
Owner/Driver - 5X Racing

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

a weekend and a half is all I can get out of a set of Hoosiers. It does put a cramp in my wallet.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

5X Racing

5X Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

a weekend and a half is all I can get out of a set of Hoosiers. It does put a cramp in my wallet.

Is this true even with the proper "break-in" procedure I keep hearing will be the difference between your Hoosiers lasting a weekend or 8 weekends?

John Adamczyk
Owner/Driver - 5X Racing

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC
Cramp? More like an amputation. Love the gummy balls 'o fun but I've spent more on tires so far this season than all of last season. But that's for another thread. Now back to the regularly scheduled program.
  • svvs likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Is this true even with the proper "break-in" procedure I keep hearing will be the difference between your Hoosiers lasting a weekend or 8 weekends?

John, the HOHO's will last 15-16 heat cycles IMO, if you want to run up front you wont run them after 6 cycles. If you do want to run up front, you better get your wallet out :(

And if you want to be a budget racer, I suggest you start buying used HOHO's from guys who do have a big tire budget.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

tburas56

tburas56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Number:56
The gig is up!!!

Figured out the grease problem on the bearings!

Need to get your hands on this stuff

Click on the top right corner to see Katchup bottle.
Donor - Made PayPal donation SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner - World Challenge Winner - World Challenge Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda - Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda MX5 Cup Winner - Has won a Race in the MX5Cup.com Series We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
The good news is the mayo is cheap but you have to replace it every race weekend or it goes rancid.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Car Number:57

John, the HOHO's will last 15-16 heat cycles IMO, if you want to run up front you wont run them after 6 cycles. If you do want to run up front, you better get your wallet out :(

And if you want to be a budget racer, I suggest you start buying used HOHO's from guys who do have a big tire budget.

This

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

5X Racing

5X Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

This

Dislike. Well, addictions could be worse I suppose...

John Adamczyk
Owner/Driver - 5X Racing

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:35
As expensive as Racing can be, I remind my wife that its cheaper than a "mistress"

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Protech Racing

Protech Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
I want to thank NASA FL for stepping up on this area. The lack of tech has forced us elsewhere, esp @ the Roval like Homestead. My Son's mom would kick my ass if we ever got tossed for out right cheating. we just dont .. AS a result, we like more tech and are used to having the engine in a box on mon morning. That means that we won.
From karts @ 5yr old to stock cars to SM We have had two wins tossed in tech. The carb came apart and would not make vaccum, the cam broke and would not make vacuum.

Michael ( now 20) has built his SM engine to the exact rules. The head size,, bore, cams, all spot on. He looked in the exhaust and asked about cleaning up the welds. "Not legal" I said. " really? they are really ugly."
He has learned that some cheat and most dont. That there are two kinds of people,honest and others. That once you have cheated, you are now a "Cheater".
Cheating by intent is just plain dishonest and will set your life down a crappy road.

Thanks NASA, we will race with you more.
We will pray for JR's MOM . Cancer sucks.
Peace, MM
  • Armando Ramirez likes this

http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

mogren@tampabay.rr.com, 352.428/8983

tburas56

tburas56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Number:56
IMHO The Hoosier Tire
At the Sebring Dbl National, I ran one set of Hoosiers 3 session on test day, 4 Quals and 2 full races, so Nine heat cycles in one weekend. The tires in the second Sebring race set the TR and won both days. They were awesome. I used the same set of tires 3 more sessions, for the test day at DBL National at Homestead.
When I put on the new set for the first practice at Homestead, the car slowed, way to much grip for a 1.6.

The way I figure it, the tire has more grip than the Toyos even after 10 heat cycles; and as they get heat cycles they harden up a bit still maintaining that extra grip. This equals less rolling resistance yet maintaining grip levels.

I used the Sebring tires again in the second Homestead race after flat spotting the two rears in the first national; the second race with the Sebring tires I finished third and set another T.R. on now 15 -17 cycle tires.

No idea what that means, just MHO.
  • JBlaisdell likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner - World Challenge Winner - World Challenge Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda - Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda MX5 Cup Winner - Has won a Race in the MX5Cup.com Series We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FlyByYou

FlyByYou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Car Number:75
Hey mooven I was there for the event not running my SM waiting on my new engine to arrive but I was running HPDE with a friend for fun. I was there when they pulled the headers and checked the cars. What a difference between Ernie Jrs header and the one from the blue car. The one from the blue car was ported and Jrs looked like stock except the welds were slightly lower on the runners and the underside was completely stock. Other than that Jrs car passed tech with no issues. Funny thing was the top 5 fastest cars were not even at tech, what the hell??? Who did they pay off? Yes and Mooven is right Jr came from last place and moved up to 6th or 7th I think. By the way I did speak to Ernie Jr and he was upset about his car being down on power and they were trying to break in a new engine. The kid can drive, I wish his car was up to speed. It would have been cool to see the top 2 guys switch cars with Jr to see what would happen…lol my bet would be on Jr…lol hey kid have your dad do a leakdown test on the engine to see if the rings are seated. I have raced with Ernie Jr at FARA a few times and do respect his driving ability especially at his age, keep it up kid.
I still say I would have loved to see a car swap, it takes the big dollar factor out of the equation. As for some of this forum guys dont give them the light of day. The are just a bunch of jerks with nothing better to do then bitch. Switch cars with them and see what happens. You guys need to get a life to give this kid shit for a factory header with a few lower weld points but no grinding marks and measures stock too. I was there and saw it myself!! I could not see any grinding points. I dont see anyone bitching about the other car with a ported header. Wow jr went faster with another header. Wow Jr with an under powered car on a new engine still went from 17th to near the front. get a life guys your complaining on this forum only makes the few of you guys look like your scared of this kid if he was in a strong car. I personally do not think he should be DQ in Qualififing. Either way he accepted it and started in the back of the pack and move way up. That header could have been just one of the few good headers Mazda produced just like some cylinder heads are better then others. just depends on the day it was made if the workers were happy that day.
Hey kid ask your dad if he is taking out the Vette to run at FARA next week, I love watch that car go.

Hey Jr I hope you keep racing with us here but understand if you dont. I am even thinking about selling my car after I put the engine in and running in some other class to get out of this drama club...lol

Gary

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

IMHO The Hoosier Tire
This equals less rolling resistance yet maintaining grip levels.

I used the Sebring tires again in the second Homestead race after flat spotting the two rears in the first national; the second race with the Sebring tires I finished third and set another T.R. on now 15 -17 cycle tires.

No idea what that means, just MHO.

Just about correct for the June Sprints. :scratchchin:
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users