Photo

So...Who won the Charby vs. Prodigy shootout in FLORIDA?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
280 replies to this topic

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

Hey mooven I was there for the event not running my SM waiting on my new engine to arrive but I was running HPDE with a friend for fun. I was there when they pulled the headers and checked the cars. What a difference between Ernie Jrs header and the one from the blue car. The one from the blue car was ported and Jrs looked like stock except the welds were slightly lower on the runners and the underside was completely stock. Other than that Jrs car passed tech with no issues. Funny thing was the top 5 fastest cars were not even at tech, what the hell??? Who did they pay off? Yes and Mooven is right Jr came from last place and moved up to 6th or 7th I think. By the way I did speak to Ernie Jr and he was upset about his car being down on power and they were trying to break in a new engine. The kid can drive, I wish his car was up to speed. It would have been cool to see the top 2 guys switch cars with Jr to see what would happen…lol my bet would be on Jr…lol hey kid have your dad do a leakdown test on the engine to see if the rings are seated. I have raced with Ernie Jr at FARA a few times and do respect his driving ability especially at his age, keep it up kid.
I still say I would have loved to see a car swap, it takes the big dollar factor out of the equation. As for some of this forum guys dont give them the light of day. The are just a bunch of jerks with nothing better to do then bitch. Switch cars with them and see what happens. You guys need to get a life to give this kid shit for a factory header with a few lower weld points but no grinding marks and measures stock too. I was there and saw it myself!! I could not see any grinding points. I dont see anyone bitching about the other car with a ported header. Wow jr went faster with another header. Wow Jr with an under powered car on a new engine still went from 17th to near the front. get a life guys your complaining on this forum only makes the few of you guys look like your scared of this kid if he was in a strong car. I personally do not think he should be DQ in Qualififing. Either way he accepted it and started in the back of the pack and move way up. That header could have been just one of the few good headers Mazda produced just like some cylinder heads are better then others. just depends on the day it was made if the workers were happy that day.
Hey kid ask your dad if he is taking out the Vette to run at FARA next week, I love watch that car go.

Hey Jr I hope you keep racing with us here but understand if you dont. I am even thinking about selling my car after I put the engine in and running in some other class to get out of this drama club...lol

Gary

hey Gary I think Your a Idiot even for the fact that you are a lawyer do you know who I am last name charbonneau first name andrew (aka charby) just in case of the four races and four qualifiers and i won from dead last i was in tech 6 times of the eight dont think you were there . your post is bullshit and im calling you out any time you want to set that race up im there you pay bigshot put you money were your mouth is or keep it closed. you have no say and bet you cant drive. .you can drive my car and i will drive your at sebring bring you ck book anytime. cheater is a cheater and im not sure but you might be suspect also birds of a feather flock together
  • David L likes this
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
Hey Jr I hope you keep racing with us here but understand if you dont. I am even thinking about selling my car after I put the engine in and running in some other class to get out of this drama club...lol

good idea gary your the only no spec miata guy that weekend who had a good time alot off pms from others who are happy with the class
let me know wicj class you deside to run would love to follow your progress
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
may be you can pay off a judge for the tropy in tech it might work for you but i tried to pay the guys of in tech dont work here either lol by the way you just called all the guys in tech cheaters also hummmm lawyers are not supposed follow a oath sorry you should brush up on your second year of collage and find another place to rant

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
also if memory has faid me the francis crew was in tech only once that i saw pretty sad if i was tech they would have been ther all day and every day. i think nasa was kind in the way took care of it.KIND THE CAR WAS DQ AND FRANCIS WAS ALOWWED TO RUN GET YOU FACTS RIGHT YOU TERD.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Gary
Again... I don't think anyone has doubted the ability of Jr. That being said, a car swap with the two at the race, Alex Bolanos or Andrew Charboneau would not work out in JR's favor, nor should it. They are two of the best in the class and have tons of experience in the cars. That is not to say the kid is not talented.

As far as the header goes, there are always reasons and explanations.. some are valid, some are not. But once you exhaust all your opportunities and found non compliant, that is it. You take your penalty and move on. I think Sr and Jr are smart in letting this die down.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Hey mooven I was there for the event not running my SM waiting on my new engine to arrive but I was running HPDE with a friend for fun. I was there when they pulled the headers and checked the cars. What a difference between Ernie Jrs header and the one from the blue car. The one from the blue car was ported and Jrs looked like stock except the welds were slightly lower on the runners and the underside was completely stock. Other than that Jrs car passed tech with no issues. Funny thing was the top 5 fastest cars were not even at tech, what the hell??? Who did they pay off? Yes and Mooven is right Jr came from last place and moved up to 6th or 7th I think. By the way I did speak to Ernie Jr and he was upset about his car being down on power and they were trying to break in a new engine. The kid can drive, I wish his car was up to speed. It would have been cool to see the top 2 guys switch cars with Jr to see what would happen…lol my bet would be on Jr…lol hey kid have your dad do a leakdown test on the engine to see if the rings are seated. I have raced with Ernie Jr at FARA a few times and do respect his driving ability especially at his age, keep it up kid.
I still say I would have loved to see a car swap, it takes the big dollar factor out of the equation. As for some of this forum guys dont give them the light of day. The are just a bunch of jerks with nothing better to do then bitch. Switch cars with them and see what happens. You guys need to get a life to give this kid shit for a factory header with a few lower weld points but no grinding marks and measures stock too. I was there and saw it myself!! I could not see any grinding points. I dont see anyone bitching about the other car with a ported header. Wow jr went faster with another header. Wow Jr with an under powered car on a new engine still went from 17th to near the front. get a life guys your complaining on this forum only makes the few of you guys look like your scared of this kid if he was in a strong car. I personally do not think he should be DQ in Qualififing. Either way he accepted it and started in the back of the pack and move way up. That header could have been just one of the few good headers Mazda produced just like some cylinder heads are better then others. just depends on the day it was made if the workers were happy that day.
Hey kid ask your dad if he is taking out the Vette to run at FARA next week, I love watch that car go.

Gary

This is so suspect...really makes no sense? As JD said the young man has not been the target. Then again the screen name is about as arrogant as the real targets...worth repeating...birds of a feather flock together :rolleyes: Best of luck in your new class!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DES4

DES4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:93

Gary

How the hell does one pass the bar exam lacking basic grammar/punctuation/spelling skills? In what state?

Spell check only catches errors in spelling, not context. I expected more than that from a college grad; I'm deeply disappointed in the bar for the current quality of our legal representation.

lol, indeed...
  • svvs and Andrew Charbonneau like this
Dave Stine

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed," -Eleanor Roosevelt

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
now that is funny, Im the worst out of anyone one this forum with spelling and punctuation boy but i know my heart is in the right place.

I ask the same question gary what rock did you crwal out from

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Year:1999
Posted Image
  • AJ Roderick likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted Image

nice car i might add

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
cant tell is muda in the picture dont tell me hes the cornor worker in the back ground

FlyByYou

FlyByYou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:75
Hey Von Crack Head, How could you talk about my 2nd year in Law school when after watching your statements did you even graduate High School? I always believe that when you hang out with crap you are crap! I will be in Sebring with my Gaydar on you by the way when do you start selling the cookies again? What is wrong with your grammar? Why are you attacking me on the forum? Is this the true you, remember I debate for a living and can see right through you. What is the deal with your name am I supposed to know it? Are you a famous race car driver in the pro circuit? I know I am not. Am I supposed to be scared with you boasting about how big and bad you are as a driver, give me a break. Why are you attacking Lawyers? By the way my screen name is from my tag I had on my GT2 Porsche, do you have a problem with that too? What’s with the stupid videos all the time, are you a kid or just mentally challenged? This is one reason why I might get out of Spec Miata because of people like you that think they are the best and a gift from God. Wake up my little child you are not, you are nothing. Please do us all some good and go back to school.

By the way did they check your rods, micro polished trans or crank for weight? What about any coatings on the running gears to reduce friction and temp. They pull your head to check the valves and the seats and bowls? The answer was no. I don’t trust you or some of these other front runners, you guys pull away from everyone just from power not exit speed. Put you in a reg car and you will be mid pack. I don’t blame the tech guys since they can only do so much but I do blame guys like you.

Sorry to get back to the forum so late but was on a motorcycle rally with my club to support the Wounded Warriors project and the military soldiers.
Gary

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
:whistling: Hey, whatever happened to the popcorn icon? This should be epic! ;)
  • Andrew Charbonneau likes this

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
He can't be real...even senior made more sense...but not much :rolleyes: Is this fair game or do we still have to self moderate??

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:44
I wonder why lawyers get a bad name - sheesh!

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC

I don’t trust you or some of these other front runners, you guys pull away from everyone just from power not exit speed. Put you in a reg car and you will be mid pack. I don’t blame the tech guys since they can only do so much but I do blame guys like you.
Gary

Since when were Porsche guys admitted without a sponsor?
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Hey Von Crack Head, How could you talk about my 2nd year in Law school when after watching your statements did you even graduate High School? I always believe that when you hang out with crap you are crap! I will be in Sebring with my Gaydar on you by the way when do you start selling the cookies again? What is wrong with your grammar? Why are you attacking me on the forum? Is this the true you, remember I debate for a living and can see right through you. What is the deal with your name am I supposed to know it? Are you a famous race car driver in the pro circuit? I know I am not. Am I supposed to be scared with you boasting about how big and bad you are as a driver, give me a break. Why are you attacking Lawyers? By the way my screen name is from my tag I had on my GT2 Porsche, do you have a problem with that too? What’s with the stupid videos all the time, are you a kid or just mentally challenged? This is one reason why I might get out of Spec Miata because of people like you that think they are the best and a gift from God. Wake up my little child you are not, you are nothing. Please do us all some good and go back to school.

By the way did they check your rods, micro polished trans or crank for weight? What about any coatings on the running gears to reduce friction and temp. They pull your head to check the valves and the seats and bowls? The answer was no. I don’t trust you or some of these other front runners, you guys pull away from everyone just from power not exit speed. Put you in a reg car and you will be mid pack. I don’t blame the tech guys since they can only do so much but I do blame guys like you.

Sorry to get back to the forum so late but was on a motorcycle rally with my club to support the Wounded Warriors project and the military soldiers.
Gary

Typical mid pack douche. Can't beat the guys who are willing to make sure their car is ready for battle every weekend. Never mind the fact they can drive the piss out of a car and they don't wear panties to work like you do.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

Gary

Fail
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Platis

Jim Platis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Number:06
Wow, I have been reading all this and it is unbelievable. I cannot comment on any of this as much as I would love to do so, firstly because I am friends with everyone and secondly I am everyone’s tire vendor. That being said, the biggest problem I have is with people making all sorts of comments under alias names, if you have something to say be a man about it and let everyone know who you are. Lastly, flyByYou, I am not sure you know these guys very well, specifically their driving ability, so I’ll tell you what, you and Alex can TT my Evo, you hand me the keys to your GT2, and title, you wreck it I own your car. Oh I don’t think Alex will even put a scratch on it so don’t worry about that. And I think we ALL should bring the checkbook for that one, I for one am in. Just in case you are wondering if the car is adequate for your taste, it currently holds the TTA track record at Sebring 2:22 and change, 2 regional championships and one national so I think you will find it to your liking.
  • Alex Bolanos and Andrew Charbonneau like this

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

Fail

Gary

Hey Von Crack Head,(That would be Mr. Crack Head to you) How could you talk about my 2nd year in Law school when after watching your statements did you even graduate High School?(He does not graduate from High School, High Schools graduate from him) I always believe that when you hang out with crap you are crap!(you're from South Miami) I will be in Sebring with my Gaydar on you by the way when do you start selling the cookies again? (sometime Friday afternoon) What is wrong with your grammar?(nothing is wrong with his grammar; everybody else understands it just fine). Why are you attacking me on the forum?(because you are a dick and make no sense) Is this the true you, remember I debate for a living and can see right through you. (no you are a South Miami Lawyer which means you chase ambulances for a living). What is the deal with your name am I supposed to know it?(if you knew anything about SM racing then you would know his name). Are you a famous race car driver in the pro circuit? I know I am not. (we can tell that from your post. No need to point it out). Am I supposed to be scared with you boasting about how big and bad you are as a driver, give me a break. Why are you attacking Lawyers? (because Lawyers are the laughing stock of the professional world; unless you are from Sebring; then you get a pass.) By the way my screen name is from my tag I had on my GT2 Porsche, do you have a problem with that too? (no problem it just tells most of us that you probably never learned to drive a race car). What’s with the stupid videos all the time, are you a kid or just mentally challenged? (I think even Andrew would admit to both of those). This is one reason why I might get out of Spec Miata because of people like you that think they are the best and a gift from God. Wake up my little child you are not, you are nothing. Please do us all some good and go back to school.

By the way did they check your rods, micro polished trans or crank for weight? What about any coatings on the running gears to reduce friction and temp. They pull your head to check the valves and the seats and bowls? The answer was no. I don’t trust you or some of these other front runners, you guys pull away from everyone just from power not exit speed. Put you in a reg car and you will be mid pack. I don’t blame the tech guys since they can only do so much but I do blame guys like you. (I hate to tell you, JR, and SR this but he was in a rental which would not even be a mid pack car at any National in the SE. All of our engines have been torn-down, transmissions, etc at one time or another. I believe in his National car he could have lapped Jr.

Sorry to get back to the forum so late but was on a motorcycle rally with my club to support the Wounded Warriors project and the military soldiers.( Its never to late to do something worthwhile with your life)
Gary

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users