Photo

So...Who won the Charby vs. Prodigy shootout in FLORIDA?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
280 replies to this topic

Derik Royal

Derik Royal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:251

In case you missed it the Ernie show is on a different thread. However he is disingenious about his exhaust. The other guy that was found to be non-compliant was a newbie who just bought the race car. He is still responible for his car but we all know that those kind of things can happen. It's not the same as putting your car together yourself knowing that the car was illegal. I have no doubt that his car will be compliant at the next race.

I am a cheater.

That was hard to type and even harder to imagine being the case before last Saturday. As a recent addition to the SM community, this is not what I had in mind for my coming out party. My car was the other car found to be non compliant during the initial tear down at the NASA FL event on Saturday. I will be the first to acknowledge that I am the one responsible for what is inside the car. I deserved to get DQ'ed for having a header that was blantantly massaged on the inside. That being said, I would have bet a significant amount of money just prior to removing the header that I was 100% legal. It is a new car to me and based on it's history I didn't think there would be any issues. Live and learn. I sincerly appreciate the effort that NASA FL put into the compliance testing this past weekend. I would much rather take the cheating beatdown at a local race among friends then six months down the road when I have much more time and money invested into a platform that I thought was good to go. Other than the whole cheating issue, it was a great weekend. Lots of drama and opportunities for emotional releases both good and bad. It was nice to get some crossover with the SCCA guys and get a feel for how far I need to go to be competitive. As someone relatively new to racing I've got no complaints about how i or anyone else was treated this weekend. The tech guys were extraordinarliy fair and helpful in helping me through this unpleasant event. Thanks to everyone who helped me get back on track after addressing my issues. (only one of which was cheater related)

I think John Edwards and I must both use Scott McKay as our public relations guy.

derik
  • john mueller, Joe (dad) Jordan, KentCarter and 4 others like this
derik

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

I am a cheater.

That was hard to type and even harder to imagine being the case before last Saturday. As a recent addition to the SM community, this is not what I had in mind for my coming out party. My car was the other car found to be non compliant during the initial tear down at the NASA FL event on Saturday. I will be the first to acknowledge that I am the one responsible for what is inside the car. I deserved to get DQ'ed for having a header that was blantantly massaged on the inside. That being said, I would have bet a significant amount of money just prior to removing the header that I was 100% legal. It is a new car to me and based on it's history I didn't think there would be any issues. Live and learn. I sincerly appreciate the effort that NASA FL put into the compliance testing this past weekend. I would much rather take the cheating beatdown at a local race among friends then six months down the road when I have much more time and money invested into a platform that I thought was good to go. Other than the whole cheating issue, it was a great weekend. Lots of drama and opportunities for emotional releases both good and bad. It was nice to get some crossover with the SCCA guys and get a feel for how far I need to go to be competitive. As someone relatively new to racing I've got no complaints about how i or anyone else was treated this weekend. The tech guys were extraordinarliy fair and helpful in helping me through this unpleasant event. Thanks to everyone who helped me get back on track after addressing my issues. (only one of which was cheater related)

I think John Edwards and I must both use Scott McKay as our public relations guy.

derik

well said cheater thats all ernie had to say lol
nice meeting you your a good egg in my book
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

I am a cheater.

derik

With your attitude you will be a great addition to the SM community! Great post man!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:57

I am a cheater.

derik

You did a great job this weekend and there is no doubt that you're going to continue to improve with both car prep and seat time. Your reaction and response to the technical infraction is exactly what many of us (Charb/Jamie/Myself and others) were hoping to hear from Breathless. Instead, we were all told to fudge off, threatened, and insulted because we questioned their legality.

See you at Sebring!
  • john mueller likes this

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

latapx

latapx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Derik, you've always been a stand up guy and it would surprise me to see you non-compliant. At least you are man enough to say you got caught "with the hookers" whether it was intentional or not. We need more folks like you in the sport.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Exactly, I'm pretty sure she already had cancer during all of the FARA, NASA, and Grand AM events where they ran illegal or questionable cars and proceeded to lie, cheat, and insult everyone involved.

Alex, I appreciate your enthusiasm but those races/events are done, please leave them out of the discussion... NASA Florida tech has made huge gains in a very short time and for one I am very impressed & pleased. Just take solace in the reality that it's good NOW and will get better.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Car Number:57

Alex, I appreciate your enthusiasm but what is done is just that, please leave it alone... NASA Florida tech has made huge gains in a very short time and for one I am very impressed & pleased. Just take solace in the reality that it's good NOW and will get better.

John, I appreciate your wisdom and suggestion but while I agree that NASA FL (and National for that matter) have made great strides, their success (and the subsequent exposure of cheaters) has absolutely nothing to do with the health of the cheater's family. What if one of the drivers of a legal car had a sick family member? Would that make any difference? Would he be more or less allowed to cheat?

The two issues are mutually exclusive, that's all I was alluding to.

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

Have we forgotten that this young man's mother is battling a life-threatening illness.

Shame on a bunch of you!

Please!
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Please!

Exactly

K. Webb