Photo

So...Who won the Charby vs. Prodigy shootout in FLORIDA?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
280 replies to this topic

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
He posted.....but not here........some BS about missing a couple of nubs.......

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

I will be very supprised if you see that ever Jamie, I don't think you teach a lesson you have never learned... Very tough, they dont hire coaches for a football team that never played the game.

I said it here first!!!!!
  • Alex Bolanos likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

I said it here first!!!!!

Imagine that, yet another parent not teaching personal accountability, very disappointing, but not surprizing :fuming:

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

He posted.....but not here........some BS about missing a couple of nuts.......

He might be missing a couple of Nuts but he has a lot of balls.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91
NASA kept the header, right? Let's see photos. "Missing a couple of nubs?" or smoothed and polished?

A couple of years ago, I got a replacement from Mazda Motorsports that was just gorgeous. Looked much better than normal. Made good power, too. Sadly, it cracked and the next one was just average. With this much variation in stock parts, we should allow cleaning of welds just like we allow head work. Just my 2 cents.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:97
In case you missed it the Ernie show is on a different thread. However he is disingenious about his exhaust. The other guy that was found to be non-compliant was a newbie who just bought the race car. He is still responible for his car but we all know that those kind of things can happen. It's not the same as putting your car together yourself knowing that the car was illegal. I have no doubt that his car will be compliant at the next race.

But here you go some info about the car. Last race at Sebring Jr was complaining the car was down a little on power at the higher rpm but he still won the race. We decided to go over the engine last week with new rings bearings etc. We also ordered a cylinder head from Gilfus Racing which came in Tuesday and put the engine together then on the dyno for 1hr. This was the first run for the car with the new engine to break it in. We did do the sniffer test and was at 9.1 which is low. Saturday I was on the phone with Gilfus Racing trying to find out what the problem was and if it was from the rings not fully seated or him not taking enough off the head. Even down on power he was able to place 6th with no draft partner. His times were about 1.2 seconds off the pace. He did get faster as he put more time on the engine. That was enough to put him just behind the front runners.

Oh if this is about a header that was not ported but missing 2 nubs in the exhaust port and otherwise normal. We changed it for them right away and wanted to that Patrick for pointing out the problem. You want to talk about porting the car next to us at tech had a fully ported header. We grabbed that header from a pile we had and stuck it on the car. Obviously it made no power since it was on for practice only and we changed it for qualifying and went faster. Not as bad as 5 out of the 8 cars racing in grand am not passing tech in practice.

SM is only a stepping stone for Jr. He is already set to race World Challenge and maybe grand Am next year. You know what I love about that is no one can touch the engines so it will be all about the drivers.

Jr is moving up to WC in B-Spec then ST. the team is also thinking about sticking him in a Corvette at the end of Next Year. SM is just a stepping stone for one year and that is it. His sponsor has him doing motivational speeches at a number of schools and appearances in on both TV and radio.

Ernie Francis
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

NASA kept the header, right? Let's see photos. "Missing a couple of nubs?" or smoothed and polished?

A couple of years ago, I got a replacement from Mazda Motorsports that was just gorgeous. Looked much better than normal. Made good power, too. Sadly, it cracked and the next one was just average. With this much variation in stock parts, we should allow cleaning of welds just like we allow head work. Just my 2 cents.

Kent there are pictures. I will try to get them but it was an obvous modification to the exhaust and one that I am sure Mike and Glenn would have bounced any one of us for if they were teching the car
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Great on NASA, to take the bull by horns on this one, nobody likes to have to pull sh%t apart for a regional meaninless race, but when there is this many accusations and this much drama repeatedly it requires actions! I appluad the efforts... Great job NASA!!!!

I hope Ron Alan can come do some spell checking and proof reading for me... I know I probably spelled a word wrong and need some help from an English teaching Marine!!!!!

Make no mistake.. all of these races are pretty meaningless :)
  • JBlaisdell likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

sorry jim not true braging rights, stepping stone for ernie jr and toyo bucks
you big pound of butter
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Haha sure didnt sound that way after your win at ATL yesterday... LOL or the ramp up to it.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

sorry jim not true braging rights, stepping stone for ernie jr and toyo bucks
you big pound of butter

To quote the best philosopher IN SM, Mark Bennett..

"Short of you, me and about 15 other Douchebags, no body even knows what a Sm race is, let alone gives a shit about who won "

That may be paraphrasing, but pretty accurate :)

Jim
  • john mueller, JBlaisdell, Sacslider and 3 others like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Haha sure didnt sound that way after your win at ATL yesterday... LOL or the ramp up to it.

Didn't say not fun or that we all don't want to win.. but in grand scale pretty meaningless

I know this is good for the site, but I am torn. :crying2: As a father of a 15 year boy, I feel for JR. Post what you will, but remember we are dealing with a kid here, despite your opinions of senior and what was or wasn't illegal. He is still a kid.
  • john mueller and Joe (dad) Jordan like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Didn't say not fun or that we all don't want to win.. but in grand scale pretty meaningless

I know this is good for the site, but I am torn. :crying2: As a father of a 15 year boy, I feel for JR. Post what you will, but remember we are dealing with a kid here, despite your opinions of senior and what was or wasn't illegal. He is still a kid.

yes please read my first post shall i quote myself

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

yes please read my first post shall i quote myself

Do you really think I can "read" your posts? :wave2:

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

lol i sure cant read them after i write them

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Ok ask , what it think mr fancies do you want to know I'm wondering if you care don't think you do sad that a 14 year old has more class then you. Is that really your son . Before you get pissed about that statement I was adopted.
Met my real dad one day in my life not sure how that turned me out but I don't cheat. You got caught you owe a lot of people An apology If you do not openly give a reason for your actions the only person who will suffer is your son.
I watched you all weekend not impressed
Your new team name should be speeachlees
Your son will do better without your influence in my opinon sorry but that is what I feel take it for the future
I think you owe a lot of I'm sorry and please forgive me today don't wait you might save face
Andrew charbonneau just in case you forgot
  • JBlaisdell likes this

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
just like i said i was sorry to rob and the mods lol

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:57

Sorry but I'm not buying this. If he's old enough to get in a car and race at over 100mph with me and 20+ other people, he's man enough to deal with the issues that may arise from doing so. Whether it's crashing, cheating, lying, insulting, he has to be held at least partly accountable for his actions. "Kids" having an immunity shield to remove their accountability is part of what's wrong with this country's youth. His dad has claimed many times that he works on his own car, you're telling me he doesn't know what's going on? Come on.
  • JBlaisdell, Rob Burgoon and latapx like this

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Sorry but I'm not buying this. If he's old enough to get in a car and race at over 100mph with me and 20+ other people, he's man enough to deal with the issues that may arise from doing so. Whether it's crashing, cheating, lying, insulting, he has to be held at least partly accountable for his actions. "Kids" having an immunity shield to remove their accountability is part of what's wrong with this country's youth. His dad has claimed many times that he works on his own car, you're telling me he doesn't know what's going on? Come on.

+ 1 Very well stated Alex.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users