Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

Thanks Rob. Looks like someone screwed up for sure.

Regarding Laguna...We split running in the sound window with SRF every other event. It could easily be scheduled in which we are not in the 90db sound window in which case 101db is your limit which isn't an issue...unless there is heavy fog which can create havoc for many. But the expense for a muffler(that still makes power)certainly would be minimal when all things are considered for anyone who has never run Laguna and makes the trip. Don't be so quick to f**k everything Rob :wave2:

You just said it. If I was to cross the country for a race, I don't want to find out who hit his muffler tuning perfectly or be surprised by cloud cover. Laguna is an uphill dyno anyway. Sears Point is the track for this.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

I hope for next year this truly turns into the "West Coast Sprints" or some title like that it deserves. SCCA National needs to do something to throw the West coast a bone. Not to take anything away from the recent event a little south of here but a true CA or west coast event has to be held at Sonoma or Laguna to attract a few deep pockets to come West!! ;)

Or some shallow pockets. Some Texas folks are looking for an excuse to pack up and travel to the West Coast but the lack of National weekends has limited our options. Still praying for an Laguna/Sonoma back to back weekend to justify 2,000 mile one way tow.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

NV Racer

NV Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:70
That whole double yellow had me also. Got it at T7 and gone by T10 but waited until T11 just to be sure. The region needs to address this, drivers need to have clarity with respect to the flags. The last thing you want is someone not trusting a flag and failing to slow down.
Dennis

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:51
Although the momentary full course caution was a debacle, let's not let it tarnish a really great weekend of racing, which was otherwise handled pretty well. The Festival race organization & podium celebration was unique & very cool.  In hindsight, they should've just let the national racers run the Festival based on their overall finishing positions in the earlier two races. Props to Ken, Matt, & Jason for running the Festival race despite having to start at the back & on Toyos.  After such a long weekend I can't be sure I would've done that. Thanks to the SoCal & other Oregon guys for coming also. Having all of you there helped make this the biggest & best race of the year. 

Another thing that made this event special was the 18 lap races mandated by national rules. I was critical of the format, but I think it worked out better than anyone expected. I hope SCCA SFR makes the "Sonoma Sprints" an annual event, with or without the national component, but including the SM Festival. 

Toyos vs Hoosiers - where are we now? Ken was in a good position to win race 1 until ...  I was in a good position to win race 2 until the partial full course caution (video coming). At the front of the pack, cars on both tires raced closely in both races. Qualifying however was another story, with a clear advantage to the Hoosiers. If there's one thing we might be able to agree on, it's that new or one cycle Hoosiers can do one lap that is +/- 0.5 second faster than anything.

The worst part of the partial full course caution was that every SM racer I talked to said that from now on they won't slow down on FCC's until there's a pace car. This thing cost me a likely race win, which I'm pissed about, but that's nothing compared to the potential future repercussions.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34
For your amusement: the dive bomb extraordinaire:

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
I hope David or Phil will post up this accident from Davids car...classic!! This would not be to try and embarrass the driver by the way. I'm sure he immediately knew his mistake and everyone moves on after a little "OMG" I will have a couple other similar videos to post soon!

Juan...post this up in the video thread that was started also.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
The rookie bomber immediately admitted fault and was very apologetic. A nice kid way over his head on this one. A little bit of fun here is fair punishment, IMHO. :)

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

For your amusement: the dive bomb extraordinaire:

-Juan

Oy... :(
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42
Damn it would be nice to get past the 21 second mark without it freezing up..
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

plane

plane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Number:71
I think he takes lessons from his dad. His dad was doing some pretty amazing braking and had his fair share of "fun" but without incident to other than himself. Afterward we had the classic speed into the corner versus speed out of the corner discussion.

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
@Todd, you see the HD in blue at the bottom near the right corner? Click that to turn off HD. That should work better with slower computer/internet.

trekkor

trekkor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
Sorry about the shortened race, Juan.

Did you make any races on Sunday?

KT
Crew for Todd Tagget #42 ( future co-driver! )
Let me set your tile!~ http://www.willstile.com

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Hey Tekkor, I did make both races on Sunday. But because I got knocked out of the first race, and missed Q2 due to damage, I started in the back for both. Will post videos soon.

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
My Sunday festival race starting 44th. Please, let's just get this baby home in one piece...

Enjoy!
-Juan

tahoez

tahoez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Car Number:62
JUAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Car Number:12

Or some shallow pockets. Some Texas folks are looking for an excuse to pack up and travel to the West Coast but the lack of National weekends has limited our options. Still praying for an Laguna/Sonoma back to back weekend to justify 2,000 mile one way tow.

You could have run our Sonoma Sprints (double Rational) and the following weekend ran the Super Tour event at Portland Int'l Raceway?
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Car Number:12

The Festival race organization & podium celebration was unique & very cool. In hindsight, they should've just let the national racers run the Festival based on their overall finishing positions in the earlier two races. Props to Ken, Matt, & Jason for running the Festival race despite having to start at the back & on Toyos. After such a long weekend I can't be sure I would've done that. Thanks to the SoCal & other Oregon guys for coming also. Having all of you there helped make this the biggest & best race of the year.

I'm biased but I agree. I've been to a couple of big shows and I think this was a great weekend. I'm also proud that we ran mostly green and people kept their cool (for the most part...) Big thanks to the Southern California and Oregon guys for coming up and down to battle it out. Grant Westmoreland said they now had a hit off our crack pipe up here and would be back so I'm hopeful we'll get more chances in the future to see who is the fastest in the west.

I want to give a shot out to everyone on the SMAC for their work in equalizing the cars. I think you can throw a blanket over the cars now with the reduced plate and weight on the 99s. The disadvantage and advantage I had at Sears and Laguna respectively have been evened out and it was close fighting with all the variations.

The worst part of the partial full course caution was that every SM racer I talked to said that from now on they won't slow down on FCC's until there's a pace car. This thing cost me a likely race win, which I'm pissed about, but that's nothing compared to the potential future repercussions.

That would be a mistake. The yellows are there to keep everyone safe. I have been incorrectly flagged which cost me a podium so I understand your pain. We are looking in to what happened with the Double Yellow. It appears to have been a miscommunication but I will share what we learn.
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

You could have run our Sonoma Sprints (double Rational) and the following weekend ran the Super Tour event at Portland Int'l Raceway?

I was hoping to have the races a little closer together but it is/was an option. Round trip woud be 4,900 miles.....
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Is that a new technique with the 9 oclock 1 oclock hand possitioning?

K. Webb