July Sprints Registration is open!!!

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
The July Sprints NYSRRC/NARRC Registration is opening in 40 minutes! Are you going?

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
Nice. Motorsports reg or dlb?

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Number:65
Vick, I'm likely coming up to run... haven't been to the Glen in years. Looks like registration via MotorSportsReg.

Can anyone fill me in on where I can find the supps? ... run groups, etc.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Number:65
Found them... http://www.glen-scca...Sprints2012.pdf
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46
No SM2? SM running with EP/GTL?

Hope the stars align, and I can come. :prayer:
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Number:12?
Just saw the same thing....no sm2?

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Ken Quartuccio

Ken Quartuccio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Region:New England
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:23
I would email them because guys are running points with Narrc in sm2
I did that last year and they added STL

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
There is only one Sprints... and it isn't in July :)
  • tburas56 likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:12

Nice. Motorsports reg or dlb?

MotorsportReg.com (like all good regions. *cough* *cough*)

http://www.motorspor...92A6BC1C27A1836
  • dstevens likes this
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

OMG. :rolleyes: The sun doesn't rise and set in Wisconsin.

I presume you'll come to the National at the Glen, then...right Jim? Come see your old car. I'm sure there will be some Northeast guys (not me) who would love to race a competitive East Street machine.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

OMG. :rolleyes: The sun doesn't rise and set in Wisconsin.

I presume you'll come to the National at the Glen, then...right Jim? Come see your old car. I'm sure there will be some Northeast guys (not me) who would love to race a competitive East Street machine.

I have never been, would like to go, but when they made it a single this year, that took that option away. The Florida guys went last year, I would love to go there at some point

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Yup - so sad to see that race become a single. Doesnt make the trip worthwhile. If it was a double you would find several SE cars making the trip. Awesome track, and my horrendous 2010 crash into Mike Collins has not dampened my enthusiasm for the track in any way. Really disappointed to not be going there this year,

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

I have never been, would like to go, but when they made it a single this year, that took that option away. The Florida guys went last year, I would love to go there at some point

I agree, as do longtime Northeast National guys. Watkins Glen is a classic track, and doing away with the "Double National" is a disservice. I think the addition of the Trans-Am race to the schedule is the reason it was "demoted". Hopefully next year it will be back as a double.
Domm Leuci

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Guys, SM2 to be added. Don't be turned away on that account.

As for the former Double National (I promise I will not get on my usual rant for the Double, so I will only say this once), if you want it back, DEMAND IT BACK, or if you don't want it back demand that too. Contact the NorthEast Division National Racing Committee (NRC) and let them know how you feel about the subject. You can contact them at: http://www.nediv.com...iv-nrc-contacts

As for the July Sprints, hope to see you all there!

Ed...

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Oh and, just to clarify, as for the Glen National.....TransAm did NOT remove the Double. TransAm was added after the double was voted away.

Now back to your regular scheduled racing.....

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Oh and, just to clarify, as for the Glen National.....TransAm did NOT remove the Double. TransAm was added after the double was voted away.

Now back to your regular scheduled racing.....

Ok, great info...that was just a guess on my part. I won't post my other theory of why it was changed to a single.

Can I ask "by whom", "how", and "why" the double was voted away? I don't know the details of how these things work, but I'd like to. After seeing what the turnout is for this years National, I'll contact NEDiv NRC and cast my vote.

I live down the road, and love the Glen. Since it's too far east to ever host the Runoffs, I'd like to see it's National be as prestigious as possible. If being a double will attract more participants, then that's what I'll support.

As for regulary scheduled racing...looks like I might make the "Sprints" now. :)
Domm Leuci

Mike L

Mike L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Region:65
  • Car Number:27

Guys, SM2 to be added. Don't be turned away on that account.

Hi Ed, guessing that SM2 will be in the same group as SSM? Or is that a question to your better half? :duck:
Mike Lo

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
I believe they will only have one double a year in that division and they move it around

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

Yep, and it's the Knoxville Nationals...... opps, wrong kind of sprints.... ;)
  • svvs likes this

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

I believe they will only have one double a year in that division and they move it around

Jim

Double at WGI in 2010. Doubles at WGI and Pocono in 2011. Double at Nelson Ledges in 2012 (7 SMs).

Jim, maybe you and your peeps should vote for 2013. I might just sit and watch. ;)
Domm Leuci

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users