DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

Hi Ed, guessing that SM2 will be in the same group as SSM? Or is that a question to your better half? :duck:

That would be helpful to those who want to double dip.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
SM2...I can not 'officially' answer what group it will be in. It is in the works to be added, and yes that would be a question for the wonderful, intelligent, good looking, Race Chair. I am sure (speaking as an entrant) that it will be added.........

To answer the posted question regarding as for why the Glen National Double went away, the controlling body of that decision is the NeDiv NRC (National Racing Committee). It is made up of REs or their Reps from each of the National Racing regions in the NorthEast Division. The Committee decided that instead of continuing the Double at the Glen, it would be reduced to single so that it would not pull entrants away from the other regions hosting Nationals. Whichever way you feel on the subject, please let your RE and the NRC members know what you want.

Now back to the racing....

Justin Baltrucki

Justin Baltrucki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:54
Just signed up for SSM. Had a blast chasing you at the enduro last year.

I am looking for some traqmate data for WGI if anyone is willing to share. I just got the setup this season, so I don't have any reference data.
Ran a 2:25 last year up there in the enduro - It just took me 4 hours to figure out a big draft was needed up the back straight. Hoping I can freshen up with some video, and get back to speed a bit quicker this year.

Also considering a double dip SSM to SM or SM2

Mike L

Mike L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Region:65
  • Car Number:27
Dave Gran and I will be running the same car and will have Traqmate data, and i'm happy to share.
Mike Lo

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
Anyone else notice the Motorsportreg.com "Attendee List" seems to be malfunctioning? There doesn't appear to be a full list of SM's.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:65
Domm, you are correct. I thought it was simply my computer, but same issue on two different machines. I'm sure it will be figured out in short order.

Looking forward to running this event for the first time.

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Seems to be working now? Ed...

Mike L

Mike L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Still something funky going on, maybe because the Race Group 6 became 7A? I still have a receipt for confirmed registration in Motorsports Reg from June 30th when I signed up for G6 but now it's not showing up in the attendee list. I'm sure it'll get worked out, just have to remember to bring my confirm...
Mike Lo

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
Yeah, there's 7 SM's listed under 2 "groups". Pro IT says 31 entries, but only 1 is shown. I realize there was a day when you had to mail in your entry, and you only found out who the other competitors were when you showed up to the track. It's just fun to see who else is coming, and can influence what groups to run.

Plus I'm trying to figure out why I can't get "46" for SM2. I don't see anyone else with it in group 3. Mail-in?
Domm Leuci

BKJ

BKJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:Mohawk Hudson
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:08
What were the race results?

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
BK, are you asking about the National Results?

All, I know we are having some issues with Motorsports Reg. Please contact the Registar, Cheryl Boynton with any problems.

Thanks, Ed...

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

What were the race results?

National? Elivan won. Nick was 2nd. Yannis wrecked. I was like 11th or 12th. First National there. Very pleased. Wish there was more than 19 cars, though.
Domm Leuci

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
For the July Sprints...the supps have changed. SM is now group 7A, instead of 6. What does that mean? Was it just to switch group 6 & 7 so that people could double dip in group 5 and SM?
Domm Leuci

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
When groups are deleted for consolidated for a more effect event after the supps are released and entries accepted, the SOM's have to approve the creation of a 'new' group, thus the 7A (instead of 6).

All, please use the resources available to you. If you have questions about registration, contact the registrar. If you have questions about the event, contact the Race Chair. If you have specific rule questions about the event, contact the Chief Steward. None of us mind giving our two cents, but remember it is NOT an official reply.

Thanks, Ed.

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
Hey all, just spoke with the race chair.

She just wanted to let everyone know that the test day and race weekend are on. WGI will be doing a re-pave after our races, not before.

So come on out! It's going to be a fun time.

-Vick

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Mike L

Mike L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I'm there! Whew, didn't even know there was that potential! Thanks!
Mike Lo

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
How extensive with this repaving be? Just touch-up work on turn 9 or something bigger?
Domm Leuci

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Paving will be the transitions on/off the concrete on the Short Course...

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Hope all had a great time, I know I did. Not my best, but really good racing with Dave Gran and #26SSM. Hope to see you'll at the Fun One in September!

Ed...

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Number:99
Hopefully we you will hold a real double national next year! Best event on the calendar, that new format is misserable, and many uf us wrote notes, as well as skipped this years event. Ed, do you know if our voices were heard?

K. Webb