July Sprints Registration is open!!!

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
As for the Glen National, please, please, please..... voice your concerns to the National Racing Committee (NRC) of the NorthEast Division. www.nescca.com is where you will find a link (in the club racing tab) to contact the entire NRC via email. Please voice your concerns there to make a difference. The NRC is body that can change things to a double....

Ed...

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:65
I can't speak to the national event, but the July Sprints were a ton of fun.

My first time running with the Glen region. Extremely accomodating staff (THANK YOU Cheryl and Cheryl)... even went so far as to chase me down on Sunday with a cash refund for innocent overcharge in entry fees.

Racing was awesome, even in the mid pack for yours truly. (...still needs to find some speed at that special track lined with those "blue bushes.")

Big shout out to Nick and the Flatout Motorsports boys! Thank you all.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike L

Mike L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Region:65
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:27
Mitch, I was in the blue #27 Kessler Engineering car - great running with you and Steve U.! Nice clean (and tight!) racing the entire 12 laps, felt like I was the meat in the middle of a Flatout sandwich. :D

Mike Lo
aka "Dave Gran" :)
aka "Your Name Here" :)
Mike Lo

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Number:46

Hope all had a great time, I know I did. Not my best, but really good racing with Dave Gran and #26SSM. Hope to see you'll at the Fun One in September!

Ed...

Ed, I had a great time. Hope to be back September and October.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Number:12?
It was definitely a well run weekend, even if the race chair was a late arrival Sunday morning :duck: . The SM and SM2/SSM class seemed to run very well and clean. No problems from my point of view, and some of the best racing I've ever had.

Was interesting chasing a crafty driver on toyos while I was on hoosiers in SM2. He definitely pulled me on straights, while I reeled him in at some of the corners. Really put a new element into the racing! I'm probably on Toyo's for the rest of the year just because I need to burn up old stock.

What happened in the Pro-IT start? I was up in the turn 11 grandstand watching....couldn't see the details. edit to add the following link:

From one of the SSM cars....don't know what caused it but certainly a tough break for him.

Edited by Vicktor Volpe, 07-23-2012 05:33 PM.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
Grrr, that's depressing. These starts are crazy mid pack and back. People hang back and just start coming when they think they can. Plus, there are those with (radios) and those without (radios). Add different classes to the mix, and you have significant speed differentials with 40+ cars. Just a bummer when that happens on the front straight.

I hope those cars get well soon.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Number:65

Mitch, I was in the blue #27 Kessler Engineering car - great running with you and Steve U.! Nice clean (and tight!) racing the entire 12 laps, felt like I was the meat in the middle of a Flatout sandwich. :D

Mike Lo
aka "Dave Gran" :)
aka "Your Name Here" :)

Hey Mike! Appreciate the kind words. I agree, great racing. NIce to put a name with a car. You had me all day long through the boot and up to the front straight, nice driving.

Justin Baltrucki

Justin Baltrucki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:54
Had a great time up there as always at the Glen it was nice meeting some of the people on here and putting a face with the name.
I didn't have pace to run with the leaders in SSM, but I had a nice clean race for 3rd with Stewart Hawkins on saturday.
Sunday race start I got shuffled back to 5th. Ed and stewart had a huge run on the start and I ended up playing with SM2's for the rest of the race.

Saturday was clean except for the volvo/miata crash in the boot.
I was 3 cars back from that if anyone is interested in the video I put it online.

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=jPORXMf9LOU

SM was fun for seat time and I didn't see any contact, I guess it helps when you can go 4 wide through turn 1 with all the runoff.

EDIT: Added the sunday race to you tube as well Domm you are in this one :) - briefly though.

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Dave and I had a good plan during Saturday morning qualifying.....until the Volvo started to fog everything. Sat Qualifying race was a let down as I had a GREAT start moving up to 2nd until about the 5th lap when Lightning would not go into 3rd in T6 and T7. Worked my way back up to 5th. Sunday I started farther back than my lap times would have me, but that is racing! Had a great battle with #26 and Dave after he returned from his spin. Three wide through the Esses.....Yeeehaw!

svvs

svvs

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
Three wide through the esses! eeep.

Found these pics on the improved touring forum. Some really good ones in there.

http://abudiphotogra...-international/

-Vick

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
In-car cameras and Youtube really shed some light on these races. Oh, that poor Miata that got assaulted by the Volvo in the boot. What a shame.

460+ pics, and not one of my little car. :crying2:

Sadly, I didn't reserve a garage soon enough and was banished (is that the right word?) to some piece of grass over by the Pyramid. It was too much work to get around to find everyone. Brandon stopped by to cordially discuss my defensive move on the last lap of the SM2 race. It was nice to meet him, and hopefully I don't have to make up for stupid mistakes in the prior corner the next time our paths cross.
Domm Leuci

Cheryl Zebrowski

Cheryl Zebrowski

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Dave and I had a good plan during Saturday morning qualifying.....until the Volvo started to fog everything. Sat Qualifying race was a let down as I had a GREAT start moving up to 2nd until about the 5th lap when Lightning would not go into 3rd in T6 and T7. Worked my way back up to 5th. Sunday I started farther back than my lap times would have me, but that is racing! Had a great battle with #26 and Dave after he returned from his spin. Three wide through the Esses.....Yeeehaw!

I think that you did remarkably well despite having me call the race for you!
Many thanks to everyone who came, and a special shout-out to Vicktor who brought a great cure-all for me on Sunday morning.

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
Thanks Justin...fun to watch. I had a wedding to attend Friday night, and got to the track too late on Saturday to make SM2 qualifying. Started 45th for the qual race on Saturday. It's kinda odd moving through the IT cars, and even some SSM's. You think people see you, but then realize maybe not. It was fun though.
Domm Leuci

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
All,

I have to say that one of the things I love about the Mazda community is our attitude. On this forum everyone had a good weekend, complimented the hard work of the Race Chair and others. Gave thank you gifts to the RC. Etc.

Odd is it not, that on other forums the Weekend was horribly run, the volunteer workers were mean and not understanding, the region uses 'foolish logic' in its operation of the weekend. etc, etc, etc.

Could be that going 'Zoom-Zoom' actually makes you a happier person?

Ed.
  • Cheryl Zebrowski likes this

svvs

svvs

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
I know I'm a little late, but here's my highlight reel from the SM2 qual race. It was a lot of fun running up front. Incident free except for the FOM car that went in.

Vick
www.volko.com

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
That looks like way more fun that weaving through ITB's. I wish I had qualified Saturday AM. I'm gonna try again to post videos. Not sure why it didn't work before.

I hate turn 6. It's so easy to make a mistake, and there's no room for error.

Love your video Vic, just wish the viewing angle was wider. ;)
Domm Leuci

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
Ok, let's see if this works. This was the video from my SM2 qualifying race. Since it was a short race, the only thing edited out is the caution laps.

http://youtu.be/jMN-6cDyKqY
Domm Leuci

svvs

svvs

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
The hand motions are priceless. That's awesome. And man, you were busy.

Vick
www.volko.com

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
Ok, here's the Sunday race...with a little commentary.

http://youtu.be/x9U08WT6zyE
Domm Leuci

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users