Photo

Inaugural "Romp on The Ridge" July 27-28-29- Dbl Regional.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
Juan,
It would be great to see you but FYI, as fun as this track is you won't be able to see any of it. The whole thing is up on a ridge (go figure with the name and all.) The paddock area is down along the front straight and it's so new, there is no access to anything but the front straight for viewing. On one end of the front straight you can see a series of 3 turns that drop about 200 feet. A half mile down the straight you can see a very fast corner that climbs back up the ridge. All the best stuff is only viewable inside a car or from a turn station that spectators can't get to.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68
Who's fast?

I hear Will got some practice time earlier this week :D Anybody best his times yet?

-bw
  • Michael Colangelo likes this

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Michael Colangelo

Michael Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Region:Southern California
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:23

Who's fast?

I hear Will got some practice time earlier this week :D Anybody best his times yet?

-bw

Lots of fast guys here. Just not me. :(

Will got into the 1:57s yesterday which is awesome. Thats probably the Spec Miata record. The race was fun, even in the back where I was!

The Ridge is such an awesome track. Keeps you busy at all times. Your only break is along the front straight.

Bruce, you should drop by for Sunday's race.

Michael Colangelo

Michael Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Region:Southern California
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:23
I'm surprised nobody has posted a post-race report yet.

All I can say is that, as my first Spec Miata race in three years and my second SCCA race ever (I normally race with Conference), I had a blast. The Ridge is such a great track. It's my new favorite. I was one of the back markers but had a LOT of fun racing with Jim and Bill at the back of the pack. :rockband:

From my vantage point, the racing seemed to be pretty clean and "heads up". I'm not aware of any significant damage to any of the SMs on either race day. Kudos to all the SM drivers out there!

Congrats to Will and Matt for their wins on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. You guys looked great when you lapped me! :wave2:

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
I think Will still has the record for the fastest time, and also the farthest off the track. :king: Will, Ken, Matt and Jason were all blazing fast. Kyle did awesome and qualified 4th Sunday I believe. Lots of people had great times and there was some great racing going on. Many people have been saying this is their new favorite course, myself included.

It still feels pretty sketchy at times with the blind turns, hill crests while turning, driving blind through dirt clouds behind people who dropped a wheel and it's not the easiest place to pass but DAMN it's fun!!!
  • Michael Colangelo likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:44
Most fun weekend I've ever had. I was feeling so sick on Saturday I'm rather blown away I completed both races without losing the little amounts I ate. Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support over the weekend. Our car developed a problem during our SM race on Sunday so that might put us out for a while.

I'll have video of Tom and I during the STL race on Sat. We had so much fun.
  • Michael Colangelo and Derrick Ambrose like this

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jason Rawlins

Jason Rawlins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Car Number:20
Here's my video for Race 1... Lots of Action!!! Enjoy! http://youtu.be/Kv59oylD7Fw
  • dstevens and Derrick Ambrose like this

Derrick Ambrose

Derrick Ambrose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Car Year:2011
  • Car Number:71
I really enjoyed running the Mazda 2 at the ridge. Did anyone get any shots of the 2 or the fit going through corner 3 on two wheels?

-Derrick
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
Check Doug's pics http://dougberger.ze...or-nwr-july2012

Looks like he only shot Sunday in 8B but caught some good action. I haven't looked through the other run groups though.

Derrick Ambrose

Derrick Ambrose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Car Year:2011
  • Car Number:71

Check Doug's pics http://dougberger.ze...or-nwr-july2012

Looks like he only shot Sunday in 8B but caught some good action. I haven't looked through the other run groups though.

I went looking this morning through the pictures but I didnt see any shots like that. I didn't have a forward facing camera going or I would have some great video of the Fit leaving the ground cutting the corner.

-Derrick
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
I think he's still uploading. I looked again just now and he has Sat. too.
  • Derrick Ambrose likes this

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
I've been trying to upload my Sunday Group 4 race for two days to Vimeo...getting frustrated as I already have over 30 videos on file. Hopefully soon....Video does not lie...you certainly can see where the mistakes are made. Nice save at 11 for the pass by the way Keith....quite a dust cloud you sent up as you will see. Best I have ever seen you race!

Bill-
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999

Here's my video for Race 1... Lots of Action!!! Enjoy! http://youtu.be/Kv59oylD7Fw

Thanks Jason....not often we get to see how the really good ones motor around. Will certainly watch it often before my next race there on the 11th with Conference. Great seeing you as always!

Bill-
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
Nice job Jason! Nothing wrong with being patient and seizing a few opportunities ;) Will's car sure had some squirt. Any post race discussion that can be shared? Did Will spin off on his own the first time or contact? The 2nd incident looks like Will put his car in there...maybe not in control? Or did Ken just come down on him? Hard to tell in the video but seems someone just didn't leave racing room...to bad. Video from 1 of you top Northern guys is great! Keep them coming :D

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Number:44
http://youtu.be/adsaxXTv7oo

Here's my In-car from my battle with Tom on Saturday. I was still feeling rather sick so I think the fastest lap here was a 00.8, started the race on cold tires since scrubbing was making me want to throw up.

In other news, found the cooling system problem, a hose clamp stripped out, has been replaced and no more leaking. Just need clutch and tires for next weekend!
  • Derrick Ambrose likes this

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Joy of 6

Joy of 6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
Jason,
Nice drive! Looks like you got within about 30 feet of a victory
Ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users