Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

There is no such rule.

It only exists in the mind of young Ernie...

So.. NASA florida needs to update their website then since it has a regional rule that isn't recognized as a regional rule?
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Those who don't understand our rules and their importance... are encouraged to go drive elsewhere, and may soon find themselves with no other choice.

Thank you,

Jon Felton
(Director, NASA FL)

I am not sure that I understand the proper context of this statement? Are you saying for anyone who has anything contrary to say on here, or that cannot follow your rules at your events? It almost seems to me as like a threat if I anyone publicaly disagrees with you, you will not allow them to enter one of your events... Maybe it is just way I interpreted it? I sure hope I have it wrong. I have had disagreements with some various things over the last couple years that my NASA region has done, I have never been told by the NASA dirrector to find another place to race, I believe he is a big enough man that we can agree to disagree, but he enforces the rules, and I have to follow those rules. It is simple If I dont like it I can Spend my money elsewhere. I still show up to race with NASA in my region, as I know the way it is and I can live with it.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

getfast

getfast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts
Where on the NASA FL site do you see this rule?

getfast

getfast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

I am not sure that I understand the proper context of this statement? Are you saying for anyone who has anything contrary to say on here, or that cannot follow your rules at your events? It almost seems to me as like a threat if I anyone publicaly disagrees with you, you will not allow them to enter one of your events... Maybe it is just way I interpreted it? I sure hope I have it wrong. I have had disagreements with some various things over the last couple years that my NASA region has done, I have never been told by the NASA dirrector to find another place to race, I believe he is a big enough man that we can agree to disagree, but he enforces the rules, and I have to follow those rules. It is simple If I dont like it I can Spend my money elsewhere. I still show up to race with NASA in my region, as I know the way it is and I can live with it.

Disagree all you want, on a forum or in person. Those who know me... know that my email inbox & phone number are always available for all polite and respectful discussions, both positive and negative.

And no threats here, just facts: anyone who cannot follow our rules at an event, especially with regard to section 23.1, won't be running with NASA for very long because their comp license will go home in my pocket not theirs. Sorry if it seemed like I was saying otherwise - the context was relative to driving infractions and related paddock discussions.

We remain committed to making our events the best & safest they can be. Those who can't understand the importance of such things are simply not welcome.

Thanks again to all who come out and support us and understand what we're trying to do in NASA FL!

Jon

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990

He was dealt with, and there were ramifications. He's the one to tell you about it, not me.

Jon,

If you are the head honcho for NASA Florida, it's perfectly reasonable for you to tell us what you did. This isn't elementary school. This is racing. Officials' actions should be public.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Disagree all you want, on a forum or in person. Those who know me... know that my email inbox & phone number are always available for all polite and respectful discussions, both positive and negative.

And no threats here, just facts: anyone who cannot follow our rules at an event, especially with regard to section 23.1, won't be running with NASA for very long because their comp license will go home in my pocket not theirs. Sorry if it seemed like I was saying otherwise - the context was relative to driving infractions and related paddock discussions.

We remain committed to making our events the best & safest they can be. Those who can't understand the importance of such things are simply not welcome.

Thanks again to all who come out and support us and understand what we're trying to do in NASA FL!

Jon

Thank you for your response, and clearing up my clear misconception of how you intended your comment.

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Where on the NASA FL site do you see this rule?

Nevermind, I thought you were talking about the real the metal on metal regional rule. My mistake.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Jon, can you please either elaborate or debunk the stated rule about presenting the vid of your on track incedent with your competitor in the paddock, without a race official present? Thanks

K. Webb

CarbonRacer

CarbonRacer

Autotechnik's Red Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:56
Just to clear some of the rumors up,
This is Jr speaking and I would like to not be pounded for what posting.

First off, the contact in turn 17.
It was the last lap and a battle for the podium spot. I am trying to redeem myself after a poor showing at Homestead where my car performed less then expected due to a major leakage in the head, I believe some where around 18%. Anyway, we went into 17 within a car length and I knew I had to make a move now. Remember the track was damp and it was drizzling. I accidentally gave a bump, but no problem he did not go sideways. I went to the inside and you see my car disappear, because I am along side him, My car got loose do to the massive bumps on Sebring. I slid up but there was no room, we made contact and we both slid into the barrier with little damage. We continued on the cross the line me 4th and Nick 3rd.

This is the way I remember it.
- I was bumped in the Brake Zone which made me loose with the wet conditions. The car should be under control so that there is no Bumping in the Brake Zone which would result in hitting the wall prior to the bridge at one of the fastest corners at Sebring. I have hit the wall in the past prior to the bridge and destroyed one race car already including sustaining injuries to myself.
- The car in question WAS NOT ALONG SIDE ME, rather the contact marks are behind my right rear tire.
- The "bumps" in Turn 17 are not unfamiliar to someone like yourself that has raced this track many times before. I had a feeling you were not going to lift or your car was not going to stay under control so I even moved over an additional lane to give you more room to avoid any contact.

When we go to the impound the first thing I do is get out and walk over to Nick. I tell him, I am sorry, it was a racing incident, the track was slippery and we got together. By the way we were clean the entire rest of the race. He tells me it was MY fault completely, I agree I am not innocent, but I am not taking the entire blame. He also said I should not have tried to pass him and it was low percentage. That was not right, I tried to apologize and this is what I get. Alex at least had the decency to come over and say sorry for on the first lap where he pushed me off. Thank you. I then just walked away.

- When you walked over in impound you did not apologize and started the conversation by making excuses saying your car hit bumps, etc.... The right thing to do would have been to apologize first and then explain.

Lets say 30 minutes later Nick ALONE, comes by our trailer and takes out his laptop, he then shows me the video his entire thing was started about and said it was my fault. Now if I recall, a fellow driver is not allowed to come over and blame another driver with out an official. So we got report this to our race director and Nick gets a slap on the wrist.

- I drove up to the Breathless Camp and rolled my window down and asked if Jr. was available because I wanted to show him the video for the purpose of teaching Jr. how to prevent this in the future.
- I was not ALONE, my girlfriend was with me witnessing the attempted conversation. Jr. and Sr walked over to my truck as I proceeded to start showing the video Sr. made a comment that the bump in the brake zone did not make me spin. Before the video was finished Sr. became agitated and said I cut Jr. off in Turn 1 and he witnessed it. He then said angrily that if it was him he "would have clipped me and taken me out." He then proceeded to take his son back to their trailer while he was screaming out profanities, not only in front of his 14 year old, but in front of a female.

I will post a video of Nick trying to push me off in turn 7 and the second day for as far as I know payback. Should be up in the next hour.
- I don't retaliate against a 14 year old or any other driver. That is NOT the way I race.

Danica Davison is my BIOTCH...Just Sayin

2017 - 6 Podiums

2016 - Florida Cup Champion

- 9 Podiums

2015 - 2 Podiums

2014 - 1 Podiums

2013 - 4 Podiums

2012 - 8 Podiums

2011 - 2 Podiums

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42
Hey where was Gary when all this was going on ?
  • AJ Roderick likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

but in front of a female.

Oh lawd help us, someone swore in front of a female. How will she ever recover, with her being a woman and all?

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:97

Ernie, if he wanted to take you out, he'd take you out. That wasn't a try. Also, telling a driver you hit it was a racing incident probably isn't a good plan. The way that works is someone else (him/offical) calls it a racing incident and you sheepishly agree. Your official line is that you're sorry you got into him and spun him and that you were surprised the bumps changed your line so much.

Exactly! And that would be the end of it.
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Oh lawd help us, someone swore in front of a female. How will she ever recover, with her being a woman and all?

Nick if it was a female with you she was no lady!. LOL Unless it was your mom then I take it back
  • Jim Drago likes this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Lin

Lin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:90

I am still waiting for the gentleman's apology
  • svvs likes this

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

I am still waiting for the gentleman's apology

Ok! Maybe it was a female! I stand corrected

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
This thread reminds me of this documentary and this moment particularly! If you haven't seen this film, it is a real eye opener!

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

This thread reminds me of this documentary and this moment particularly! If you haven't seen this film, it is a real eye opener!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLzCCkgex0U

Thank god he did not squirt any lotion!!!!!! Because he is a retard pretending to be a racer LOL

K. Webb