Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

Had you not thrown the first post in and left out the last 2 sentences of this post...you might have a point. But your uncontrollable need to be a wise-ass or smart-ass makes you look like a dumb-ass.

Need I remind you of all the complaining you've done on this forum? 3 day SCCA events? on track contact and/or racing incidents? We have spoken in person and I found you to be a reasonable young guy...even after you threw a few darts my way I still gave you the benefit of the doubt and didn't respond back. It's very easy to get your point across without digs or insults unless of course it's a close buddy them all's fair...and most of us recognize this between friends.

Do you really want to be THAT guy? When your not on some "mightier than thou" trip you have well thought out points and info. Your call...

If a race car driver complains about not being competitive and then cites being lazy and unable to drive according to grip as excuses, I'm sorry, but they are going to get grief.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

its another tire deal mo money

Agreed.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Steve D

Steve D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:30
Rob -

Life must be tough whe you are an a__hole and suck at reading comprehension.

Look back at my post. I was offering a possible explanation for why we aren't seeing as much crossover as I would like. I was not complaining about the effort racing takes. Sheesh.

Andrew -

You identified the biggest conundrum. Mueller and Drago led the charge to get the rules exactly the same. Unfortunately, NASA's contract effectively prevents Hoosiers. It's a great disappointment to me.

Steve DeVinney
Retired mediocre driver

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
yes indeed steve it is a condom dame that teret i ment conundrum . For those who look at the young bull please forgive his stupid comment they make it easy for me to look better

lol
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

I wish it were that simple. I've driven both brands in the last year and they drive quite differently. Aside from not wanting to start over each weekend trying to get the feel of the "other" tire on the ragged edge, re-learning braking and corner entry, etc., I would hazard a guess that anyone who aspires to the top half of the grid would want to change their alignment/setup to suit the tires (for tire wear as much as handling benefit).

For that reason, cross-over is a biatch. As SM director in the SE, I wish it weren't.

You would be incorrect on just about every part unless you are complete newbie. Bouncing from tire to tire has never been a problem for me or any one I know.
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve D

Steve D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:30
Jamie -

I readily admit there is a lot I don't know about this stuff. To me the tires feel different. Maybe setup changes aren't necessary. Fowler didn't used to let me touch my car so a lot of this is new to me.

By the way, I finished one spot behind you at the ARRC so I guess we were both mid-pack that day?

Steve DeVinney
Retired mediocre driver

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Rob -

Life must be tough whe you are an a__hole and suck at reading comprehension.

Look back at my post. I was offering a possible explanation for why we aren't seeing as much crossover as I would like. I was not complaining about the effort racing takes. Sheesh.

Andrew -

You identified the biggest conundrum. Mueller and Drago led the charge to get the rules exactly the same. Unfortunately, NASA's contract effectively prevents Hoosiers. It's a great disappointment to me.

No but you're suggesting thats a reasonable argument.

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
The complaining takes place on-line when people are bored. At the track, for the most part, it's just fun.

I think contact could be decreased by having a driver's meeting at every event, and having chief stewarts who won't tolerate on-track grab-ass by putting some real teeth in consequences.

You shouldn't get mad at a baboon for eating a banana. It's just their nature, and it's a waste of your time.

<3 <3 <3

• DES4 likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

NASA has a contract with TOYO through 2016

Because NASA chose to reup the contract: http://www.nasaprora...inue-as-th.html

We all could have been on Hoosiers next year. As others have said, follow the $$$.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Because NASA chose to reup the contract: http://www.nasaprora...inue-as-th.html

We all could have been on Hoosiers next year. As others have said, follow the $$$.

Todd, your posts usually are thought out better and make more sense... Are you looking to have a pissing contest? So really, nothing happened before "NASA reup'ed" to create the difference between the two organizations (http://www.hoosiertire.com/SM2012.htm)? Yeah, that's what I thought...

Does it really matter anyway? Some folks choose to run with NASA for their personal reasons, some choose SCCA and some choose to run in both. Yes, part of my job is to help grow and maintain SM car count in NASA but that comes after doing what I think is right for the class. (Anyone really think I enjoyed being called the guy who ruined the class in 2010?) While the choice to extend the Toyo contract was made waaaaaay above my level (remember, I'm a volunteer), I think for NASA's clientele it was the correct choice and supported it when I was asked my opinion... Especially considering the rich tire contingencies and future plans.
  • JBlaisdell likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

Does it really matter anyway?

First of all, I didn't say it was your fault or blame you so please don't take it personally. I think you are a good guy and have the class' best interest at heart.

But, yes it does matter. If we have to run on RA1s again next year, I'll be taking a break and just doing a race or two, maybe with the SCCA. Many in our region seem to have already made that decision this year. Our fields have been decimated. We're struggling to get 5 people in SM. I went through the results for the last three years and tried to get in contact (or delegated to a few others since it's a long list) with all the racers to get them out and find out why they weren't coming out. A good chunk of them didn't want, or didn't have budget to switch to Toyo's. Many had tires left over from the previous year that they could no longer use etc. Didn't want to have to deal with shaving tires and finding the magical depth/heat cycles to get them fast at Miller, not to mention premature cording issues etc. Of course many had other reasons: got married, bought a house, blew their motor and are rebuilding, swtched to a different class, just plain burned out, etc. But tires came up more often than I would have liked. You could easily do the full race season at MMP on two sets of BFG's. I'm on my 3rd set of Toyos (plus rains) and we still have 3 months to go (6 race days). Rob can make fun of people, but the bottom line is that it costs us racers.

So could you please explain what isn't thought out in my post? You guys worked hard to get us on the (almost) same rules, yet even though the SCCA announced the change to Hoosiers (again due to member input) and NASA had the chance to follow suit, but chose not to. How is this better for the racers? What I stated is true. We all could have been on Hoosiers next year, it wasn't like NASA was locked into a contract. Sames tires = fewer wheels and easier crossover = more racers = better racing = fields grow = profit! ;)

Especially considering the rich tire contingencies and future plans.

The tire contingency only really helps if you can get large fields first. I'd be better off running PTE and getting 2 BFG's every race rather than $40 in Toyo bucks. I really, really hope future plans include a molded tire. Anything you can do to elaborate on "future plans" would be most welcome.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

No but you're suggesting thats a reasonable argument.

So if you dont agree that makes it unreasonable? You must be the new model of Reasonable? I think we would all agree YOU are the most unreasonable Babbon on the forum, followed closely by Me and Charbos, we just idiots not monkeys...

Seriously eat your bananna and let Steve D, the coolest of all SM directors have an opinion, remeber they are lake assh oles we all have them, we all have you as proof.

K. Webb