trekkor

trekkor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
Nice laps and racing line, Duncan.

Very well done.

KT
Crew for Todd Tagget #42 ( future co-driver! )
Let me set your tile!~ http://www.willstile.com

Duncan

Duncan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Nice laps and racing line, Duncan.

Very well done.

KT

Thanks,

It was only my second time at Thunderhill so I'm still trying to get the details right. I know there's speed to be had through the 3,4,5,6 complex and I'm leaving time on the table in 9 as well. Have to wait till next year to see if I can shave more time off.

Duncan
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:96
I pasted together the video from my two cameras, alternating through the race.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

trekkor

trekkor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
Impressive drive!

KT
Crew for Todd Tagget #42 ( future co-driver! )
Let me set your tile!~ http://www.willstile.com

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Nice drive Jamie! That missed shift on the first lap is why everyone should have a spare diff carrier/housing in their trailer! That was a good thump! Man, the kid went off quick at 6 on the last lap :o I can't understand why he wouldn't follow your line through 5...he spent the next 4 turns making up the time he lost every time!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

Nice drive Jamie! That missed shift on the first lap is why everyone should have a spare diff carrier/housing in their trailer! That was a good thump!

Ron, when I saw that hit at 1:25. I thought that the diff was done for sure!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Yep. That really, really sucked. That deal didn't do my motor any good either, when I grabbed 2nd for a bit there (8,415 RPM). I was recently thinking that it has been a long time since I zinged the motor too. I apologized to Scott Phillips after the race and thanked him for the push up the hill...but he didn't seem to be very impressed.

I wander if the Mazda Comp diff is more forgiving of rear end collisions than the Torsen? All of the ones I have heard of failing due to big rear hits have been Torsens.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
The extra 20lbs(whatever it is) of mass can't help! No engineer but it only makes sense a 1.8 housing will break before a 1.6 housing just because of weight/mass.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42
Just a quick update.. got the car back this week and it looks fantastic!! Evil Genius got the alignment right in spec.. so I'll be on for the end of the month at Sonoma!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Ron, when I saw that hit at 1:25. I thought that the diff was done for sure!

Correction/Update, in hopes of saving someone else's hyde...my diff made it through the next race weekend (after the race in the above video) but just barely. I felt a few funny symptoms of diff trouble this past weekend (almost like i didn't put the clutch pedal in all the way while coming to a stop) on Saturday and Sunday in the paddock but didn't pick up on it. Half way through the final race on Sunday the car filled with smoke, I lost all the oil in the diff and the car began slowing a bit (I think). I made it to the checker, back to the paddock and on to the trailer but it sounds horrible and I'm pretty sure it's toast now.

In hind site I should have pulled that diff after the rear end collision (race) and had it checked out. I also should have caught on to the symptoms in the paddock this past weekend and could have maybe saved it before major failure. Shame on me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users