445 replies to this topic

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Caveman...thanks for the update! I hope California Kyle gets it on track for the big show...at least a little whip cream on top of a steaming pile of crap of a week. :prayer:

Sounds like NASA is a little inconsistent with their rulings...based on what has been said here. I remember at Miller(10) when a driver was penalized in a qual race for contact in a straight line(he was the front car)...something about the pass hadn't been completed.

Best of luck to all! Go Charlie!

With regards to Ernie Jr...good for you young man in putting down laps that gains you respect! You'll always have the doubters and understandable so. Your handlers did you no favors and right or wrong...this is going to stick with you. Be humble and update or drop the age label. Race clean and best of luck!!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Anyone know how to get the live feed working from speedcasttv?

http://www.speedcasttv.com/#/races/291
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Nor/So Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:17

Ernie Jr here

As you all know I finished 3rd in the qualifying, and I am here to tell you that after it we had the top 3 cars go to the dyno. I was one of them. I am not going to say the numbers for the others except I was 1 hp and 1 tq less then the other 99. So you all know my 1999 car ran 118.5 hp and 109 tq. I am telling you all this so you know that I don't have any massive amount of power, it was all driving.

Best regards

Skeer here, one thing I would recommend is using We instead of Me or I, it is a team sport and its always the work of more then just the driver to get up front. You have speed and are quite the driver, but I can guarantee that its not a 1 kid show. It looks really good when somebody asks why you say we and explain that the crew do as much or more work then the drivers, and give them credit for it. Good luck this weekend.
  • john mueller and screaming monkey like this
"Punk Ass Kid" -Track HQ's top SM contributor.
Working to call myself a GT driver.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,567 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Pat,

I think he is trying to say indirectly that front runners cheat heavily during the season, but their cars show up legal at the big events. I am not sure, but I think that is the point.

I can say this.

My car runs in exactly the same trim all the time. I run the same equipment during the season as the Runoffs. The only difference is freshness and prep of the car for the Runoffs would be the equipment would have little to no hours of racing prior to the event to reduce the chance of any mechanicals.

And I feel comfortable saying that all my Texas cohorts do exactly the same as well as my close racing friends "not from Texas".

I can't say that this doen't happen in some divisions though. Occasional bad apple, yes it's possible can't deny it. But I bet it's a small number. Do we have suspected cheater cars once in a while run a national? Sure, but its not anyone who would consider running a championship event. Are there cars around the country blindingly fast but have never run a championship event. Yep.

I don't think that is what he is saying, well atleast not in reference to that post.. we feel that the dyno is dummed down a little as many classes re HP:wt, so they read low so those cars don't get tossed for 1-2 hps.. Not sure he is right or wrong, but that was what he was implying. As far as front runners dumbing down the car.. The things Saul mentioned were from experience circa 2008/2009 as we didnt want the world knowing what HP we were making

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Matt Reynolds

Matt Reynolds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
got it... thanks
BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Yikes - Porsche rollover in GTS3!!!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
Are you ready for some racing???
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
watching glued to my Monitor - SpeedCastTV ROCKS

Danny
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Delayed??

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

cpdenis

cpdenis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Number:09
I'm trying to,catch this on iPad, but it's not working. Am I missing something or is it not supported on iPad. Do I need an account or something?
CP

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46
I don't think Adobe Flash works on Apple products.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Roger Caddell

Roger Caddell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
The SpeedcastTV live feed is based on Flash so viewing on an iPad could be a problem.

cpdenis

cpdenis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Craaaaap.

cpdenis

cpdenis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Thanks for the info guys

Doug007

Doug007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Region:TX
Awesome to be able to watch this live! Can't wait for some championship action :)

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
And they are rolling - "Spec Miata Style" - thats what he said ... seems like Gangnam style is creeping into the local MO vernacular!!!

Danny

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
Interesting - Charbs running a 1.6 or 1.8!

Danny

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
What happened to Andrew?

Danny

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
Nice pass Alex!!!

Danny

Richter Racing

Richter Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Region:SoCal
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:29
Lost feed, anything of importance happen
Only boring people get bored.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users