High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:97
Good luck to everybody!!!
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
I guess I just don't understand why they would DUMB DOWN the dyno for the championships :scratchchin:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26
Good luck! Looks like 55 and rain this morning. At 1500 it looks like partly cloudy and 67, nice.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Gonna be a tight race. Times have been incredibly tight in the short races and qualifying. Will be interesting to see how the longer race time affects the field.

Watch the Florida boys!!!!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
Good luck to all my Texas friends race fast and clean. Special good luck wishes to Gale Corely who has had mechanical problems all week and will be starting DFL, have fun moving forward!
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

I guess I just don't understand why they would DUMB DOWN the dyno for the championships :scratchchin:

Pat,

I think he is trying to say indirectly that front runners cheat heavily during the season, but their cars show up legal at the big events. I am not sure, but I think that is the point.

I can say this.

My car runs in exactly the same trim all the time. I run the same equipment during the season as the Runoffs. The only difference is freshness and prep of the car for the Runoffs would be the equipment would have little to no hours of racing prior to the event to reduce the chance of any mechanicals.

And I feel comfortable saying that all my Texas cohorts do exactly the same as well as my close racing friends "not from Texas".

I can't say that this doen't happen in some divisions though. Occasional bad apple, yes it's possible can't deny it. But I bet it's a small number. Do we have suspected cheater cars once in a while run a national? Sure, but its not anyone who would consider running a championship event. Are there cars around the country blindingly fast but have never run a championship event. Yep.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Go read the rules for the other classes and your chin won't itch anymore. ;)
  • Todd Lamb likes this

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Pat,

I think he is trying to say indirectly that front runners cheat heavily during the season, but their cars show up legal at the big events. I am not sure, but I think that is the point.

I can say this.

My car runs in exactly the same trim all the time. I run the same equipment during the season as the Runoffs. The only difference is freshness and prep of the car for the Runoffs would be the equipment would have little to no hours of racing prior to the event to reduce the chance of any mechanicals.

And I feel comfortable saying that all my Texas cohorts do exactly the same as well as my close racing friends "not from Texas".

I can't say that this doen't happen in some divisions though. Occasional bad apple, yes it's possible can't deny it. But I bet it's a small number. Do we have suspected cheater cars once in a while run a national? Sure, but its not anyone who would consider running a championship event. Are there cars around the country blindingly fast but have never run a championship event. Yep.

Oops! Not what I was trying to imply! Nope, same car all year, and I could say the same for most of the guys in my Div. Nobody wanted to be 'that guy' that slowed down at the Champs after running the same track all year.

If you are smart enough to prep a frontrunning car, you are smart enough to make it run less great on the dyno.

If a dyno is used to penalize people, the dyno operator is going to get earfuls of crap when he busts out of his number at the Champs.

I'm not talking about this anymore, but tell me more about Cheatin' Texans :)

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

Killian

Killian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Region:NASA Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:707
Draft grid just posted...

http://www.team-nasa...pE (SpecMiata)/

Entry list for reference...

http://team-nasa.com...ylistreport.php

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Number:46
Is the dyno operated by BackStreet Performance (Rich Johnson)? Just curious...my car was dyno'd (with larger restrictor) on it last year.

Also, these guys are all on Toyo RA-1's, right?

BTW, check out Yiannis's YouTube page...lots of good videos. At least someone is representing the Northeast.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Oops! Not what I was trying to imply! Nope, same car all year, and I could say the same for most of the guys in my Div. Nobody wanted to be 'that guy' that slowed down at the Champs after running the same track all year.

If you are smart enough to prep a frontrunning car, you are smart enough to make it run less great on the dyno.

If a dyno is used to penalize people, the dyno operator is going to get earfuls of crap when he busts out of his number at the Champs.

I'm not talking about this anymore, but tell me more about Cheatin' Texans :)

Oh, okay, I misunderstood what you were driving at. Yes, I agree you can fool/change dyno numbers.

Cheaters in Texas, ..... we take care of those. Nobody anyone knows.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Charbonneau running 5th in his Mustang in American Iron

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
5th overall and 3rd in class.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Number:99

Jeeeezus - this kid can't get a freakin break.

FOCUS Ernie-san!!! May I suggest avoiding this stupid site until after the Champs. Good luck - hope you win and pass tech with no issues. (Love to see haters eat crow)

My one and only post on this subject! Ern, has driven well, has always and I mean always given me MUCHO space in practice! There have been many A S S wads that drove practice like it was another race...

Little Ern has gained my respect and have been near him quite a bit on track, has conducted himself as a gentleman, and I have personally congratulated him on each great run he has had.

What happened to him and Hille yesterday, was unfathomable, If I had made that move in regional GL NASA race I would have been instantly DQ'd and most likely sent home for the next race and undoubtedly had a probation. Most likely that selfish move, ruined any chance at the national champion title for one or both of those drivers.

Have met many of the characters from this site, and found all to be good people. even those guys fom texas, Aaron, and the cookie monster.

Collins has done a great job in tech, and it has gone pretty seemless IMO. Mike even pitched in to help California Kyle get his car running, That Kyle should get an award, what a warrior that dude is, 3 motor changes, in 3 days, only 3 or 4 hours sleep,terrible luck and yet he just keeps working tirelessly on his car, he finally has it running and has had almost zero track time. We locals hooked him up with another local SM racer to get a 3rd engine out of a junk yard car, so he could run. I hope he passes half the field coming from the back today, as he certainly deserves it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had my RP pulled and marked, my shocks have been measured. Todaro has had his ECU pulled and marked, RP pulled and marked, Rear shock removed completly from the car and inspected. We have even had to all get out of the car in 10 seconds or less in full race gear, due to a crazy on track fire in another class that put the event behind over an hour the other day. Blake put on a clinic for how not to try to get out of your car in 10 seconds, as some of got a good laugh. Everyone has had some good fun and very little annomosity. even one particular guy that does not have a soft spot in his heart for cavemen congratulated me on my run from 16th to 11th on Thursday in 4 green flag laps.

Race today should be a good one and should be dry, rain has stopped and charbs in running second currently to Dean Martin in AI with a dry line starting to form! will be interesting to see if results change running a 45 minute feature rather than a 15 minute or less qualifying race.
  • john mueller likes this

K. Webb