Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

Or, just put 50 photographers there to slow the car down like they did at the outside of T1 at the start... ;-)

No worries it's not like anyone ever blows turn one on the first lap (you weren't in the car then were you ? and what was that in turn one ? Cold tires ? )
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

No worries it's not like anyone ever blows turn one on the first lap (you weren't in the car then were you ? and what was that in turn one ? Cold tires ? )

I believe if I remember correctly that was a different ESR car that spun. Deans car was white/red. Spinning car was black.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Charlie is correct. The #48 Radical spun in the first turn. BTW, I read that they changed engines THREE times during the 25! I guess when you're running a motorcycle engine, the matter of budget is "how many"? :)

Dean

Former driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Charlie is correct. The #48 Radical spun in the first turn. BTW, I read that they changed engines THREE times during the 25! I guess when you're running a motorcycle engine, the matter of budget is "how many"? :)

Dean

BTM had a few engines/trannys etc too hah? busy weekend when you need to get a ride home or put back the engine in your car.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

Dean

I was wondering how the radicals lasted more than 5 hours this year. I guess that's one way. That turn 1 thing was hilarious.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

gkmccready

gkmccready

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Region:SFR/NorCal
  • Car Number:4

BTW, I read that they changed engines THREE times during the 25!

949racing's E2 entry (Nemo) lunched two motors before 9pm Saturday... :-(

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Number:94

To Team Miatacage, let me be the first to say, IT'S ABOUT TIME!! :) Congrats, guys. You always did the right prep, ran clean races and had luck turn against you. This was your year and the persistence paid off. Congratulations on beating a deep field of experience and talent!

Thanks Dean. We did win E3 in 2010 beating the factory Honda team 2 car effort by 70 seconds!! Kinda hurts my feelings you didn't remember. :)

By the way, this year's winning car was running the same untouched engine for the last 3 years. 75 hours and 2 wins and a 3rd!

Sorry about your troubles. I think those Normas have some kind of a 25 hr hex on them.
Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Sorry Ken. I didn't run that year. And I'm so self absorbed that if I wasn't there, well, it didn't happen... ;-) So, let me be the first to say - CONGRATS TO THE TWO TIME WINNERS!!! :)

Dean

Former driver

Mark Lenney

Mark Lenney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Car Number:37

By the way, this year's winning car was running the same untouched engine for the last 3 years. 75 hours and 2 wins and a 3rd!

:excl: :o :excl:

WOW

Now you've taken that performance from incredible and awesome into the sublime!
Nicely done to the whole team.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Thanks Dean. We did win E3 in 2010 beating the factory Honda team 2 car effort by 70 seconds!! Kinda hurts my feelings you didn't remember. :)

Sorry about your troubles. I think those Normas have some kind of a 25 hr hex on them.

Once your top few competitors faltered, did you guys sandbag your 99 car to let the old faithful win? :D

You guys are always a favorite. Just wish we could have made it more competitive for you longer than the 6 hours we did!
Looking forward to a rematch! Nice job on the P1,P2 finish!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sean - MiataCage

Sean - MiataCage

• Moderators
  • 301 posts
Wow.... What a weekend. First the Thank You's.

To my team:
What an amazing team of people and friends. A lot of teams that run this and other large events will hire or fly in people to help them. Every single member of the MiataCage team is a family member, friend, fellow local racer and/or all of the above. Everyone personally executed their job perfectly and that is truly what it takes to win this event. Thank you all, you were amazing!

To our Sponsors - We couldn’t do it without you and I really appreciate the friendship and help.

Jim Drago - East Street Power!
Danny @ Carbotech
Glenn at - Clearwater Lights
Mark and Stan at Toyo Tires
E&L Machine - Kevin
Maz/Toy Recycling Center
Mac’s Radiator
Ed Pavone
SMI Motorsports
Falcon Graphics - Clark
MazdaSpeed Motorsports - John, Kyle, Steve, Robert
Wyatt Fire Protection
Midas - Mike
Sbox Engineering
Doug Esterbrook
My amazing wife Heather

I’m sure I have overlooked someone and for that I apologize. I am still really, really tired.

Ok, now on to the tires: We did run the Toyo RR's on both of our cars. We mounted them prior to learning about the date code thing and by the time we figured it out half of the tires were mounted incorrectly and were already on the way down to California to the race.

On one of the test days on the 99 car we did start to see a very slight seam split on 2 of the tires, but it was only on the improperly mounted tires. One of them was on the front and one was on the back. Toyo re-mounted the 2 tires in question properly for us, then we ran them the remainder of the test day for 3 to 4 more hours on both our 1.6L and 1.8L and had zero issues. By the end of the test day you would never had known the 2 tires with the slight tire issue ever had any issue at all. At the end of the test day we then got all the tires mounted per Toyo’s instructions and we never had a single issue all weekend. The tires performed flawlessly and look forward to running them on the car for our NASA races this upcoming year.

If you have never done this event before it truly is a must do..... This was our 5th year and we look forward to it every year. Jerry and the team at NASA put on an outstanding event.

Thanks.... Sean

Edited to add missed sponsors. :)

Edited by Sean - MiataCage, 12-11-2012 04:37 PM.

• john mueller likes this
Sean Hedrick - President
www.miatacage.com
360-606-7734
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys!

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Car Number:94

Once your top few competitors faltered, did you guys sandbag your 99 car to let the old faithful win? :D

Yes, but we dumped fuel on the ground twice, blew the heater core and burnt up the front brakes so it wouldn't be too obvious. :rolleyes:
Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
So Sean...since the RR's performed so well, is Oregon region SCCA going to allow both Toyo and Hoosiers so those wanting to run NASA as well as SCCA don't have to double down on tires and wheels? I hope so!

Tremendous effort at the 25!!!!

Bill-
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
The RR's were great for us. Pretty sure we triple stinted one set (9+/-) hours and regularly double stinted both the front/rears. During our last stint our car double stinted rears and I was given sticker fronts to go make up some time, ran our fastest lap of the race after 636 laps and still went 20 more. Rears look very good still after the fact, I drove the fronts pretty hard though and we did a pressure change which we wouldn't have done for longevity. Thankful for Toyo's support we managed to Top 5 overall with 225 RR's. B)
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

trekkor

trekkor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

949racing's E2 entry (Nemo) lunched two motors before 9pm Saturday... :-(

Posted Image

KT
Crew for Todd Tagget #42 ( future co-driver! )
Let me set your tile!~ http://www.willstile.com

ToddW

ToddW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:67

Posted Image

KT

I have a 1.6 motor with ~1500 miles on it with the same inspection hole created last month. I wonder if #3 rod failure is a common failure?

trekkor

trekkor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry the car didn't last longer, Dean.

I enjoyed seeing and hearing it running.

KT

trekkor

trekkor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
Mazdas!

Posted Image

KT

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Congrats Miatacage! Glad I could help you guys! You guys have this endurance deal figured out!

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

trekkor

trekkor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
Posted Image

KT

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 25 hour, Thunderhill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users