Lee Thomas

Lee Thomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:24
So, I'm just a guy...reading things I find on the Intertubes. I'm not even allowed to officially speak for my multiple personalities, much less who pays for what at COTA. So, just take all this with a grain of salt.

I just read SCCA's "official" blog and they have a post about what our insurance covers. It says track damage is part of our coverage. Soooooo... We've all heard that if we kiss a guard rail at COTA we'll pay lots of money out of our own pocket. Well, maybe not. Just saying. Read for yourselves and you decide. Makes me feel a little better.

---> http://sccaofficial.blogspot.com/?m=1
  • Gary Norris likes this

luckymiata76

luckymiata76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:76
We(South Bend Region) had a car kiss the guardrail at our race at GingerMan in 2012. The track gave the Region a bill for repairs, we submitted the bill to SCCA and insurance paid a significant/if not all(our treasurer would know) of the repair. Insurance coverage is one of the benefits of racing in SCCA, not sure other racing organizations operate like that?

RussMcB

RussMcB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:SEDiv
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:57
For the first few years racing at Barber the supps said we had to pay for guardrail damage, but that was dropped in recent years because it was determined that SCCA's insurance covered it.

Racer Russ
Marietta, GA
Former SM racer (now back in a formula car)

Barber 2013 Topless

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Insurance, COTA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users