Photo

Website upgrade suggestions/ what would you like to see?

* * * * - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Jim, I had busted your chops about no emotioncons a couple times. TODAY is the first time in several weeks those little munchkins have show up for me. Got to love the two :bs:   :bsflag2:  amd the :deadhorse:

Also today the site seems to be working quicker getting from one post or thread to another. 

• Ron Alan, Jim Drago and Caesar Vielmas like this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30

I see the font color in the reply box got changed to black, and I can finally read what I'm typing!  Thanks!  :clap:

• Caesar Vielmas likes this

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts

Ooooh, there's a nice banner on top of each post, and the spacing is fixed so the post date no longer overlays the first line of text -- MUCH better!  Things are looking more visible all the time.  The member post count and warning points (left of each post) are still very light, though -- Caesar should search for anything in the CSS files with that color, and make them darker.

The smiley bar that comes up when you first press the smiley icon is nice, and it's designed to scroll sideways for selection.  Right now the contents of the bar just disappears when you press the right scroll button, and pressing the left scroll button doesn't even bring them back again.

In the last post, when I pressed POST it "worked" (that is, it sent the post), but the page didn't refresh.  I had to refresh the page manually to confirm the post.

[EDIT]: this post also didn't refresh.  I got the cylon-eye progress bar at the top, but it never updated.

[SECOND EDIT]: Saving the page after editing worked normally; edits saved and current page updated.

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Number:27

+1 on dislike.

How about more Emoticans
:covereyes:
:worship:
:fingersx:
:bent:
:kekekegay:
:banana:
:deadhorse:

:iagree:

:popcorn:

:bump:

:PatHead:

I know, too much time on my hands.
J~

Not all wishes came true but we did find a couple. If you search around the web for animated gifs and you can find some of these you like send them over; these are easy to load. 

Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts

Just an idea... How about a engine/performance tab under the Garage area. For some to talk about engine questions/tips/info on general maint., good resource for new people coming in with alot of the same questions.

this is now available here http://mazdaracers.c...nd-technology/ 

Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts

I would like to see the old blog setup come back.  Have not blogged since the change and not many others have either.

There isn't a lot of activity there now. If it improves, I'm sure we can look into it. 

Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts

How about a Health / Diet / fitness for racers section?

Pre, during, post race, etc.

Like it, if you want it.

J~

now that's funny  :rotfl:  I can't speak for all regions but in Texas we like to eat...eat very well.  

Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts

The "Like" button used to list who "liked" a post but the new format just shows a total for likes and dislikes. Can you add back a list of person who clicked the "Like" or "Dislike" buttons?

we looked into this and for some reason the software doesn't not give us the option to show names when we select the positive/negative options. This is a feature that is being requested a lot to the software maker and hopefully it will be implemented in future releases. 

Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts

I see the font color in the reply box got changed to black, and I can finally read what I'm typing!  Thanks!  :clap:

There were two updates released for the skins we have been using. We just installed them yesterday. Drago bought a couple more that we are installing tomorrow. perhaps some of those will work better for you.  In general we are trying to stay away from modifying code since that turns into a pain when it comes time to upgrade again. 

• svvs likes this
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts

I do understand the issue of modifying code, Caesar, although most of what I've requested has been CSS changes rather than real code.  I'm glad your vendor finally made some improvements on their own -- it really does help.  I do hope you can locate the problem with posting, though.

[EDIT]: this post worked fine, dunno what the difference was.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

okay...cant change skin color? Was blue when I came on then changed to black?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts

I'm able to change colors using the color picker in the upper right corner, but it only affects some items on the page.  This is on the "Infinite" theme, BTW; not sure if the others use the picker.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Oops...was doing it wrong! Got it :banana:

Ron

RAmotorsports

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts

Oops...was doing it wrong! Got it :banana:

Good man!  :toast:  We put back the default colors to the mazdaracers branded green. In case anyone is interested the hex value is 029146. you can just put that in the box for the color picker.

Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts

When I change colors from the default, a new page loads in the default color, and THEN changes to the custom color.  This one might be a clue to a performance problem, if every page is really being loaded twice.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

When I change colors from the default, a new page loads in the default color, and THEN changes to the custom color.  This one might be a clue to a performance problem, if every page is really being loaded twice.

I see this also for a brief second. I also for a brief time saw an improvement in speed but now... :no:  But this could be on my end for sure.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

But I still haven't gotten a response to why my font size changes like in the above post??

Ron

RAmotorsports

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

But I still haven't gotten a response to why my font size changes like in the above post??

Just a WAG but there are X2 and X2 above you when you start to post.

So if you hit that, you're just going to start writing bigger or smaller.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Ok...I'm being very careful here not to touch anything :wacko: Did it work?

I think so...

Maybe there is a key on the keyboard that triggers the x2 ?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

^^^^^^^^^^^

Ok...I'm being very careful here not to touch anything :wacko: Did it work?

I think so...

Maybe there is a key on the keyboard that triggers the x2 ?

It's above the box you post in. B  S  X2

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users