Photo

Website upgrade suggestions/ what would you like to see?

* * * * - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30

When you click on the text box to start a reply, your mouse click will "click" the icon that's under the mouse AFTER the icons appear.  In short, you can easily click on an invisble button, depending on where you click the text box.  To prevent the problem, I've taken the habit of clicking over at the far bottom-right corner, but then you have to click in the upper-left corner again after the buttons appear.  The software is pretty hokey in some annoying ways.  :(

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

When you click on the text box to start a reply, your mouse click will "click" the icon that's under the mouse AFTER the icons appear.  In short, you can easily click on an invisble button, depending on where you click the text box.  To prevent the problem, I've taken the habit of clicking over at the far bottom-right corner, but then you have to click in the upper-left corner again after the buttons appear.  The software is pretty hokey in some annoying ways.  :(

Is anyone else besides JB having any of the issues JB is describing in any of his posts? Trying to determine if we have a software issue or an issue only with software on JB's machine or login.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27

JB this is a browser issue specific to IE8. I don't want to sound like I'm  :deadhorse:​ but have you considered upgrading your browser? IE8 is getting a little dated now, Chrome has worked great for me. just a suggestion. Good luck.

Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Guys

Caesar has loaded a new skin specifically designed to work well on the I pad. I just tried here on an I pad and it looks great. Take it for a test ride.. Theme is called Gesture HD ( bottom left, change theme.. click Gesture HD)

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Sorry for the issues the last 48 hours.. We had to delete 600,000 spam emails, yes 600,000! We were told that the upgrade would take of this. Hostgator is telling us they fixed their security hole. We will see. Sorry for the down time.

Thanks Caesar for working on this for us!

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

CARacer

CARacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991

I'd really like it if the summary of an item in classifieds, like where it says views and time left, could also have the location.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27

I appreciate everyone's patience. We've been working with Hostgator on this since Saturday. It appears that we found all the gremlins that were causing the issue but needless to say it was ugly. Anyway, I think we are ok (famous last words). Again, appreciate everyone's patience. I need a few   :guinness:  :guinness:  :guinness:.

Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mark

Mark

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Sopac

Caesar,

Thank you for all the hard work. Sometimes this stuff isn't easy.

WRT web site improvements a few that come to mind:

- It would be nice to have a 'best of' category where outstanding/interesting posts could be archived for quick reference. Basically a forum dedicated to posts from Mark Bennet et al. :).

- A forum for vendor new product announcements or information. 

- Quick reference / contact sheet for forum sponsors.

- Hot links on the home page to live timing and broadcasts from NASA, SCCA, and other significant events.

Mark

Mark
markn@ironcanyonmotorsports.com
Iron Canyon Motorsports

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Cezzarrr, can we have the classifeds back to normal where there is a index ont he left categorizing what is for sale so we dont have to sift through every ad to finde what we are looking for?  It used to be listed for intance as Donors, or Race ready cars, or engine etc etc.  Every since the new changes its just a big jumbled list unless its just with my browser.  Also can you please disable the Commy clowns account for me Thank you!!!! LOLOLOLOL

K. Webb