Photo

Website upgrade suggestions/ what would you like to see?

* * * * - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Region:San Diego
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:47

I would like to see the old blog setup come back.  Have not blogged since the change and not many others have either.

Joe Jordan the turd.....Joey is IV or quatro!

Ran in Firestone Firehawk in a Miata in 1994

Speedvision Cup Miata's 95-99

World Challenge Miata in 2000 AT MRLS

Had 3 Rookie of the year winners "Rising Stars" In IMSA

Kids now racing...Started them in Lemons Miata we built into the 2013 Western Division SCCA Majors Champion!

6th at 50th SCCA Runoffs in SM OPM's Rental 01

2nd fastest race lap at the Runoffs.

2014 Teen Mazda Challenge (west) Champ!

2015 Pirelli World Challenge Round 15 Winner in TCB and round 16,17,and 18 Winner!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

How about a Health / Diet / fitness for racers section?

Pre, during, post race, etc.

Like it, if you want it.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Well since  we now have a Charb free zone, can we have a Bench Raver and Mouse free zone to? :prayer:  :wave:  :lol:  :angel:

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

And since Charb quit the site can we rename his little corner the X-rated corner where there is no sensorship and only paying members may enter at their own risk...

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30

And since Charb quit the site can we rename his little corner the X-rated corner where there is no sensorship and only paying members may enter at their own risk...

Well, the last post there was five months ago -- seems like a good candidate for removal. If it was to be renamed instead, perhaps "Bottom of the Webb"?

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Well, the last post there was five months ago -- seems like a good candidate for removal. If it was to be renamed instead, perhaps "Bottom of the Webb"?

Maybe caught in the Webb?  LOLOL

K. Webb

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

The like /dislike buttons are working, lower right of the posts you will see up arrow and down arrow.  Try them

• Ron Alan, MPR22 and Jim Boemler like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
Pretty cool how it only lets you vote once. Visibility isn't great, though. Actually, despite some improvements over time, this site is still one of the worst I visit from the standpoint of visibility. Check out http://www.mazdatalkforum.com/ for a sample of a site with great visibility.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Pretty cool how it only lets you vote once. Visibility isn't great, though. Actually, despite some improvements over time, this site is still one of the worst I visit from the standpoint of visibility. Check out http://www.mazdatalkforum.com/ for a sample of a site with great visibility.

Define "visibility" for us.

J~

• Caesar Vielmas likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

JB

Not sure what you mean either? You have all the different colors etc you can use and themes?  I think my screen is more "visible" than the link?

You are not using the standard skin are you?

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
I presume I'm using the default skin. When I press "Change Theme" at the bottom of the page, it just takes me to the top of the page -- it doesn't change skins. If there's a better skin, let's make it the default. And of course fix it so the themes can be changed. As for visibility, most has to do with color selection. No, I have no signs of color-blindness, BTW. Use the reply box, for instance, and the font color is so light it's very hard to read. The whold damn site used to be that bad, but Caesar was kind enough to darken some of it last time I complained. It needs more (darker type) everywhere, but most especially in places like the reply box. With regard to the thumbs up/down boxes, the colors need to be darker, so the light digits will stand out.

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
Oh, another complaint. I formatted the post above as three separate paragraphs, but the program shows them as one. I used the "More Reply Options" box, which may operate differently from the reply box at the bottom of the page. It's still a program bug.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

JB

If you click the change theme at bottom left a pop up box of the skins I purchased should pop up? Should say from top to bottom... Original ( probably checked in yours) Infinite dark, Infinite and Mobile.   I use infinite as I used to have a hard time seeing quotes in infinite dark.   Click infinite to start. 

If you look on the top right of the screen, far right of top bar, you will see a multicolored square. Click it. You literally make the screen pretty much any color you like, as dark or light as you like it. Find a color you like and click save. 

I think Caesar put up in how to somewhere as well, if you have any issues, let me know

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NPiekarski

NPiekarski

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Region:Cen-Div
  • Car Number:67

Just an idea... How about a engine/performance tab under the Garage area. For some to talk about engine questions/tips/info on general maint., good resource for new people coming in with alot of the same questions.

Nic Piekarski

My 99 Spec Miata makes great torque under 5,500 RPM!!!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts

JB
If you click the change theme at bottom left a pop up box of the skins I purchased should pop up? Should say from top to bottom... Original ( probably checked in yours) Infinite dark, Infinite and Mobile.   I use infinite as I used to have a hard time seeing quotes in infinite dark.   Click infinite to start. 

If you look on the top right of the screen, far right of top bar, you will see a multicolored square. Click it. You literally make the screen pretty much any color you like, as dark or light as you like it. Find a color you like and click save. 

I think Caesar put up in how to somewhere as well, if you have any issues, let me know

Jim

No, when I press "Change Theme", I don't get a popup at all -- I just get taken to the top of the screen, as I said before. It really does what I said, not what it's supposed to. Because of that, I can't change themes at all. As for changing the color, that's sorta cute, but it doesn't change the font colors, so they're still hard to read -- as you yourself said.

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27

JB please post what browser you are using, what version, PC or mac what version of Win or MacOS. 

try to take a screen capture of what you are seeing.

Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
Responded to your email, Caesar. Win XP with IE 8.0. No point in a screen grab -- all it shows is a normal web page. The link goes back to the same page I'm viewing. The link has worked properly in the past, but it's been quite a while since I tried it, probably before the last big update.

RussMcB

RussMcB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:SEDiv
  • Car Number:57

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question ...

Last night I tried to post a new thread with six pictures.  Some of the pictures were above the size limit (249k?), so I went through a few iterations, each time reducing the picture sizes.  When I finally had all six small enough, the site seemed to think I had already uploaded too much and would not let me load them.  I decided to give up and retry this morning (thinking maybe something was cached).

Today it says: "You can upload up to 149.9K of files (Max. single file size: 149.9K)".

Is there a way I can reset my limit (since, AFAIK, I never uploaded/posted anything)?  Or, is there a better way to do it, such as put the pictures in my gallery first?

Thank you.

Racer Russ
Marietta, GA
Former SM racer (now back in a formula car)

Barber 2013 Topless

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Not sure you noticed.. 

Many new emoticons available. We also purchased three new skins that should be available shortly

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:44

The "Like" button used to list who "liked" a post but the new format just shows a total for likes and dislikes. Can you add back a list of person who clicked the "Like" or "Dislike" buttons?

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users