• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

I keep picturing some ol' drunk gal in a cowboy hat, a wife-beater, cut-offs and boots askin a whole mess o' questions about them funny lil cars over yonder, while spittin Skoal.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

trey

trey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:SCCA Houston
  • Car Year:2006
  • Car Number:5

I keep picturing some ol' drunk gal in a cowboy hat, a wife-beater, cut-offs and boots askin a whole mess o' questions about them funny lil cars over yonder, while spittin Skoal.

That's on the T11 side of the track ... We came in that way for the F1 race , and it's right out of Deliverance 

• Glenn likes this

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?

I want to see the vid. of the 4 car wide train trying to make it thru the esses :spin:

Does anyone remeber the pic from either SportsCar or Grassroots that showed either Blake or Lamb going airborne in the grass?

I'm picturing a new pic this year of a miata hitting one of those big orange apex curbs and going skyward.

Have fun out there guys and gals.  Enjoy the scene and the atmosphere.  Remember we do this for fun.

• john mueller likes this

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Number:65

Cars on track now for first official session.  Rain?

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Interesting times...wonder how many went out on on dries? Or maybe all if it wasn't pouring?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9
It is a heavy mist right now. 12;30 friday. Track seems to be going moist almost dry moist again. To me it was slippery with very little moisture on it. I went out for a couple laps on new h2os
Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

COTA - Great facility, very technical track, not the rhythm track that I was expecting. Lack of walls close tempts you to overdrive and the times just get slower. Precision is rewarded well. Charging the braking zone kills the lap times as it is all about the exit speed here, even more than on most other tracks.

Today's practice sessions were both wet/damp and drying. The morning session dried to an almost dry line, but heaven help you if you strayed off that line, you were headed for a trip. Reger was the class of the field with a 2.52.0 put down on the final lap. Entire field went out on dry tires.

The afternoons session as more wet, and did not dry out, and times were slower. The fast times all came at the end of the session. Charbonneau laid down a flyer on the final lap with a 2:58.0, but in this session there were several drivers within a second of the Charbonater. Most of the field went out on dries, but there were a few on H2O’s and they were at the top of the leaderboard for the first few laps.

Finally met Craig Jansen, very cool guy! And wrt to the facility, garages are awesome, toilets in each garage with positively, undoubtedly the best EVER hand drier known to man. More powerful than my Miata for sure!

So tomorrow Qually in the morning and Race 1 in the afternoon. Weather unknown!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Thanks for the post Danny, if it were not for you and  Facewbook I would be out in the cold, or the wet as it were.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79

Frank SCCA has a link with live timing.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Looks like more rain today.  Not sure how many times I heard it never rains in Austin :) Looks like ran the rest of the weekend. It would be nice to get in atleast one of the races in the dry.

Yesterdays wet for me was the worst type. I would either like to drive in the rain on wets or drys in the dry. Driving the track wet and damp with the dry tires was a bit of an adventure. Not sure it was "fun" . T16-18 normally flat in 4th was close in the wet and is was a sustained 4 wheel drift and slide at 90 or so, definitely not confidence inspiring .  Didn't see Andrew on track,  I did see Lamb. That guy is really fast in any conditions, but those in particular.  He was flying. Whoever managed to hit the last lap with the least amount of traffic mae and additional 1-1.5 seconds. Not sure if we will start 10th or go out last today. 

In a side note, I air cooled my STL car in first session yesterday :( That car was really a blast to drive. I added a splitter and a wing and changed shocks. I was only able to run a out 4 laps filled with traffic. I managed to run 38's, I think we would have easily been in the 36's, maybe 35's. I was really looking forward to running that car here :(

This was also the maiden voyage for out new 5 car trailer, so far so good, all seems to be working and we havent dropped any cars yet :)

I think we counted 82 cars yesterday?

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

air

COTA - undoubtedly the best EVER hand drier known to man. More powerful than my Miata for sure!

Details???

Does the air velocity about blow your hand skin into the next room.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

There's Audio with Greg Creamer at SCCA Live.  FYI.

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22

Well that checks off 1 reason why I stayed home. 

(still wish I went though)  <_<

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Number:12?

Looks like the East Street Boys are running hard... also look at Flatout solidly up in the top 10.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

1.6er's, Rushing 9th, Verges 13th, Bruni 19th.

Question to those that are there, how many 2nd gear corners. IIRC per Drago, during the DE learn the track day there were three 2nd gear corners.

Hey Kyle, check out whose driving the FB car 2:09.493  on the pole for todays race. :moon:  Yesterday was his first day at the track.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Race time???  Link to qual results?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC

Second race after lunch

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48

Good luck everyone, I really wish they had speedcasttv cover this one, I have a feeling its going to be good.

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brendan O

Brendan O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Region:SE
  • Car Year:2003

Is there a link to some pictures or video?

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
Keith Verges a SM 1.6er just won SRF, now double duty doing the SM race.

Great job Keith, looking forward to the SM race and your results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users