WMR presents "The Majors at MIS' 5/25, 5/26

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Dayle Frame

Dayle Frame

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Keith I have been on the track for events here and there over the past few years, but never in a racing format.  I am sure they have plans for all the spots people could get into trouble...  I think the spectator viewing might be very good given how everything is setup at MIS. Most tracks we go to crews cant see a thing once the race starts and I think if you walk around just a little you should be able to see 90% of the action within a 50ft walk.

As far as viewing goes, we were told by MIS officials that folks could climb the stairs and stand on the level of the pit suites.  From there you can see the entire track.  Its quite a view.

Dayle

Zauskycop

Zauskycop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:45

I will be entering next week...looking forward to it also!

Tracy Ramsey
45 SM
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9
The more the better... MIS has been working on tire walls for all the problem areas. She be good to go
Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:51

The three buldings you mention will be behind k-rails and will be well protected.  You may have seen in-car video from a Chumpcar event held last August where those buildings were not protected and a large propane tank was exposed to oncoming traffic.  THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN WITH US.

We (WMR and the SCCA) had an inspection of the track back in September.  A few things were needed to make the facility kosher for SCCA's rules.  Those items were all agreed to by MIS and they are adding those elements as we speak (now that the snow is gone).  I can assure you that this facility will be very safe.

Dayle

That's fantastic news Dayle.  A co-worker of mine did a Skip Barber day there last summer and said that the new surface was really smooth.  On the old surface, there was a big bump entering turn one.  He said he could carry much more speed through there without bottoming out the car as per previous years.  The infield grip level was way up too.  Can't wait to race this event.  Should be fun.  Will probably watch all of the pro motors pull away on the NASCAR section, but look out in the infield, I'll be looking for a passing lane.  

Dave Cox

Dave Cox

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Region:Blackhawk Valley
  • Car Number:23

I will be registering as soon as I can figure out where the rest of the group I am looking to paddock with is going to be. Should be this week.

I will try to stay out of the way of the pro motors since I will have to use the down on power motor. Motor fairies didn't leave a good one in the garage this offseason.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

I will be registering as soon as I can figure out where the rest of the group I am looking to paddock with is going to be. Should be this week.

I will try to stay out of the way of the pro motors since I will have to use the down on power motor. Motor fairies didn't leave a good one in the garage this offseason.

My FAIRY DRAGO!!!  :devil:  

Oh damn I think I say it all wrong I mean Jim Drago at East Street builds a mean engine LOL...  :banana:

I am not sure if I am looking forward to this event or not to be honest, but I will be there mostly because a little dutchman told me I have to do this race...  I think that infield in no place to pass, and I sure hope nobody runs out of tallent and runs into me in that section...

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Dave Cox

Dave Cox

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Region:Blackhawk Valley
  • Car Number:23

Kyle I agree and I have talked with Jim several times in the last year and if at my family had not lost income for 4 months (plus a new baby) and some other unplanned expenses since November the problem would have been resolved by Jim/East Street a long time ago.

As it is I think I have a solution, but it will not be ready by MIS and possibly not even the Sprints unfortunatly, but hopefully in time for the 2nd half of my season.

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9

Kyle said he would be happy to be the pusher for anyone who needs the help. He said the oval is so easy to drive that even a cavemen can do it!

Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Mikey I think you are inventor of easy

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

THOSE PAINT CANS ARE BAD ASS!

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Kyle said he would be happy to be the pusher for anyone who needs the help. He said the oval is so easy to drive that even a cavemen can do it!

I think you maybe invent the oven to...  Now I see why husbands and wives from Michigan are so grumpy all the time... tough toi stay warm in the great white north ehhh LOL

K. Webb